attacking a parry

Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Re: attacking a parry

Post by Yesuurd on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:52 pm

I agree on that everything has a counter or is a counter, that is why I was so bent on analizing the noob comment Pargar, it is true that I commented on it based on that I use it and do not consider it noob but also we have to be responsible for our comments and measure the words we use, I for one always try not to insult and I believe I never did in this case.So when we generalize or do not choose words correctly, then we are left open to analisis or attack from others, we are just discussing things here.Many gave you answers, my answer is valid since your question is structured in a way which validates it, also when we ask something we cannot expect the answer we that we want to be the only one.

Aside from all, practice makes perfect...dead angling is not easy and parrying either, no matter if people are dead angling or not, parry is easy when you are getting spammed at in front of and have the poise to spam parry back and hope for the best, even chain BS require some skill, I stand behind my disdain for the use of the word noob in every scenario which one does not understand or come out on top.

FC for life!!!
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:03 pm

Pagar, your first question was answered by the few first posts. This thread didn't deteriorate until you started using the word noob.

This forum is filled with DkS players of all skills. Some are experts. Others are just starting out. They may have little confidence, and words like noob can not only be offensive, but also make their confidence worse. What makes this community great is the welcoming environment we have. When someone threatens that environment, then our members get defensive, hence the replies you got.

Your first question was answered. Allow me to answer your second question. Dead angling was present in DeS (Mirdan Hammer 2H R2), so it was not made just this game. It was may have been enhanced for DkS, giving this technique to more weapons.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:11 pm

cool thanks tolvo you da man. and i like your men in tights pic lol. i just gotta take it for what it is and use wog a bit more or arrows more aggressively with large weapon guys, i did pick up the trick of switching weapons to get out of stunlock.

Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:14 pm

Yeah, if they're using a stunlock heavy weapon WotG is a pretty good answer, actually as odd as it is force is as well. They'll have to be comitted to their swings, so you should be able to roll and cast, catch them, then BS them if using force. If using wotg you can essentially wotg poke, but don't spam. Your second hit will probably get dodged. Instead save it as sort of a wake up, so that if they are just spamming R1 trying to get dead angles, they'll commit and you can just blast them.
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:19 pm

tis whats happens when responding in haste. i dslike noob as well.i used that as a generic term. my bad. i stand by a partial block would be fair though. timing is everything in this game; at least recognized i predicted his attack. but i also think it be cool if you got partial blocks from attacks if attacking at the same time.

Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:21 pm

You actually get counters, if you hit a person who is attacking, they take more damage. Which is one reason why poise stun lockers are a real pain. If you try to hit them, they'll hit you through your attack, stun lock you, and get counter attacks on every hit. The damage is ridiculous.
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:21 pm

In the spirit of goodness, Pargar if you want to practice defending against dead angles I will gladly join you with my washing pole to spar.

FC for life!!!
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:22 pm

i can't afford a slot for a spear which kinda sucks but i'm just so addicted to daggers i don't think i'd switch even if i could lol. do you change weapon configurations much? per fight.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:23 pm

have you every tried the leo ring? in pvp for the counter stuff

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:24 pm

im always down to spar. but i bs lol and it may be a while ijust lost all my characters ; ( ....

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:25 pm

i've fought you in the woods before yessurd if i remember correctly

Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:25 pm

I have weapons moved to the slots next to each other, so in fight I back pedal to avoid a BS, and go in menu and switch out weapons. I do this with my offhand weapon, so one moment I have a spear hidden, then suddenly I press right on the control pad and bring out a Great Sword to stun lock them. It's a very useful skill in the forest, as you can easily catch them off guard and nuked the hell out of campers.

Yes I sometimes use the Leo with my estoc, that with a RTS ring, deals some pretty nuts damage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:39 pm