Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
BartholomewWenceslas
Yarxov
T-King-667
Buggy Virus
berkut
Doelker
Maneater_Mildred
Argetlam350
trinity-echo
Oniramkenobi
RaSoul
Rynn
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
Artorias
WarriorOfSunlight
ViralEnsign_
middya
Tolvo
aceluby
Wade_Wilson
Yukon
White Mamba
SlakeMoth
Yesuurd
barrywilkins
Forum Pirate
Saxonberserker
Rin
ublug
moomootv
PlasticandRage
Serious_Much
WyrmHero
RagingDragon_69
38 posters

No Console DLC!

Oniramkenobi
    Oniramkenobi
    Casual
    Casual

No Console DLC! - Page 4 Empty Re: No Console DLC!

Post by Oniramkenobi Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:06 pm

I have nothing against a port . Hell i even support it everyone should be able to play the Souls games!

Of course they get more profit when we pay 50$ rather than 10-20$ for the content .
    And thats something i wont support .
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:43 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:I would dearly love to sign the petition because I see this decision as a slap in the face for all the people who have bought not only Dark Souls but Demons Souls also. However, I regret I will not be doing so for the simple reason that I do not want my name/e-mail address/postal address displayed on the Internet. There are just too many unscrupulous people out there, who might take advantage of this information.
    Paranoia ftw!
    *highfive*
    This is why I'm not either. The names I can get around (Mothers maiden name, original spelling of my foreign name, still me, just not obviously.) but the address...
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:17 am

I think it's a terrible idea to not release the extra content on the consoles. It also doesn't make sense that Namco is releasing the content on PC to make sure that people buy it because obviously there are upwards of 90,000 people out there who signed a petition to get just standard Dark Souls on the PC. They would've bought it without extra content. Namco shouldn't have to use exclusive content as the only reason to buy a PC port, or else that would just mean it's almost entirely people who already have the game getting the port and they just want the new content, so basically the PC port is going to become very expensive DLC for a lot of console users (even more expensive if you don't have a PC that will run it). I do realize there are PC players out there who genuinely want to play Dark Souls and have no other way to play it, and that's why I support the PC port, but I still feel like someone who already owns Dark Souls shouldn't have to go and buy Dark Souls again just so we can finally get to fight Artorias...
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:25 am

BartholomewWenceslas wrote:I think it's a terrible idea to not release the extra content on the consoles. It also doesn't make sense that Namco is releasing the content on PC to make sure that people buy it because obviously there are upwards of 90,000 people out there who signed a petition to get just standard Dark Souls on the PC. They would've bought it without extra content. Namco shouldn't have to use exclusive content as the only reason to buy a PC port, or else that would just mean it's almost entirely people who already have the game getting the port and they just want the new content, so basically the PC port is going to become very expensive DLC for a lot of console users (even more expensive if you don't have a PC that will run it). I do realize there are PC players out there who genuinely want to play Dark Souls and have no other way to play it, and that's why I support the PC port, but I still feel like someone who already owns Dark Souls shouldn't have to go and buy Dark Souls again just so we can finally get to fight Artorias...
    Hold your horses, my friend. If there's one thing we know about Namco, it's that they love the big money. So, what they will probably do is, release a whole seperate disk with the extra content on it for consoles. They will probably charge full price for it too. So, you can fight Artorias for the low price of 59.99$!

Is it stupid and unfair? Yes. But can they get away with it? Also yes. Someone please tell me i'm wrong about this.
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:27 am

Imarreteet23 wrote:
    BartholomewWenceslas wrote:I think it's a terrible idea to not release the extra content on the consoles. It also doesn't make sense that Namco is releasing the content on PC to make sure that people buy it because obviously there are upwards of 90,000 people out there who signed a petition to get just standard Dark Souls on the PC. They would've bought it without extra content. Namco shouldn't have to use exclusive content as the only reason to buy a PC port, or else that would just mean it's almost entirely people who already have the game getting the port and they just want the new content, so basically the PC port is going to become very expensive DLC for a lot of console users (even more expensive if you don't have a PC that will run it). I do realize there are PC players out there who genuinely want to play Dark Souls and have no other way to play it, and that's why I support the PC port, but I still feel like someone who already owns Dark Souls shouldn't have to go and buy Dark Souls again just so we can finally get to fight Artorias...
    Hold your horses, my friend. If there's one thing we know about Namco, it's that they love the big money. So, what they will probably do is, release a whole seperate disk with the extra content on it for consoles. They will probably charge full price for it too. So, you can fight Artorias for the low price of 59.99$!

Is it stupid and unfair? Yes. But can they get away with it? Also yes. Someone please tell me i'm wrong about this.
    Unfortunately you're probably not wrong. But I suppose if they were going to do that they might have already announced it since console games go for $60 and PC games go for $50 so they would want to make sure anyone who has a console would buy the console version and net them the extra $10
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:21 am

that 10 dollars is a licensing fee for Sony/Microsoft.
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:03 am

Come on all, i just checked the petition this morning and there are only 1300 sigs.

Where are all the PC gamers that we stuck up for?
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:18 pm

Too busy making a petition about GWFL. They should be grateful a port is coming in the first place

Last edited by Artorias on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:32 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:18 pm

Artorias please don't make inflammatory remarks like that.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:33 pm

sorry, edited
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:16 am

This is hugely disappointing, if true. I really had my hopes up on a console DLC to be able to get my hands on the new additions to the PC port.
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:25 am

Namco's press release states that they currently have no plans bring the content to consoles.

But that does not mean that they won't change their minds, especially if we are able to show them how much we want this. More than likely they will let us have it eventually. At least i hope anyways. But we should still remind them that ultimately the consumer is their boss. You give the people what they want.

And we want DLC!!!
    Langoulk
    Langoulk
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Langoulk Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:02 pm

They're going to bring the DLC to consoles. No one is that stupid. Right..?
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:22 pm

They will probably, in a form of corporate molestation, release the new content not as a downloadable package but as a "special edition," (full price, of course) and kill off the souls series on console.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 pm