Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Yukon
WyrmHero
6 posters

Great Soul Arrow, viable in PvP?

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Great Soul Arrow, viable in PvP?  Empty Great Soul Arrow, viable in PvP?

Post by WyrmHero Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:03 pm

I was wondering if you guys use Great Soul Arrow in your glass cannons. It's faster than CSS and it's good for keeping the enemy away. I just defeated a guy with one that did 254 damage with 50 int and Logan's Catalyst. They remind me of the Soul Arrows from Demon's sad
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Great Soul Arrow, viable in PvP?  Empty Re: Great Soul Arrow, viable in PvP?

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:06 pm

I've seen some people use it pretty well, if you can aim without locking on its even better. I have never been one for spells or miracles though. I am a pyrotechnic warrior all the way.

I am actually suprised so few mages use the lower spells which cast faster, I mean the caster I did make stayed in the forest at low levels, with Homing souls mass and the basic soul ray's as a hunter, and she could really mess stuff up when I used her right. I just suck horribly at manual aiming.. so its never been my cup of tea.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:15 pm

you should mix the great heavy soul arrow in there too, it screws up your opponent timing because hes expecting something fast and instead rolls into the spell, ive seen people do stuff like that and ive gotten hit by them like that.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:20 pm

LOL great!!! But the cast time for Heavy Soul Arrow is almost the same as CSS, right? I can't test it right now.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:25 pm

WyrmHero wrote:LOL great!!! But the cast time for Heavy Soul Arrow is almost the same as CSS, right? I can't test it right now.

im pretty sure its not, its one of the slowest spells if not the slowest.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:30 pm

CSS is much faster the GHSA

I use heavy soul arrow or great soul arrow as fodder. If my enemy starts charging me I'll fire one off, if they roll to the side I'll keep firing until I'm out. Its a great way to chip off some health and aggravate your enemy. Plus if you can toss in a CSS while they're timing their dodges for the soul arrows they can wind up taking a LOT of damage. Now of course if they charge me I switch to a weapon and get ready to parry.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:46 pm

it would help immensely to have at least 40 dex to speed up the cast times.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:48 pm

Yes I cast it with 40 dex and it's pretty fast.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:06 pm

I use it all the time on my Oolacile. 15 int + dusk crown and bellowing dragoncrest means 370 average damage per hit. It's enough to bother people, and it gets a lot of casts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 am