Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
SunlightCrusader
Uparkaam
Ciledaknuf
EmoElmos
Rynn
Spurgun
DxV04
Majikero07
Motopsycho
nsane32
Jotape
FinPeku
Shkar
Federally
eninala
TehInfamousAmos
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DoughGuy
Tolvo
sunbro
Quarik
DarkW17
befowler
skarekrow13
Yog
cloudyeki
Brokewilly
Bamjam
34 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 6 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:12 pm

I see the issues Tolvo but we'll need moderator help for this one methinks.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:18 pm

Yeah - I noticed earlier the thread was reduced - the system the forum runs on may have automatic archiving enabled after certain number of posts. We may have to check with the moderator to see if that was the case. We definitely don't want to lose all of the information we have posted over the last few months.

befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:48 pm

The threads split and lock themselves automatically at roughly 1000 posts. This functionality was apparently created during the P.T. (pre-Tolvo) era and can't be changed. Going forward you may continue to post in this thread, or start a new one with links to the old and perhaps a summary of the best tips, after which I can lock this one. None of the options are ideal, but we'll muddle through.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:44 pm

Muddling? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thanks for the explanation befowler
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Also, there is no truth to the rumor that we were convinced to lock the thread by the powerful forest farmers lobby. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a box of cigars to smoke.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:24 pm

Now I know you're lying. No camper I know of would take the trouble of killing the Anor Londo mimic all six times necessary to pay for Judas........
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:10 pm

Ok - everyone I have posted a new vid to Youtube regarding the traitorous hunter in our midst. I was PM'd by another hunter this morning and was told the traitor was invading - so I thought "Go ahead and give it a try." I hit the jackpoint on my very 1st invasion - I invaded at the exact same time as he did. Unfortunately for him he warped in surrounded by two gankers. So I stayed and watched for a bit (with the tape rolling) and saw he was working his way towards me (he either wanted some help - yeah right!! or use me as a meat shield). I calmly popped a humanity as he's approaching (this act goes back to a comment he made on the 1st public Youtube vid I posted) and BC'd out as he ran past toward Alvina's house.

I tell you poetic justice is beautiful thing and its even better since I recorded it. So everyone check my Youtube channel and enjoy. I made the vid public so I'm basically embarrassing him for the world to see.

To anyone who cannot access my Youtube channel - let me know and I will PM you the link.

I love this job!!!
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:34 pm

Ah, revenge can be sweet. I only wish I could have watched him die in the vid, but my imagination can make up for that. Excellent choice of music again. Guys like that make me wish I could spontaneously turn red mid invasion.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:44 am

Tonight I laughed harder than I have in ages. I'm fighting a farmer in pally gear with a chaos zwei, and his phantom. BS the phantom, now it's just the host and I. We roll around and whiff at each other for 5 minutes, he doesn't get a summon and I don't get an invasion. I switch out my greataxe for the G. Scythe, and get him down to ~10%. He pulls out a weapon that effectively nullifies my scythe, so I go back to my estoc and he runs over to the cliff to heal. I try to kick him, but use the rapier special kick animation to deal a whopping 90 damage, and he's at full health. Then he rolls back off of the edge. It was hard to resist pointing down, looking skyward, or shrugging.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:00 am

First invasion of the night I see a host and gold. Get pw and lemon buff in quick. Host went back to the stairs and I cut the gold off. One hit and he's on the run. A couple more and he's exiting the world. Host finally sees me. Tries his best but it wasn't nearly enough. Later in the night I caught a host solo. Dressed like a camper but anyone solo gets a fair fight. No buffs on so great scythe vs great sword. Somehow he seems to be operating under the idea all weapons are created equal. A few flips and we both get a chip in. I back step some and he whiffs. I don't. He literally does not move and swings again. Um.....not wise. Whiff....again....I don't...again. He's just about done for and tries to rush in for a stun. One sidestep later and I'm foxing another victory notice out to Alvina
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:27 am

Oh I got a classic partner revenge kill. I had just invaded a host ganker I fought before and had my DSB equip. Run to see the host fighting a hunter near the stairs. I ready up a shot and the host ends up taking a back stab. Hunter is getting ready for a chain but the host parries-reposte and kills the hunter. Not fair. So I shot him in the gut and got the hunter his rightful kill.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:53 am

Yog wrote:Ah, revenge can be sweet. I only wish I could have watched him die in the vid, but my imagination can make up for that. Excellent choice of music again. Guys like that make me wish I could spontaneously turn red mid invasion.

@Yog - thanks. Yeah revenge is great and I also wish I could have recorded his death but like you said I will let my imagination fill in the blanks. This traitor has been having a real hard time of it as of late (per what I am hearing from other hunters) but he brought this on his self. Everyone has roll to play in DkS and his role is to protect the forest from trespassers. Alvina was pleased when I showed her the vid and she also liked the music.happy
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:54 am

cloudyeki wrote:Oh I got a classic partner revenge kill. I had just invaded a host ganker I fought before and had my DSB equip. Run to see the host fighting a hunter near the stairs. I ready up a shot and the host ends up taking a back stab. Hunter is getting ready for a chain but the host parries-reposte and kills the hunter. Not fair. So I shot him in the gut and got the hunter his rightful kill.

Cloud - you have really become deadly with the DSB. Where wereyou sniping the host from? And did you have the Hawk ring equiped when you took the shot?

Good times people good times.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:05 am

So I havent read through much of this thread but could you explain to me how this person betrayed the hunters?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:37 am

DoughGuy wrote:So I havent read through much of this thread but could you explain to me how this person betrayed the hunters?

@DoughGuy - the best way to tell you is show you. Checkout the following two vids (specifically pay attention to the actions of the hunter (blue) in the 1st video). Also, read the comments the under the 1st video.

1st video - https://youtu.be/XctLMA8T3A4

2nd video - https://youtu.be/SQd9Sr64DhE

In short the hunter (blue) was actively participating in a gank against me and he was taking up a blue invasion slot preventing another hunter, who would actually do their job from invading. This is the worst thing any hunter could possibly do. He is traitor in my eyes forever & day - as a hunter you either fight, run or BC out - there are no other choices. This hunter and I are now enemies for life - I will never help him (as can be shown in the 2nd vid).

I am sure you would also be pissed if this happened to you. Please post your thoughts on how you would dealt with the hunter after such scurrilous actions.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:45 am

Ah ok. I did actually see the first vid but didnt realise they were the same person. Pray for the day they invade as a red and you can actually kill them yourself.
    As a side note the other day I invaded and Shiva was standing there visible. I was right to be suspicious because some guy was pretending to be him and almost got me. Ended up killing him just. Today I invaded and walked out, noting the bandit was alive I went to run out. Luckily I had my shield up because the andit attacked me. I quickly dispatched them and went to send them a message saying good trick but Ive seen it before. Then I noticed that Im stil in their world. I had invadeed as a white. There was another invader already so I suicide jumped so they would get souls..
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:43 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Ah ok. I did actually see the first vid but didnt realise they were the same person. Pray for the day they invade as a red and you can actually kill them yourself.
    As a side note the other day I invaded and Shiva was standing there visible. I was right to be suspicious because some guy was pretending to be him and almost got me. Ended up killing him just. Today I invaded and walked out, noting the bandit was alive I went to run out. Luckily I had my shield up because the andit attacked me. I quickly dispatched them and went to send them a message saying good trick but Ive seen it before. Then I noticed that Im stil in their world. I had invadeed as a white. There was another invader already so I suicide jumped so they would get souls..

Yeah - the traitor basically changed his look between the two vids but it is the same fool. If he ever invades as a red - I will be so happy I will ignore the host completely and go for him. Yeah - I've been killed by the imposter axe man when I first started as hunter - that trick will not work on me again. I have experienced the hunter invading as white glitch a couple of times and I basically do what you did and suicide myself. I could not stomach killing a hunter so a donation of souls are the order of the day.

Fight hard and die harder.Good hunting!
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:58 pm

No hawk ring. FaP and fog. I was back in the trees close to the treent spawn.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:29 pm

Stopping by when I can with my cold, as it really hurts me in the forest so I've been staying out of it mostly when I've been sick. But I thought I should share a funny story. So, I invaded and was met with three phantoms, whom which i kept away from. They got close to me, and bowed to me. So I was a bit confused, but didn't attack them. Then I got a message. Broke you are going to get a kick out of this.

"Hey, want to help us? If reds invade you'll get souls, but if you take up a slot we can kill the jackasses, and you won't have to die. So, care to take up a slot, and live? If it's a dark wraith though you can help us kill them. We don't want to sitting back leaving the retards alone."

So I send him a message agreeing...

So I equip my trusty Chaos +5 Halerd, Switch to PW, my +0 pyro glove, hornets ring. And a red invades. I cast PW, run and BS...The gold phantom. Then the White Phantom, then the host. All died in one hit, and the red bowed to me. So I got a message about how I was a douche and a traitor.

My reply?

"Oh my apologies. You see, I was told to help you kill the jackasses, so I did. I don't see what the issue was?"
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:06 pm

lol great work Tolvo.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:41 pm

Phenomenal. If I had a book of legends that would be in it.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:47 pm

Tolvo- Words cannot describe the pure bliss I feel after reading that.

Broke- I find it amusing that many of the people in your videos I invade frequently, yet we have never invaded together. The gankers will rue the day that the frequent posters on this thread team up.

Any advice on maxing BS damage? Obviously Hornet's Ring and a super high damage weapon, but what else? RTSR and PW are risky and partially cripple me, but I can't think of anything else to OHKO chars with vit pumped to 99.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:49 pm

Dragon Form is great for BS, as you've probably learned from certain people carrying bows. As well as force, you can actually run up to a person, cast force, then BS them relatively easily. If you ever see a man with a rapier in one hand and a talisman in the other, get ready to dodge dodge dodge.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:57 pm

Not terribly relevant, but rapiers are fairly weak for BS damage. Hard hitting weapons deal about 1.5x as much bs damage as a rapier, especially if they have a strong buff because it will take effect twice. Speaking of which, what is the most powerful buff at high stats? CMW, DMB+3, or SLB?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:58 pm

DMB+3 is the strongest buff in game. If you check the resources thread there is actually a thread where I think Merid goes over the numbers, and helps you figure out how much damage your DMB+3 will do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:25 am