Occult Weapon

Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Occult Weapon

Post by Blade of The Sun on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:44 am

I desire to make use of this upgrade path. What Level should I be?

It finds solace in the fact that it is at least trying.
    It then feels it can no longer take their pains without the power to end them.
    and so, it takes on a demon soul, and becomes not a fair and pure maiden, but a lost executioner who finds peace in helping the pained pass on from this life.
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: Occult Weapon

Post by Revoltage on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:07 am

I'm assuming you're wondering about how much faith you would want? I would recommend 40-50 faith to take advantage of the B scaling an occult weapon would have in that stat. More magic damage is always good right?

GFWL / XBL GT: high rev0ltage (yeah that's a zero) - Steam ID: Revoltage
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:10 am

I've seen a few people mention that divine is superior in damage. I think Rant was the one testing it.

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:17 am

40-50 is max for any scaling stat. Clearly the damage output on faith based upgrades isn't suited for high level pvp. I want to know an idea SL range.

and so, it takes on a demon soul, and becomes not a fair and pure maiden, but a lost executioner who finds peace in helping the pained pass on from this life.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:24 am

SublimeSinner wrote:I've seen a few people mention that divine is superior in damage. I think Rant was the one testing it.

go with 50 faith and make an occult GC, its pretty awesome. and as for what you said im gonna explain here, devine is better for med and heavy armor since their magic res is lower than light armor and occult is better for light armor becasue of light armor's lower physical res. i prefer occult cause it sounds a lot cooler than devine. the damege difference is very minimal just in case you wanna know.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:47 am

Blade of The Sun wrote:40-50 is max for any scaling stat. Clearly the damage output on faith based upgrades isn't suited for high level pvp. I want to know an idea SL range.

Techniaally, it goes all the way to 99. It just drops to a snails pace at 40.
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:07 am

Shkar wrote:
    Blade of The Sun wrote:40-50 is max for any scaling stat. Clearly the damage output on faith based upgrades isn't suited for high level pvp. I want to know an idea SL range.

Really?

Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:23 am

Blade of The Sun wrote:
    Shkar wrote:

Really?

Yeah, http://www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/

That's a popular build calculator. If you experiment, you will see that
    scaling continues up to 99. If you don't want to do that, looking at the
    talisman/catalyst Mag. Adjusts should be decent proof.
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:22 pm

Shkar wrote:
    Blade of The Sun wrote:
    Shkar wrote:

Really?

Yeah, http://www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/

That's a popular build calculator. If you experiment, you will see that
    scaling continues up to 99. If you don't want to do that, looking at the
    talisman/catalyst Mag. Adjusts should be decent proof.

do you know what my signature is?

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Yeah, it does scale above 40-50, but the difference is nominal. It is a lot of stats to be using for a very small change in AR. With Vit of End, the change is better because of MoM, RoFaP, and MoF. These will increase the gain per SL.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:36 pm

You honestly think I thought that scaling comes to a dead halt at 40-50? Either people(including mods) love to troll the slightest implication, or people really don't want to use common sense on this topic.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:21 pm

Are you invading or drawing other to your world? If i remember, occult would be better against white/gold phantoms and hosts, while divine is better against the black invaders, all three of them (Red and Blue, as well as the dragon white).

Divine for drawing, occult for invading. Might help you.

It is the reason why the scaling is not as good in terms of the magic and enchanted weapons, as they reach A and better B slots. The occult and divine do bonus damage, depending on what it attacks. Although whether it affects both physical and magic, or jsut magic, is uncertain. However, as the dragon dagger (crossbreed) is occult and only physical, it can be said that they work for both attacks, making the double defence immune (as the armour resists two different atatcks instead of one pure one), it would help in your case.

So the question is, again, are you invading or are you drawing?
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:24 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Are you invading or drawing other to your world? If i remember, occult would be better against white/gold phantoms and hosts, while divine is better against the black invaders, all three of them (Red and Blue, as well as the dragon white).

It is the reason why the scaling is not as good in terms of the magic and enchanted weapons, as they reach A and better B slots. The occult and divine do bonus damage, depending on what it attacks. Although whether it affects both physical and magic, or jsut magic, is uncertain. However, as the dragon dagger (crossbreed) is occult and only physical, it can be said that they work for both attacks, making the double defence immune (as the armour resists two different atatcks instead of one pure one), it would help in your case.

is that really true? from testing it myself the difference is minimal and it doesnt seem to really matter if youre a bp, wp or host.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:29 pm

Many people have said that is the case, and some have said they have not noticed. I ahve not tried, but that is what i have obtained from the use of both miracles. it would make sense in a way, as the faith weapons would be useless otherwise. As the invaders are always black 9similar to occult) and the phantoms you higher are of less black quality (white and clear body instead of being like an invader phantom), it would make sense.

Of course, i could be wrong, as I do not invade much, and have not tried divine nor occult weapons in most cases, with occult being used mostly for the knights and gwyn at times (and never divine). However if other people have seen a change of death to phantoms, than it would be fair to say that they are right. of course experimentation would also be needed as well. I am jsut getting this information from the forums, both old and new, is all.

This has been a high debate for a while now. Occult is indeed occult of anything else, and divine seems to be of occult quality as well. obscure and misunderstood. Hopefully we can just put it down and say what is and what is not.
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:32 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    Acidic_Cook wrote:Are you invading or drawing other to your world? If i remember, occult would be better against white/gold phantoms and hosts, while divine is better against the black invaders, all three of them (Red and Blue, as well as the dragon white).

is that really true? from testing it myself the difference is minimal and it doesnt seem to really matter if youre a bp, wp or host.

I tested the same weapon occult and divine against a naked friend, first time I invaded him, second time he invaded me. Occult did more damage in both cases.

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:48 pm

I'll most likely be invading.

Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:15 pm

Blade of The Sun wrote:You honestly think I thought that scaling comes to a dead halt at 40-50? Either people(including mods) love to troll the slightest implication, or people really don't want to use common sense on this topic.

My apologies, I hadn't realized you were being sarcastic. I know most people don't go past 40, almost never past 50, and thought maybe some people figured it just stopped there. I was legitimately was trying to help, and again, sorry if I came across as trolling.
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:18 pm

I do appreciate the help, but I'm just a little frustrated about how off topic this question has got. It's actually my fault for not specifying, but thank you for responding.

PS- It wasn't sarcasm though. I was legitimately asking, are you really pointing out a technicality? Again I did not specify, but again thank you for responding. I don't always have the luxury of finishing posts that I start, especially nowadays with family being sick all the time, but I try to clarify when I can. I didn't give out any bad rep because it was partly my fault for not being clear enough.

BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:59 pm

I do not understand why there should be a difference in the better weapon for hosts or invaders. They're both alive to be able to invade, and to be invaded, they're both in the same body form. And even if they invaded hollow as a blue, they're human during the invasion.

RantFromRant wrote:go with 50 faith and make an occult GC, its pretty awesome. and as for what you said im gonna explain here, devine is better for med and heavy armor since their magic res is lower than light armor and occult is better for light armor becasue of light armor's lower physical res. i prefer occult cause it sounds a lot cooler than devine. the damege difference is very minimal just in case you wanna know.
    Good explanation.

Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:04 pm

Blade of The Sun wrote:I do appreciate the help, but I'm just a little frustrated about how off topic this question has got. It's actually my fault for not specifying, but thank you for responding.

PS- It wasn't sarcasm though. I was legitimately asking, are you really pointing out a technicality? Again I did not specify, but again thank you for responding. I don't always have the luxury of finishing posts that I start, especially nowadays with family being sick all the time, but I try to clarify when I can. I didn't give out any bad rep because it was partly my fault for not being clear enough.

I can think of a few unusual builds where people might not want to dump level ups on things that won't affect their build, that's why I thought to point that out.

However, I will not spam your post any more. You need not feel obligated to respond to this, good sir!
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:15 am

Carphil wrote:
    I tested the same weapon occult and divine against a naked friend, first time I invaded him, second time he invaded me. Occult did more damage in both cases.

Good to know!
    I guess it's really a PVE thing

ON TOPIC: Best Soul Level to invade for an Occult weapon? I would say the lower the level the better, as around SL110+ I see a lot of people with med-heavy armour with high Mag resistance.
    Alhough at the same time if your going Occult you wouldn't have to focus on Str or Dex very much so you could put more into other stats... hrmmmmmmmm.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:16 am