Boss Items - Best to Worst?

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Re: Boss Items - Best to Worst?

Post by Serious_Much on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:04 pm

Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 wrote:I should know from experience... lol...... That sword has great stunlock. It pretty much stunlocks instantly, and even if it has "weak" damage, if you have high stamina, then you can kill enemies no matter what. And yes if you didnt get the hint, I tend to do this a lot..... lol..... dont yell at me either because I'm not the only one that does it....... its actually kind of funny to get messages about how much of a "noob" you are because the person died without a chance.....

I don't even understand why you're inferring that i'm gonna get pissed at you. and if you're trying to bait, it ain't gonna work happy

But.. reason I put it there is it's got crap damage and as a result I've never used it. Fine if it's got stun lock but to me if it's as heavy as it is, needs to pack a punch to be worthwhile, thats why it's not something I'll ever use. (besides i prefer to strike and roll away, combos for me are only if I know I can kill them quickly)

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:10 pm

I have herpes, well actually I don't but ya know silly <-- that isnt me licking a child btw... Yeah I'm wierd so I like weapons eg; Chaos Blade, the golems axe 1h has a horrendous stunlock! and hmm hmm hmm lets see CRS was nice pre-nerf and finally Greatlord Greatsword/ Dragonslayer spear - I love those badaasses :L

For one slick avatar visit this thread
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t8933-picture-request-thread
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:33 pm

Also, why would I put the Crystal Ring Shield on MY list when I think it's a piece of crap.

Because its SWAG. its got great Magic defense too, plus the secondary attack, i feel bad for anyone that chose the butterfly horn

Welcome To Chernaus - http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t4981p15-day-z-komraddakkas-journal#91882

Komradds Kafe - Music and discussion 24/7 - http://www.synchtube.com/r/komradd#
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:45 pm

Not all of these are soul weps but..in no specific order
    MLGS
    Chaos blade
    GSoA
    Moonlight butterfly horn, it is a great combination with MLGS, but only worth using offhand.
    Crystal ring shield is boss

Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:49 pm

Artorias wrote:Crystal ring shield is boss

plus one. i like the cut of your jib....

Welcome To Chernaus - http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t4981p15-day-z-komraddakkas-journal#91882

Komradds Kafe - Music and discussion 24/7 - http://www.synchtube.com/r/komradd#
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:18 pm

The Crystal Ring Shield is very pro, I use it on PvE farming builds.
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:45 pm

honestly i think the butterfly horn is a better choice since the crystal ring shield has been nerfed. with 40int the horn does 333 pure magic dmg and has good range. its handy because since it is pure magic dmg it ignores most shields deff by more then 50% most the time. youll notice tons of people using it as an alt weapon along with the mlgs, its perfect to chip their health away until you can get up close and stunlock them.

that build is one of the most powerful imo, unless your ready and have added a bunch of extra magic deff to your toon.
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:47 pm

In that case i switch to my chaos/lighting claymore +5

Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:58 pm

all that so you end up with a lightining claymore? LOL

Anyway here's my list:

1-Greatsword of Artorias.

Well, thats it.

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:01 pm

It sucks i only use at as a backup, i dont want to run/turtle until gmb or mg wear out, and i too love the GSOA. Both of them too!

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:54 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:honestly i think the butterfly horn is a better choice since the crystal ring shield has been nerfed. with 40int the horn does 333 pure magic dmg and has good range. its handy because since it is pure magic dmg it ignores most shields deff by more then 50% most the time. youll notice tons of people using it as an alt weapon along with the mlgs, its perfect to chip their health away until you can get up close and stunlock them.

that build is one of the most powerful imo, unless your ready and have added a bunch of extra magic deff to your toon.
    Honestly I might give that a run for my Dusk Oolacile build.
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:21 am

After so many hours I just can't tell which of the boss, soul or dragon weapons are the best. I've tried a lot of them but it seems that the way I create my characters is not alligned with an specific weapon use.
    I could say that the Gravelord GS is one of the best. The QFS is not bad for low levels too since it both weapon doesn't need high stats to deal some damage.
    So at the end I stick up with my set of BS swords. (I have a full set with magic, enchanted, fire, lightning plus one scaled through normal scaling for buffs)

GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:28 am

I would have to say that all of the boss soul weapons are disapointing to me since im not a fan of using status build ups on my enemys.

1.Great lord Great sword because im a stun lock wh**e (prefer ultras though)

2.fury sword when I duel wield (for my left hand for parry and attack)

3. Great sword of Aortis the one with the 2 B mods (spelled wrong I know) cause with my Sl 623 character it does 722 in the stats counter in the menu one handed the two handed attask does a little over a 1000

as an honarable mention even though the dragon great sword is not a boss weapon its still one of my favorite weapons because if you land a 2 handed R2 attack within range of the blade the damage stacks to 1.5 of twohanded damage for a total of about 945 pure phisical damage along with a straight line of damage along the projected path for 595

"Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:08 am