Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Maneater_Mildred
mofomey
RANT
Yesuurd
reim0027
GrEeNgObLiN
Serious_Much
WyrmHero
12 posters

Hosting in FC

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Hosting in FC Empty Hosting in FC

Post by WyrmHero Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:51 pm

An observation about hosting on FC. As a host you will stay 'hooked' by players you already summoned. As such, try to not summon them again to fight against the same player.

Some nights I only get to see 1 host. So as a host, try to wait a bit so that you can see different players, and the other host gets to summon the one that lost a fight on your world.

It may slow summonings but it is a great way for players to fight against everyone. In conclusion, only summon the same guy if he or the winner wants a rematch.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Hosting in FC Empty Re: Hosting in FC

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:11 am

Or if you see no other summon signs silly

Sometimes honestly it's not the host's fault, when I've hosted it has happened where I literally got the same 5 people over and over when there must have been a good 20 down there. I blame it on the server groupings, but you can't do anything about that one.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:46 am

Well that's because the other host is doing the same, and you'll never get the guy the host is summoning constantly. For example there was one night that I wanted to fight Reaper, but I couldn't because my host was always summoning me + Reapers host was always summoning him.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:16 am

True Wym. Maybe next time mention it in the chat to all the host that their not always sum the same players.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:48 pm

IIRC, you can change your lobby by dropping your soapstone a few times. Maybe hosts should do that every now and then? Or maybe get killed, restart and reload if they are getting the same people?
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:19 pm

I always try to find different opponents and only get the same at times, then suddenly 4 appear but someone else takes em, so I agree and will try out the options you guys give here.

Sometimes I feel like the worst host ever, when I get fail messages and the same people
    it discourages me.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:36 pm

I try to get different players everytime a fight ends. Yesterday I summoned Green vs Mildred for example, but I had to wait to get Green, even though I was seeing LOLRagez everytime, and the other host couldn't see him, so the consequence of this is that players would have to wait a bit so that they connect to the other host as well.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:08 pm

well i always have a hard time connecting to tolvo and green but i always try to summon different people but sometimes when im actually trying to it takes about five or ten mins to get the other person which can be really annoying.
    mofomey
    mofomey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by mofomey Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:30 pm

Most times while i host i also notice this. Getting locked into the same summons for the night .. Here is my vision , tho it will take some organizing each night from everyone.
    If there are two hosts, have two summoning positions. IE: one above chest, one above ladder(if there are three hosts...have three and so on) as a host you only summon from your location!!! As a player each time you place your summon sign you alternate locations. Players will have to wait a little longer for new host to see them but worth it. Also as reim mentioned, as a host a couple of resets throughout the night should help too.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:37 pm

mofomey wrote:Most times while i host i also notice this. Getting locked into the same summons for the night .. Here is my vision , tho it will take some organizing each night from everyone.
    If there are two hosts, have two summoning positions. IE: one above chest, one above ladder(if there are three hosts...have three and so on) as a host you only summon from your location!!! As a player each time you place your summon sign you alternate locations. Players will have to wait a little longer for new host to see them but worth it. Also as reim mentioned, as a host a couple of resets throughout the night should help too.

we actually did that during the tourney and it worked out ok, i kep seeign the other hosts' summons a lot and it took a while for me to summon my guys.
    i think its just the way the connections are set up that you never knwo if it's gonna work out.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:14 pm

My 2 cents.

Dried finger hosts, dried finger.... Use it to reset the 'virtual servers' spam it 3-4 times fast then look for signs, repeat.

And for the phantoms, spam that soap 3-4 times fast to reset the 'virtual servers' wait for abit to be summoned, repeat.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:34 pm

Mil - can you explain exactly what the dried finger does? I'm not clear on it. I thought it only reset the time between invasions.

For example, you get invaded by person X, then there is a preset amount of time before you can become invaded again. I thought dried finger reset that time, allowing you to be invaded quicker.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:44 am

A few things to add to this discussion.

1) Hosts can (and should IMO) use the spell 'seek guidance' to see more summon signs.

2) Non-hosts can help this by spamming their white soapstone after dying to switch clusters.
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:39 pm

I've hosted a couple of time, one of the main issues I sometimes see is, there may be too many host with too few fighters. There is nothing worst for a host to have a phantom waiting to fight someone for long periods of time, while the others may be grabbing two and three at a time to avoid this. So the decision has to be made, do you want to wait that long or fight who is available at the time. remember it's not only the fighters there, but the host who wants to keep everyone busy enjoying themselves. Also this was talked about before, but have you guys ever thought of a skpe voice chat.. this will help with the communication and the menu lag.

Last edited by ted1023 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:46 pm

ace - I thought seek guidance merely allowed you to see more orange soapstone messages. Are you saying it will also allow you to see more summon signs too?
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:46 pm

We discussed the skype thing but not everyone wants to voice chat and many do not have a pc near the ps3, btw for all of those who hate psn chat I had forgotten all about trying to hook up a keyboard to the PS3 and my cousin made me realize that recently so now I am useing my wireless mac keyboard to chat, this makes chatting much more bearable for me.

How many of you already use keyboards to chat btw?
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:48 pm

From Wiki:

The Seek Guidance miracle allows the player to see more messages on the ground as well as their positive and negative ratings. Additional developer messages, providing hints, can also be seen in some areas.

If this isn't so, we need to change it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:50 pm

im gonna get this soon since it takes forever to write something;
    http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Wireless-Keypad-Playstation-3/dp/B001ENPDJA/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1335199797&sr=1-1
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:00 pm

RantFromRant wrote:im gonna get this soon since it takes forever to write something;
    [url=http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Wireless-Keypad-Playstation-3/dp/B001ENPDJA/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1335199797&sr=1-1
    http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Wireless-Keypad-Playstation-3/dp/B001ENPDJA/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1335199797&sr=1-1[/quote[/url]]

I already have this and it's alot smaller than you may think.lol

I have to seriously hunt and peck cause my fat fingers hit three and four buttons at a time. I have to look into the wireless keyboard thing.. wonder if the usb keyboard may work.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:02 pm

I thought of the ps3 keyboard but since I have already this one which I barely use, btw works perfectly.

Although the lag is always there, *** lag....
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:17 pm

i was also looking at this one
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboard/devices/cordless-mediaboard-pro-for-ps3
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:41 pm

RantFromRant wrote:i was also looking at this one
    [url=http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboard/devices/cordless-mediaboard-pro-for-ps3
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboard/devices/cordless-mediaboard-pro-for-ps3[/quote[/url]]

This looks Promising.
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:55 pm

if you have a blackberry phone i've read of a way to link to the ps3 so you can type with the phone. might be able to do that with other keyboard phones too.

i gave it a half assed try one night and failed. I'll try again and see how it works. Phone is always nearby anyways.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:02 pm

The logitech looks good!
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:39 pm

I just bought the mini keyboard of brand Trust. Wireless easy install(plug&play)
    Its 30 cm wide. Bought it especially for DkS chat

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:38 pm