Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
SunlightCrusader
Uparkaam
Ciledaknuf
EmoElmos
Rynn
Spurgun
DxV04
Majikero07
Motopsycho
nsane32
Jotape
FinPeku
Shkar
Federally
eninala
TehInfamousAmos
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DoughGuy
Tolvo
sunbro
Quarik
DarkW17
befowler
skarekrow13
Yog
cloudyeki
Brokewilly
Bamjam
34 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 5 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:08 pm

They didn't get to see me but I was dressed as the Easter Bunny. There's a pic in the peddler thread if you need a laugh

Also, one time I ran around leaving a dung pie just about everywhere and then hid by the rolly cats. I eventually got bored and tried to fight but got ganked. Invaded again and saw that one if the items was picked up. Never got hate mail surprisingly
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:30 pm

I've got a silly story. Friday night around the end of my hunting session I decided to go sniper. So with Ring of Fog and DSB I was ready to catch gankers off guard. Alvina calls me up and puts me near the treents, and next to a friend of mine who's also a hunter. Guy's got the fog ring and DSB equiped as well so we both look to the sky and then proceed to snipe at every opposing angle and scaring the bejeesus out of the ganking pair. We got so good we'd alternate our shots, so he'd snipe from the treents and then move while I shot from Alvina and moved when he shot from the little pond. Completely in-sync till the not-sunbro locked on to me and I switched to my mlgs. The fight ended with me getting a 2h r2 off on the sunbro as the host took one last DSB shot to the face.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:30 pm

Ok friends and country men/women - here is my 1st attempt at a forest invasion vid with music. I played around with some video editing software and this is the fruits of my labor. It's a short 2v2 but I think the action and the music flows well. Everyone let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/-zuNFyGlH-k

Enjoy and Good hunting!!
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:48 pm

Broke : Dug the new vids! You have gotten a lot more aggressive since your first vid posts. I'm pleased to see it. Very impressive indeed sir. Nice music on the most recent one. I could feel the tension in it.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:52 am

Love the musical addition broke. You should do these more often, they're really enjoyable.

You've gotten more aggressive, and yet your still on the defensive side. I think you should lay off the left bumper more, because you're slowing down your stamina regen when your free to move. Guarding shouldn't be a constant thing, only when it's absolutely necessary. I pride myself with rapidly flipping around and making my opponent lose sight of me and have to refocus on me.

If you've access to the kiln I say you do what skare said about spacing practice. No blocking, just spacing as your defense, because that would improve your stamina situation immensely.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:45 am

cloudyeki wrote:Love the musical addition broke. You should do these more often, they're really enjoyable.

You've gotten more aggressive, and yet your still on the defensive side. I think you should lay off the left bumper more, because you're slowing down your stamina regen when your free to move. Guarding shouldn't be a constant thing, only when it's absolutely necessary. I pride myself with rapidly flipping around and making my opponent lose sight of me and have to refocus on me.

If you've access to the kiln I say you do what skare said about spacing practice. No blocking, just spacing as your defense, because that would improve your stamina situation immensely.

Cloud - yeah I realized I was eating through my stamina pretty bad in that fight. I am usually better with stamina management but not in that invasion. Yeah - I'm going to do Skare's gauntlet as soon as possible. Probably need to tape some fingers together on my let hand to keep from hold the guard button as much - its a habit I will need to break.

Now that i'm playing round with the pike I can keep my shield down more. We shall see how this weapon build-out turns out.

Thank you for the feedback.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:49 am

Great job. 2 on 2 became 1 vs 4. Music went really well with it
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:52 am

Yog wrote:Broke : Dug the new vids! You have gotten a lot more aggressive since your first vid posts. I'm pleased to see it. Very impressive indeed sir. Nice music on the most recent one. I could feel the tension in it.

Yog - thanks. Now that I know how the vid editing software works I'm going to be doing alot of playing around with sound tracks, special effects, etc.

Yeah - Wu-Tang always gets me in the mood for invasions. Will probably be using instrumentals from a lot of their songs.

As Cloud mention I gotta keep my fingers away from the guard button - I hold it by habit. My stamina management during that invasion basically sucked. Luckily the other hunter and I was able to pull out a win in that fight.Good times all around.

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:06 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Great job. 2 on 2 became 1 vs 4. Music went really well with it

Skare - thanks. Even though my stamina mgmt sucked to all get out in that fight - the covenant was able to pull out a win. Yeah that was crazy - I did not realize until I watched the vid that a trent had joined in on the fun. I also could not believe the Axe man had been pulled all the way from the top of the hill to help out.
    My whole intent was to keep the white busy because I had invaded with the other hunter a couple of times before and he is solid fighter so I knew he would keep the host engaged. It was a good win.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:26 am

Teaming up with a good hunter is extremely fun. Learning to work in tandem with that hunter is even better. Going by instinct with a partner is the best.

Today I was invading and got into a 2v1 with a ganking pair hounding me in the forest. A minute in to me dancing around and between the two my partner shows up and backstabs the sunbro. He continues to deal with him as I fight the host using the overused giants+motm+bkga. I focus on mainly pressuring him with my mlgs, catching his chugs with 1h r2s and after I here the phantom vanish knows I instantly swap to my halberd, thinking I'm about to get rushed. 2h the halberd and r2 as the host runs at me, catching him with the two hits and destroying his poise. 2nd hunter comes in with a buffed katana and slashes him twice as he tries to get away and it ends with a tandem hit from my halberd and his katana.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:27 am

cloudyeki wrote:Teaming up with a good hunter is extremely fun. Learning to work in tandem with that hunter is even better. Going by instinct with a partner is the best.

Today I was invading and got into a 2v1 with a ganking pair hounding me in the forest. A minute in to me dancing around and between the two my partner shows up and backstabs the sunbro. He continues to deal with him as I fight the host using the overused giants+motm+bkga. I focus on mainly pressuring him with my mlgs, catching his chugs with 1h r2s and after I here the phantom vanish knows I instantly swap to my halberd, thinking I'm about to get rushed. 2h the halberd and r2 as the host runs at me, catching him with the two hits and destroying his poise. 2nd hunter comes in with a buffed katana and slashes him twice as he tries to get away and it ends with a tandem hit from my halberd and his katana.

Cloud - don't you just love it when there is one enemy left and both you and the other hunter converge on the camper at the same time for the killing blow. Fights like these makes being mauled by 2v1/3v1 worth it.

Great job.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:18 am

Friends and allies of Alvina - it is a great morning. I just invaded with that traitorous scum of hunter I'm beefing with and he was getting banged. I invaded on the hill near Alvina and was watching him run like the coward he is trying to avoid the bang. So he works his way towards me looking for help (the traitor had commented on Youtube that he was getting crazy experience from the fame he received from the vid) so I calmly popped a humanity as he was running by (in his face) and BC'd out. I hope he got his butt banged to death - I hate traitors. I recorded the invasion (will post tonight) and I will post it publicly so check my Youtube channel. Poetic justice is a cold hard dish - what goes around comes around.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:49 am

That's awexome Broke. Hope he had enough time to see it was your id that popped up. I was working the bunny gimmick for the peddlers last night which was kinda fun. I did some forest fights in between working a trade with a guy who was fighting pretty honorably in the forest. I showed one guy that I was unarmed and in a bunny suit but he still attacked me. Quick switch to scythe and shield and the bunny took the win. I found another person decked out for a cannon mage build with Eki's MLGS. Let's just say that the HCSM didn't work well on me. I got nipped by the first energy wave from the sword and rolled into the person for the second. Lemon buffed scythe's are definitely meant to cut through robes. Lucky she survived the second hit (musta had good vit) and tried to run from me to heal. With no shield. And her back turned. I took the high road and didn't message her saying she got owned by a crazy rabbit. I found another guy looking like he wanted to duel honestly. We circle a bit and no one really did any damage. I get a chance to lemon buff and he decides to WoG spam. Hits me with the first full on and I avoid the rest. Didn't count them. I have the shield raised as he approaches. Quick roll behind him and change to talisman. WoG at point blank to him. Also.....he had tried to heavy swing a couple times. His lack of stamina meant.....FLATTENED. He gets up to a second WoG. Even if he had a shield rather than a 2 handed greatsword he had nowhere near enough stamina left to avoid the heavy scythe hits. Another one lost to the dang bunny. Great night in the forest.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:20 am

What the hell? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE THREAD!

All of that information, gone?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:34 am

skarekrow13 wrote:That's awexome Broke. Hope he had enough time to see it was your id that popped up. I was working the bunny gimmick for the peddlers last night which was kinda fun. I did some forest fights in between working a trade with a guy who was fighting pretty honorably in the forest. I showed one guy that I was unarmed and in a bunny suit but he still attacked me. Quick switch to scythe and shield and the bunny took the win. I found another person decked out for a cannon mage build with Eki's MLGS. Let's just say that the HCSM didn't work well on me. I got nipped by the first energy wave from the sword and rolled into the person for the second. Lemon buffed scythe's are definitely meant to cut through robes. Lucky she survived the second hit (musta had good vit) and tried to run from me to heal. With no shield. And her back turned. I took the high road and didn't message her saying she got owned by a crazy rabbit. I found another guy looking like he wanted to duel honestly. We circle a bit and no one really did any damage. I get a chance to lemon buff and he decides to WoG spam. Hits me with the first full on and I avoid the rest. Didn't count them. I have the shield raised as he approaches. Quick roll behind him and change to talisman. WoG at point blank to him. Also.....he had tried to heavy swing a couple times. His lack of stamina meant.....FLATTENED. He gets up to a second WoG. Even if he had a shield rather than a 2 handed greatsword he had nowhere near enough stamina left to avoid the heavy scythe hits. Another one lost to the dang bunny. Great night in the forest.

Skare - yeah the traitorous cur definitely saw my invasion sign since we invaded at exactly the same time (He may have come in a little before me since he was already engaged but I did see his that's how I knew it was him so he most likely saw mine). I will make sure to do a top-notch job on the vid when I publish (music, captions, etc).

Great job on the campers - us hunters get to fight against so many different weapon configs - it is really amazing. That MLGS energy attack used to make old Broke really nervous - but now I take it in stride.

I have got to check-out the other thread to see this Easter Bunny outfit - I know I'm going to bust a gut when I see it:lol!: .

Last edited by Brokewilly on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:35 am

Uh...Broke do you have any idea what happened? Well, the original thread for For the Glory is still in my signature, but it's locked. What the hell?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:42 am

Yeah.......wasn't there a bit more than 8 pages before?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:43 am

There should be like, 75.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:47 am

Is Meridam getting revenge on me for the Pink Gorilla joke by splitting this thread?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:49 am

This same thing actually just happened to the Lifehunters thread, I'm wondering if it's a glitch when something gets too many posts. They were at a similar number, if not the exact same number.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:50 am

Shhhh......no talk of glitches. It's an intended consequence. Which it might be. I see that Broke's last post in the old thread has a link to this one.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:24 pm

More than likely it got split to save room.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:25 pm

But then how can we find the original thread while searching through the forum, without using the links from our signatures?

It just seems like this is a pretty bad thing, and could end up in people losing out on a lot of useful forest hunting information.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Rename that thread tactics and then this as stories. And keep both in the resource thread. Might need to get it sticky'd >_>
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:28 pm

But we'll still be adding tactics and ideas to this thread, while the other one is locked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:13 am