Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
barrywilkins
DarkW17
Forum Pirate
WyrmHero
billy_bayonet
9 posters

3v1 techniques

billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

3v1 techniques Empty 3v1 techniques

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:51 am

would really appreciate any and all advice i can get on how to deal with 3v1 happy i can handle 2v1 its pretty easy to tell your being pincered but i really ccnt do 3v1 so any help would be AWESOME!!!!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

3v1 techniques Empty Re: 3v1 techniques

Post by WyrmHero Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:00 pm

I suck at 3 vs 1. When I invade PW it's really a whole mess when there are 3 players in the house with the toxic heads. I have no chance against them. Guess I'll have to do a different tactic, and rely on the hollows/monsters to help me.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:06 pm

Manipulation is the key, you can't fight 3 people alone and expecte to win. You have to think like they do, lead them into manuvering how you need them to, and use your fore knowledge against them.

I can't offer specific tactics because I don't have any. Create flexible plans on the fly and adapt as the situation changes.

Experience is vital, The only way to learn to deal with 1v3s is to practice. Explaining how i win 1v3s is too complex for words, but making it a game helped me learn.
    IE rather than running or being really aggressive, just stay alive as long as possible. Strike when you have the chance but don't put yourself at risk to do so. Eventually, you'll find yourself the victor simply because you outlasted them.

Last edited by Forum Pirate on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : used "key" twice and it sounded stupid)
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:18 pm

What Forum said. Also use a High AR weapon that can OHKO or 2HKO them. Power Within or Buffs.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:19 pm

LOL put on the mask of the father and wear black leather armour for 0 poise its the best...use the hornets ring...equip talisman that hopefully you can buff with....pull out the great club and velkas rapier or bandits knife...crest grass shield to keep stamina up. You can sill fast roll if your END is decent.

This is a glass cannon OHKO setup you cannot take hits or you will stagger. Invade were you can get setup ie if its the kiln by the knights and forest behind Alvina's house. The mentality of gankers is to rush and do nothing but rush you this gives you the advantage as its very easy to lock/pivot BS people when they rush you.

Buff your club when they get close and let them rush you(THEY WILL)then get a lock on the closest guy and keep backing away while they rush ya....simply pivot/lock BS the closest guy that rushes ya and get outta there and start evading again. The other 2 will keep rushing ya just keep evading and baiting them and do it again.

The buffed GC with BS OHKO's mine does 2500 dmg I have done this LOTS and killed one of the phantoms first and because the host doesn't realize its a OHKO he will stop and start flasking to save the phantom....whoops hes already dead rush the host while hes flasking and game over.

This is of course the nice way of killing 3 people if ya wanna be mean do the same thing and use TWOP if your not a great BSer....its like shooting fish in a barrel.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:21 pm

personally, ive only won a few 3v1 fights. but it is certainly possible. most 3v1 gankers depend on simply overwhelming you before you can get your bearings. one thing i've noticed is that most of these people have no real idea how to defend against backstabs/evasive maneuvers and often get to see the business end of your katana going through their chest. in a 3v1, backstabs are your best friend, just add hornets ring.

going toe-to-toe with any one of the 3 is pretty much a death warrant unless you know you can kill the host within that time frame. most of the time, they'll try and flank you by goading you into dueling one while another sneaks behind your back. if you see this, get away and wait for them to bunch up again. tactics i've seen work quite a bit is the ol poison mist smoke bomb technique. despite the fact that realistically they wouldn't be effected by this, they still avoid it like the plague baby swamp.

another important factor to consider is your weapon choice. with something like an uchigatana, you won't have much in the way of stunlocking, so a backstab is really the only way to deal decent damage. however, a great demon machete if properly used can stunlock all 3 of them at once, scoring you a 3 in 1 kill.

i'd like to recommend watching videos on youtube of 3v1 kills. they teach you quite a bit about how exactly the pros do it. and as always, i have to preach that practice makes perfect. no matter how many times you get blown up in the forest by the same 3 full giants mask of the derp man team, always take something from it.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:27 pm

If ya just wanna prove a point and take as many down as you can in a blaze of glory...use Power Within and huge poise and the Mura buffed 2handed it will literally stunlock 2 or all 3 of them at once 2 or 3 hits later its game over for the gankers.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:35 pm

i invaded in the painted world earlier and i was greated by a 3v1 so i was like ok stayed near the rope bridge so i couldnt get flanked and they realised they couldnt say they just stood there, i wasnt entriely sure what to do so i equipped ring of suns first born roled up and cast WOG twice killing the 2 phantoms i then flipped back to the bridge then the host disconnected, only problem is this scenario is only usefull in the painted world :/
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:54 pm

Get 1K HP, at least 90 poise, and a weapon that has at least 390 base damage.
    Use power within, charge the host, roll past the phantoms so they are behind you. Keep rolling until you're behind the host, so the phantoms are now behind him, and all opponents are in front of you.
    Then spam R1.

There is far better tactics, but that's the only one that is easily explained.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:22 pm

i know 1v1 Wotg and TWoP is frowned apon but in 1v3 are they ok!? i mean ill use WoG if they heal but neva used TWoP
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:31 pm

Screw "frowned upon" everything is "frowned upon". I've been told off for landing a blind parry and buffing and using wog and dodging wog and bsing and counter bsing and using a scythe ect ect, Use whatever you want, don't let anyone limit you. Esp in 1v3's.

If its not an organised event, or the rules were agreed on before hand, there are no rules. Its a fight, kill or die. And have fun doing it.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:36 pm

aye im currently a Darkmoon blade one on one dueling is awesome but its just the its a pain in the botty i use great lord greatsword alot its pretty usefulll
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:51 pm

Ya man the main thing is dont let these griefers frustrate you...we play the game to have fun. When they said....prepare to die...I was prepared and let me tell you I died alot from 3v1... but then I started getting smarter not working hard.

I know all the high lvl griefers gamer tags on PSN and let me tell you they know mine...get in there heads...when you kill 1 phantom and see his wht sign down summon him so another invader gets 1v2 chance...then taunt him and BC him out and go try your luck again. You will always get your revenge as sometimes there isn't support and you will invade them and find them solo....just have lots of lloyds as you will chase him all over the place while he runs, panics, heals, and tries to summon.

When your 1v2 1v3 there is no 'cheap' you do whatever you want and can to kill them period. TWOP and spam WOG with the crown and ring of first born till they are all dead or use a variation of my OHKO 0 poise ganker destroyer or whatever you want to get these guys on the ground. Kill them all without mercy and dont ever feel bad about it. Usually these hosts will disconnect the second both phantoms are dead so get used to that also!!
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:03 pm

cheers guys big grin ive been i realy need to hone my skills in 3v1 environtment i can control but ya just cant set those sorta things up 2v1 mayb
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:49 pm

3v1, forget about honor and o whatever you have to do:

twop,wotg,buff hornet backstabs, parry hornet buff, use GMB if you can it will
    save your life.

Move alot and change targets all the way, don't go right to the host unless it is
    a sure kill, they are always going to fish BS while you attack one of the others.

As always use the environment, observe well so you don't fall into traps.

Persevere and never give up, you will either learn or get lucky.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:04 pm

My signature might be able to help you out, with a certain Glory thread. winking
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:17 pm

3v1 tactics for me vary from level to level but a few things stay the same.

My load out always includes the hornet ring. That and a weapon with good critical hits. I've found that using rapiers gives you better crits than the bandits knife, and they're more viable in pvp. But your loadout all depends on how you play.

First thing that must happen in a 3v1, hit the host with a lloyds talisman.

After that I generally I try and separate the group in a 3v1. Toxic mist, chaos fireballs, force, wog, soul spears, dung pies whatever you have spam it. If they rush you get ready to parry, but most of the time the group will split up trying to sidestep your attacks, this is when you can rush a member for a bs. Aim for the host if you can, but if you like a challenge as I do I often aim for one of the phantoms and take them out one by one.

Once one is taken out this tactic usually doesn't work on the two remaining. Often after the first one is taken out by bs the remaining two will rush you. If you can parry do it here. If they both attack at the same time with the same weapon (this happens A LOT I've found) you can actually parry both players at the same time, but only riposte one of their attacks. If you're not confident in your parries then getting a solid pivot/roll bs can save you at this point. If not, there's no shame in running.

When the above tactics don't work and I'm dealing with people going through the level I use my knowledge of the level to set an ambush. For example I've been invading in the PW recently. I'll often get jumped by two or three players, I'll use fall control and drop down the the main floor of the level and then drop down into the well where the wheel skeletons are and wait in ambush. The players will often try and chase me down there, taking the fall damage and then fighting off the wheel skeletons and me at the same time.

Farmers however won't usually put up a chase, they'll just sit in the same spot and possibly send you messages over psn/xbl. Patients is key with farmers. If you're in the forest or anor londo you can often wait for more invaders to come before you try and attack the host again. If not you can try and tease them to a spot where you can gain the upper hand.

I cannot stress how important knowing the level well is. Knowing every hiding place, every enemy position, every jump, every fall and every shortcut is key to outwitting your opponent. I'll usually invade the same spot for days, the first one being an epic fail as I learn where people hide and such. But on the third and fourth day I'm in control of my invasions for the most part. Able to lead my target where I want them or to jump them when they least expect it.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:59 pm

Thanks for the tips i started to learn how to pivot bs and its getting there i use GLGS+5 and Washing pole+15 and buff it at the start of a match and also ibve found out replenishment miracle is actually very usefull so i can usualy just chip away at one or two while my miracle heals me not alway back to full health but yeah it means i can keep the pressure on and i realise now 3v1 do what i like stupid of me to assume elsewise lols, and wow farmers do rage quit when you kill there bodyguards!!!
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:40 pm

Seriously it happens so often to me ill work so hard to get the phantoms down and then disconnect...even 1v1 duels its like they cant handle losing and they have to disconnect....then you go back to your world half stocked and have to go to the fire to reset...so annoying.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:34 am

ive taken all the advice from this thread plus tolvos glory thread and its really improved my game i seem to do better in 2v1 or 3v1 now then on on one
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:07 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkX9r9TcSlc
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:33 am

Forest Hunting, Anti Ganking, The Neon Genesis Evangelion Theme? Well, I liked the video for obvious reasons.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:37 pm

DarkW17 wrote:Seriously it happens so often to me ill work so hard to get the phantoms down and then disconnect...even 1v1 duels its like they cant handle losing and they have to disconnect....then you go back to your world half stocked and have to go to the fire to reset...so annoying.
    At least the phantoms are worth souls though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 am