Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Yog- Duelling n' trading

Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Yog- Duelling n' trading Empty Yog- Duelling n' trading

Post by Quarik Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Ahoy matey! May we sail the scurvy seas of dueling and trading! I've still got TotG, Izalith, Dukes, and the Burg open for hosting. For the souls... Could I "borrow" them? I haven't crafted a single boss weapon apart from the lifehunt, but I could craft the things, push through to NG++ to get the other half of the boss weapons, and then give all of the completed weapons back to you. I can't see myself wanting to use any boss weapon apart from maybe Q. Sword (because it looks awesome), the GLGS, and the Dragonbone Fist, but I can make two copies of the GLGS if you don't have one or want another. It'd probably take a week or so to upgrade all of the weapons to +10 and ascend them, and to find a third sif soul so I can hold everything at the same time and get the cheev.

Or I could just push to NG+++.
    kalipbean
    Casual
    Casual

Yog- Duelling n' trading Empty Re: Yog- Duelling n' trading

Post by kalipbean Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:56 pm

So. What is the point of the post? Im Confused?

Do you need items, or are you saying you will have a bunch of goodies soon? If you need some boss souls, let me know. I got a few extra, sif included.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:04 pm

Nah, Yog and I were planning some duels and stuff. If I could borrow a Sif soul that'd be cool though. 190ish on XBL.
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:43 pm

Quarik you are welcome to just have them. I'm in ng+++, about to push into ng++++ with my 162, I've got every item in the game and no use for the extra boss souls. They're just sitting in my inventory taking up space right now. They don't really give me enough souls to worry about losing them.

Good call starting a thread here btw. Any time you want to duel let me know. I've never really had one before. I did a ton of pve then started invading the forest where anything goes. I can kick some ganker butt although I usually lose one v ones. I would relish the opportunity for some fun and practice.

Love the pirate reference. I was listening to sea shanties on the way home from work and your post fit right in.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:02 am

I finished TotG and Izalith, but I can still host in Dukes and the Burg. Many thanks on the souls, anything you might want?

For the pvp, any particular rules? I won't ever chainstab, can't even if I wanted to. For bses... topic of much contention, but I'd prefer we allow them, just no fishing. Up to you I guess, I can always poke and dodge. Oh, of course no healing unless the fight is interrupted. Only other thing I can think of is please don't use TWoP. Spamming any other spell is fine with me (I'll be lobbing pyromancies whenever I see an opening). Everything else is up to you, stunlocking, attacks on wakeup, etc.
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:17 am

No healing for sure. The only miracles I use are SLB and DMB so no fear on the TWoP front. I'm a melee based char I only put points in faith for weapon buffs. So you don't have to fear WotG either I don't keep it attuned. I make my chars for fun rather than min/maxing them. I usually fight gankers so I'm actually fine with anything really.

I personally will only bs if there is a blatant opening, not because I think it's unfair I just think it's boring... and I never go for a chain bs. That being said you may feel free to do so if you like. I've been practicing escaping those with some limited success.

Don't worry about the souls if I get one good duel and it helps you out it was worth it.

I just checked and I can actually host in the painted world. Unfortunately that means I don't have pricilla's soul but if you already have the lifehunt I don't think you need that one anyways.

Let me know what day and time you want to do this. I'm free most afternoons and nights usually between 2pm and 2am. The only upcoming days I'm not free are next wed the 25th and the weekend of the 28th. Every other day is wide open. Things are a bit slow for me for a bit after tax season ends... Huzzah more DkS for me!
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:30 am

I may be really laggy, my internet has been spazzing. Btw, would you mind having a few base weapon sparring matches to help me figure out parry timing?

I could attune some buff miracles, but it makes me rush and leaves openings, so I prefer to go with lower damage elemental weapons. Otherwise I'm just using pyromancies.

What time zone are you? I'm US Mountain Time GMT -7. If you've got some time tonight I can test the waters of lag with some forest invading and engage in some jolly duelation! That is now a word.
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:42 am

I'm US Eastern Standard time so It's 2:30 am here. I can hop on now if that suits you but I can only play for an hour or so before I fall asleep in my chair.

Also, yeah we can do some base weapon sparring for parry practice. I could use some of that myself. Do you have a specific weapon you want to practice against. All my uchis are maxed out, but I have a base version of most other weapons. They are all in my BB though so I'll have to grab one.

Jolly duelation is an excellent turn of phrase. I dig it.

Anyways yeah tonight is fine just let me know where to drop a RSS and I'll meet you. Gonna have a cig then I'll jump on xbl. 5 min tops.
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:51 am

Alright I'm going on live now. I'll play around in the forest for a while in case you show up. Msg me on xbl if/when you want to duel with your chosen location and I'll head there and drop a RSS then msg you where in the level I dropped it. Also let me know if you want to duel first or practice parrying. I don't have easy access to a computer when I'm on my xbox so keep that in mind.
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:07 am

Man that was fun as all get out. Nice job Quarik. That last match was humbling to say the least. Man I almost feel sorry for the gankers in the forest... forget I said that... I hope they all rot, stupid gankers *mumble* *mumble*

Any time you want to do that again you can count me in!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:07 am