something must be done?

billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Re: something must be done?

Post by billy_bayonet on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:25 pm

why not just dig in next to a wall if your getting lagstabbed they cant lag stag you if your UP AGAINST THE WALLL!!!!

"No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you

lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:34 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:why not just dig in next to a wall if your getting lagstabbed they cant lag stag you if your UP AGAINST THE WALLL!!!!

I'm not sure if you know this, but lag stabs occur without the phantom being behind you. Hence why it's lag?...

It finds solace in the fact that it is at least trying.
    It then feels it can no longer take their pains without the power to end them.
    and so, it takes on a demon soul, and becomes not a fair and pure maiden, but a lost executioner who finds peace in helping the pained pass on from this life.
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:52 pm

fair enuf my experience of lag stab is where your facing the person and then suddently you get backstabbed so sorry bout the wrong presumption sad

Despair shall become you

lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:31 pm

the way the lag works is that your screen doesn't register their movement till their already bs'ing you, if they cant positon for a bs then it doesn't work, make sure your backs bee to the wall for a full second however so your certain you register as there and not where you were previously due to lag.

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:34 pm

so i was right?

Despair shall become you

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:37 pm

Yes Billy, backing to a wall will prevent a lagstab, but there is actually a way to BS a person facing you with their back to the wall, a little trick.

Lagstabs are avoidable as long as you practice against them, if you have a friend and you practice with broken straight swords or something else that does 20 damage and you BS fish each other, you can easily see how they are done, then you can work towards the timing on how to avoid and counter them. It just takes some practice.

Befowler, I've only once ever Black Crystalled out of a fight, it was after leading a group of three around the forest for over and hour, harassing them the whole time, to the point that they ran out of Estus and had to use humanity. Eventually I led them to the Stone knight area, buffed them, and BC'ed out just as they aggroed all of them. Boy was that hilarious haha.
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:44 pm

cheers tolvo sage wisdon as always winking

Despair shall become you

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:46 pm

I just play this game way too much haha.
    befowler

Post by befowler on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:00 pm

Tolvo wrote:Befowler, I've only once ever Black Crystalled out of a fight, it was after leading a group of three around the forest for over and hour, harassing them the whole time, to the point that they ran out of Estus and had to use humanity. Eventually I led them to the Stone knight area, buffed them, and BC'ed out just as they aggroed all of them. Boy was that hilarious haha.

Lol, that is sick. I salute you.

I was using the generic "invader" in my post, but they were all DWs in Anor Londo. Anything goes in the Forest, but I have a lot of respect for Darkwraiths and they're usually (~80%) willing to be honorable in other areas of the game. So to run into a group that would not only use cheap tactics but would then BC out when those tactics failed was pretty depressing. It wasn't funny trolling or even brute force griefing, plus it wasn't efficient because they could have died and just moved on to the next invasion a long time before they BC'd out with nothing to show for it. Just ugly all around.

Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:02 pm

There are always ugly members of groups. I was having a lot of problems earlier with invaders who would just TwoP and WotG in the Demon's ruins, literally ten in a row did this, and I'm a fat rolling toon on NG++, so if they attacked me as I fought a Taurus demon, I was ***. But, that lasted for like an hour. Then everyone else was just a typical invader, waited for me to kill each thing, come out, then duel them. I don't know what the hell was up with that hour of ****.
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:11 pm

i dont mind when people gank and proper put up a fight, due to a topic i had on here earlier i got some great tips and im starting to really rip into people 1v3 ganking just this DC business is bullpooo IMO i dont mean for peopel who get invaded who just wanna get to a boss or havnt lit that bonfire i mean the gankers who get there phantom bodyguards killed and then rage quit thats my beef..or pork....eitha way

Despair shall become you

Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:21 pm

Yes Billy, backing to a wall will prevent a lagstab, but there is actually a way to BS a person facing you with their back to the wall, a little trick.

I just want to say, in my defense, it's pretty silly to expect a player to be in an ideal situation every time to say that BS/LSing is completely and utterly useless. I am also going to take the time to highlight a very important part of your post as I feel as if it will be overlooked.

As a Dark Moon though I am not horribly offended(annoyed based on my typical wait time to invade a sinner, but not offended) by the fact someone doesn't want to fight me and DC's. It is their choice and if they sinned and didn't realise it I am actually ruining their experience so kudos to them for being responsible for their own gaming experience.

and so, it takes on a demon soul, and becomes not a fair and pure maiden, but a lost executioner who finds peace in helping the pained pass on from this life.
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:31 pm

im not on about 1v1 im not bovered about that if you had read any of this post youd know im on abotu gankers and farmers who rage quit when you kill there phantom guards!

Despair shall become you

Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:34 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:im not on about 1v1 im not bovered about that if you had read any of this post youd know im on abotu gankers and farmers who rage quit when you kill there phantom guards!

I believe I did read your posts and I responded accordingly. My response is below.

As a Dark Moon though I am not horribly offended(annoyed based on my typical wait time to invade a sinner, but not offended) by the fact someone doesn't want to fight me and DC's. It is their choice.

billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:55 pm

i think youve missed the point

Despair shall become you

Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:59 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:i think youve missed the point

Would you care to elaborate?

billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet on Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:08 pm

your gripe seems to be that im saying anyone who dc's should be punished thats not the case i have said that Gankers and farmers with 2 phantom guards who Dc after getting there guards killed should be punished and pretty much everyone else agrees with me

Despair shall become you

Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : In front of my mirror thanking god for my sexy looks

Post by Deadpool on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:11 pm

lol all of this is why i dont invade or play online most of the time

Post by Zechk on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:51 am

I think you would need to be bit careful about this. I've gotten blasted back to my own world by the gods of the internets many times despite my internet connection being a really good one. I have no idea whatsoever why. It's happened a few times whilst I've been doing co-op too. Not every D/C is the result of an unplug or game quit.

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:50 am

no and im saying yano that kinda thing happens but its just the 1v3's that really annoys me ya no?!

Despair shall become you

hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:00 am

Billy, the sunbro is just angry because you told him what to do during a lagstab even though you actually wanted to tall about gankers and farmers. So Im just guessing he got upset.

And for my own input about this!

As sl60 Ive had roughly over 110 players lives taken in PW for the last two days. And I can say that there is alot of people who are scared of invaders. Alot of guys hide, and some of these hide so well I have to black crystal out ( in which im totally against the penelty for using this. Only times I use it when i cant find the host or when i come to the same world 4th time in a row to be 3v1 ganked again). One guy that I searched for over 10 min waved at me when i found him and disconnected. Its ok for internet to fail, but you know when someone is too much of a ***** to fight you and disconects.

Sure I can understand its rough to get invaded when building a new character and have poor armor, but thats the game. You cant expext to darkmoon around thinking that you put "sinners" to there right place when the actual sinner always are the griefing gankers who jolly co op. When i play upp a new too, i run mostley undead except for to quick clear an area. To disconnect will always be a cowards way out of a fight, and for what? 1 little humanity. It just sad. If you have honor you can die with pride when you didnt stand a chance.

Yesterday over 4 darkmooners killed me while was bowing towards them! Seriously, my experience is that DM playes more dirty, and ill just asume that its because they think they are punishing people.

Also, when invading in lower level ppl seem to play cheaper. When i was pvping 80-100 most people I met waited for me in the arena prepared for a duel. And sure, not everyone that i invade wants a duel. BUT! Its their call. If they dont wanna duel they attack first or waits a brigde with WoTG or pyromancy. Also comonly is that too many estus in combat, which just makes it more funny to win but still.

Sorry for weird grammer and sentences, ima posten from my iphone.

If you're THAT good, you shouldn't be whining
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:59 pm

lols im a darkmoon blade.....and i bow in every fight even if they dont and if they back stab me during the bow, then fair enuf but if it doesnt kill me ima come at them like a....like a ..oh what cames at someone all angry like :O.......and BC out isnt a problem its the dc's after you battered the 2 phantom guards ive said that bout 10 times on this topic now but its ANNOYING!!

Despair shall become you

Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:44 pm

I don't believe that dms are any dirtier than any other group, there are just fewer so it seems that way.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:29 pm

its the players not the covenants you cant condemn and entre caste of people based on a few arsholes big grin

Despair shall become you

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:00 pm

Hage, please don't try to make personal attacks on people.

As for the level reason, it's because 100-120 is a common PvP level, so you'll find more duellists and the likes there who wish to have duels and fight rather than just kill eachother.

Also DM are just like any of use...Except they have a weird fetish for ears.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:32 pm