So, About This PC DLC

    Share
    avatar
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 569
    Reputation : 23
    Join date : 2012-04-22
    Location : Colorado

    So, About This PC DLC

    Post by Extertionist on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:25 pm

    Does anyone know if this DLC is going to be PC exclusive, cause if it is then that'd screw all the loyal fans who've play both Souls games.
    avatar
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1279
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2012-04-11
    Location : Firelink

    Re: So, About This PC DLC

    Post by Buggy Virus on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:11 pm

    Like I always say about this sort of stuff, they aren't screwing us.

    I still have the same dark souls game that I bought and that I thought it would always be, I never expected DLC. The fact that it is offered for PC doesn't mean they are screwing us, rather that they are trying to turn a profit on the PC version that was petitioned by console players.

    If it doesn't turn a profit, or the fan boycott Namco over this all that means is Namco will stop giving the smaller companies like From Software opportunities to do stuff like this.

    From hasn't done anything they said they weren't going to do, and they have not done anything negative, simply included something positive for PC gamers.


    _________________
    *Busy Drawing*
    Xbl: A Buggy Virus
    Whelp, now I have positive rep.
    Reputation : 30
    Positive votes received : 80
    Negative votes received : 74
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: So, About This PC DLC

    Post by WyrmHero on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:43 pm

    Don't know why they give you -1, but what you say is true. +1


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    MalBunneh

    Posts : 4
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 27

    Re: So, About This PC DLC

    Post by MalBunneh on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:29 pm

    I doubt it will be, but if it is I'm sure they will give console players their own exclusive content. Or if console gets it and it's payed content, I'd like to see them reward those who pre-ordered it by letting them download it free with their code they used for the free content.
    avatar
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    Re: So, About This PC DLC

    Post by aceluby on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:14 pm

    WyrmHero wrote:Don't know why they give you -1, but what you say is true. +1

    Same, I gave you a +1 as well, not sure why people would get angry at you for speaking the truth. Most of us have spent hundreds of hours on this game which is a TON for the average $60 game. I don't understand the need or want to 'boycott' such a wonderful game simply because you weren't offered extra content you never expected to get when making the initial purchase in the first place.


    _________________
    Aceluby on PSN, add me!

    SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    avatar
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 287
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-04-06
    Age : 30
    Location : U.S.

    Re: So, About This PC DLC

    Post by sinisterapathy on Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:14 pm

    It bothers people because pc shouldnt get more than we got for the same price AND if they are leaving us out they are doing so to get fans to buy the pc version even though we already bought the game once which is called ripping us off.

    The extra content should come to consoles as well.

    Also dont say that the extra content is to get more pc players to buy it. If they want the game they already planned on buying it as is which is why they made the petition.

    The ONLY reason they would leave it exclusive to pc is to get us to buy the game twice which is wrong.

    What you say is true enough but by leaving out consoles they are leaving their core fanbase in the dark after our money and praise made them what they are.
    avatar
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 480
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2012-02-12

    Re: So, About This PC DLC

    Post by Artorias on Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:17 pm

    Hopefully, sign the petition guys!!
    Why did from soft have to multi platform in the first place?


    _________________
    Come on guys lets celebrate the last month of demon souls by playing it 24/7
    avatar
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 569
    Reputation : 23
    Join date : 2012-04-22
    Location : Colorado

    Re: So, About This PC DLC

    Post by Extertionist on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:00 pm

    Artorias wrote:Hopefully, sign the petition guys!!
    Why did from soft have to multi platform in the first place?
    Because 360 players were sick of their games being to easy and wanted a domain where immature little kids couldn't possibly rule.
    avatar
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 727
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-04-10
    Location : Dukes Archives

    Re: So, About This PC DLC

    Post by KomradDakka on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:04 pm

    Extertionist wrote:
    Artorias wrote:Hopefully, sign the petition guys!!
    Why did from soft have to multi platform in the first place?
    Because 360 players were sick of their games being to easy and wanted a domain where immature little kids couldn't possibly rule.

    Lets not get caught up in console wars, lets just play vidya, K?


    _________________
    Welcome To Chernaus - http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t4981p15-day-z-komraddakkas-journal#91882

    Komradds Kafe - Music and discussion 24/7 - http://www.synchtube.com/r/komradd#
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: So, About This PC DLC

    Post by Serious_Much on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:11 pm

    Was that even a console war comment? silly

    I don't think it's a screw if I don't get sold extra content, when I played the game 350 hours and I spent on it a mere £30. Probably some of the best value for money I've ever gotten off a game.

    However I would be a little disappointed. It was the popularity the console fans gave it that allowed the PC to have the game too, it would be a shame if we didn't get the chance to use the extra content on our console versions. But if that is the case, I hold no grudge to FROM or namco, as all they did was keep the promise that the original product was the whole product.


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!

    500D

    Posts : 2
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-04-26

    Re: So, About This PC DLC

    Post by 500D on Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:18 am

    I am highly in faith about the DLC for PS3. When i bought the PS3 dark souls limited edition, i realised there were some enemies illustrated in the art book, but not in the game. Could it be a hint that there would be DLC PS3? big grin

    500D

    Posts : 2
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-04-26

    Re: So, About This PC DLC

    Post by 500D on Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:21 am

    sinisterapathy wrote:It bothers people because pc shouldnt get more than we got for the same price AND if they are leaving us out they are doing so to get fans to buy the pc version even though we already bought the game once which is called ripping us off.

    The extra content should come to consoles as well.

    Also dont say that the extra content is to get more pc players to buy it. If they want the game they already planned on buying it as is which is why they made the petition.

    The ONLY reason they would leave it exclusive to pc is to get us to buy the game twice which is wrong.

    What you say is true enough but by leaving out consoles they are leaving their core fanbase in the dark after our money and praise made them what they are.

    YES, They are so twisted, if they don't come out DLC for PS3
    avatar
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5912
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2012-02-27
    Age : 28
    Location : ENGLAND!!!

    Re: So, About This PC DLC

    Post by billy_bayonet on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:40 am

    why do people constantly make the exact same post in this pc section, its all speculation and conjecture atm, and just wait to see, worse case scenario we get no DLC does it really matter, is anyone trully bored with this game?


    _________________
    "War is based on deception"- Sun Tzu

    "No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you


    lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

    Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing
    avatar
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 718
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Zanzibar Land

    Re: So, About This PC DLC

    Post by JohnnyHarpoon on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:01 pm

    I just feel like Dark Souls fans are unique in that they come up with so much while being given so little...at least lore-wise. But then again, maybe releasing it PC-only is the plan simply for that reason...to give us as little as possible.

    I can't see it not being ported in the end, though, even if that's the case. That'd be straight silly.


    _________________
    I tiptoed through Hell and didn't break a sweat. I swam the Seven Seas and didn't get wet. I'm the pretty Big Chief you ever met.
    avatar
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 718
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Zanzibar Land

    Re: So, About This PC DLC

    Post by JohnnyHarpoon on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:02 pm

    billy_bayonet wrote:why do people constantly make the exact same post in this pc section, its all speculation and conjecture atm, and just wait to see, worse case scenario we get no DLC does it really matter, is anyone trully bored with this game?

    I'm kinda bored with this game. Truly bored, I suppose not, as new content would be most excellent.

    Haven't played since SSX came out, more or less, though I got bored of that, too. Mostly just Game of Thrones that gets me through the night, these days.


    _________________
    I tiptoed through Hell and didn't break a sweat. I swam the Seven Seas and didn't get wet. I'm the pretty Big Chief you ever met.

    Sponsored content

    Re: So, About This PC DLC

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:48 pm