Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
befowler
Blade of The Sun
sinisterapathy
DarkW17
Tolvo
DamageCK
Forum Pirate
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
cloudyeki
ViralEnsign_
Rynn
billy_bayonet
16 posters

something must be done?

billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

something must be done? Empty something must be done?

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:08 pm

does anyone else think that if the person you have invaded turns off there console to avoid being killed it should count as a defeat and the player should be awarded eitha humanity or the glorious Ear?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

something must be done? Empty Re: something must be done?

Post by Rynn Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:09 pm

I'd accept the satisfactions of them just instantly dying.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:15 pm

I look at it as you having done your job very well.

If you're a DM then you punished them so much they dont' want to keep playing. Curse their sinning faces.

And if you're a DW then you have shown that you are a great PvPer and they just can't face it.

Though I don't like to invade one person too many times. It feels like I'm picking on them. Thats why I Gravelord. They come to me so I'm not the one doing the picking....on.....me.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Gankers should get cursed everytime they dc. Honestly I don't see the need to dc unless you're in the middle of something extremely important like trying to get to a boss or trying to invade yourself (seems a bit stupid)

Ive only dc'd twice. Once in the depths when I didn't want to fight the butchers and a SoV at the same time, and once when I was trying to forest invade and the guy who invaded ran off and hid. I even told the guy to just fight me and all I got back was a butthurt response.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:16 pm

it can't be good for their game... but i doubt it'll corrupt their file.... at least a dc should net you something or punish the dc'er some how...
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:26 pm

I've dcd once. I was invaded in the forest and the guy ran off and jumped off that cliff so i couldn't go anywhere or get to him without also jumping off and likely being bsd the second I landed. I was alone and looking for duels, but i wasn't putting up with that crap.

Dcing because they lost, or thought they were going to does bother me but I try to kill them faster than they can dc. funny when it works.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:36 pm

my gripe is after an earlier post from myself i got some brilliant tips on dealing with 3v1 Gankers and it was working but 7/10 the host will just Dc after youve killed his beloved bodyguards just seems like FROM could easier class it as a successfull invasion if they rage quit?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:39 pm

>Gankers
    Happens all the time.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:40 pm

Ah, I never try to kill both phantoms, If possible, i try to kill 1, then gank the host. The less warning they get (so the more powerful your move is) the more often it works.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:06 pm

i have Very high poise +15 washing pole which i pair with DMB and a +5 occult claymore for dead angling(well happy i learned this watched a vid on youtube and it helped out no end EWGF or something like that guys a legend) kill the first phantom with the washing pole in bout 3 2 handed swipes then, so your saying i should then go straight for the host!?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:20 am

If possible yeah. If you kill the phantom he'll likely dc before you can kill him. He probably won't expect you to go straight for him so he's not as prepared to dc at a moments notice.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:39 am

If someone DC's, I look at it like tapping out. You should still get the reward.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:40 am

I typically kill the phantoms of gankers first so I can get the maximum amount of souls, so I see them DC a bit more than often. I find only one form of DC acceptable, quitting before they connect to your world. I've just made it to a bonfire after fighting through an area on NG++ and see that the fog gate goes up and I can't rest at the bonfire and set it as my spawn point? Start, quit. Reload. No damage done to my file, and they just get "Invasion failed." I can rest at the bonfire, and now if they want to invade me I'll give them a shot. Unless I'm in Izalith, so far every Izalith invader I've fought is TwoP, WotG spam up close.

Now, signing out while in the middle of a fight? That I'm strongly against. So yeah, if people do that I think you should still get your reward as if you killed them.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:43 am

i remember back when i used to play HALO3 if yo quit mid game youd get a ranking penalty......soo they should defo do it teach the norty little boys a lesson.....there is no solace for cowards! in a game where you are "immortal" dying is not a problem
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:51 am

Ya it seems to happen to me all to often...usually once his 'buddies' are gone they seem to think they are actually 'good' and still give it a go 1v1 and just as I am about to land that last blow of my stunlock....disconnect.

Even some 1v1 duelers dont have honour...I all but beat them they heal so I do it again and again...of course I can never hit these guys with a lloyds... then when they no way left to heal and I havnt decided to chain BS them already its DC time lol.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:17 pm

why do they do it though i mean its not like ull be dead foreva and if your a decent player you can easily get to your bloodstain....soo why do it are they just cowards who cant stand being defeated?
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:44 pm

Ya exactly they are cowards that cant handle losing and will run and heal and spam 15 WOG...ya I have evaded 15 in 1 fight...and do whatever they can to not let them beat you and at last resort they will DC...also they know you wont get there souls and humanity for the kill...which I dont even care about they are both easy to get more of...but what pisses me off is I come back to my world half stocked and I have to run up the fire to reset!!!
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:54 pm

i summoned a dragon remnant to fight at the Kiln soon as they arrived he legged it first knight killed the knight then the second then the third all the way to gwyn....killing them all in me way, then he jumped off a cliff.....i mean cmon thats just stupid :O
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:56 pm

I think you should get humanity(or ear) if they d/c once you've entered their world. Because of having to stare at loading screens for no reason alone.

A "punishment" for it is just ridiculous though...What if my internet goes out momentarily?(as it sometimes does) or i lose power? The game wouldnt know the difference. Should i lose something because i have one source of broadband in my town and they suck? Absolutely not.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:08 pm

i agree with the punishment but still you should get an Ear or humanity if theres DC big grin
    Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:49 pm

no I don't. i rarely ever sin because I am always a dark moon or a co-op player but the last four times a wraith invaded me I dced. It always boils down to a lagstab and I just don't want to put up with the stress lagstabs cause so I dc. Not to mention the last four times I was invaded I was building my caster character for co-op and my skills set was...

http://tinyurl.com/75dvlkp

not exactly something you want to pvp with.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:10 pm

when you get killed by an invader you dont loose anything if your a good player you can get your bloodstain back easily, my argument is the gankers once you killed there precious guards they just rage quit and i dont think that should be allowed you should at least get humanity or an Ear
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:14 pm

I've started seeing more and more DWs black crystal out rather than face defeat, particularly if they're in a place that might be hard to get back to for the bloodstain. And they don't do it immediately, first they hide behind all the mobs, or around corners with firestorms prepped, and only after you've chased them all over the level and cornered them do they black crystal out. That thing should charge 10 humanity or a covenant rank or something if you use it after you've invaded.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:16 pm

glad to see im not the only one who gets infuriated by this big grin i thought i was just a cranky old git winking
    Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:20 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:when you get killed by an invader you dont loose anything if your a good player you can get your bloodstain back easily, my argument is the gankers once you killed there precious guards they just rage quit and i dont think that should be allowed you should at least get humanity or an Ear

Nope... You lose humanity and possibly the potential to have a good team mate. Getting ones bloodstain back easily is subjective too. I can't tell you how many times i've fallen off a ledge in Anor Londo after a dark wraith lagstabbed me, or been killed right after the archers to not be able to get my stain back. At least when I dc I lose only half of what I was going for. That being Jolly Co-op.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:18 pm