Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
BartholomewWenceslas
Yarxov
T-King-667
Buggy Virus
berkut
Doelker
Maneater_Mildred
Argetlam350
trinity-echo
Oniramkenobi
RaSoul
Rynn
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
Artorias
WarriorOfSunlight
ViralEnsign_
middya
Tolvo
aceluby
Wade_Wilson
Yukon
White Mamba
SlakeMoth
Yesuurd
barrywilkins
Forum Pirate
Saxonberserker
Rin
ublug
moomootv
PlasticandRage
Serious_Much
WyrmHero
RagingDragon_69
38 posters

No Console DLC!

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

No Console DLC! - Page 2 Empty Re: No Console DLC!

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:51 pm

Guys, saying you've lost respect for companies because they're employing marketing tactics is a little naive, I think it's too early to be getting pissed at them. FROM aint gonna leave us out in the cold for sure, if you're worried about it sign the petition.

Wade, no disrespect but Dark Souls is far from Namco's biggest fan base. You ever heard of Pacman? silly
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:59 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Guys, saying you've lost respect for companies because they're employing marketing tactics is a little naive, I think it's too early to be getting pissed at them. FROM aint gonna leave us out in the cold for sure, if you're worried about it sign the petition.

Wade, no disrespect but Dark Souls is far from Namco's biggest fan base. You ever heard of Pacman? silly

There's a difference between the marketeting tactic of generating hype and being complete **** towards their fans. And I'm boycotting all BN games, not just the souls series, unless From software find a new publisher.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:01 pm

I wasn't trying to say I have a lack of respect for them now serious, I am willing to accept this is a marketing ploy, but on the very off chance that 3-4 months after the pc release I can still not play this new content on my PS3 I think I will have the right to fly off the handle a bit.

I just think its silly I should have to sign a petition when their actions seem to be pointed in this direction, its obvious they intend to release for both consoles and PC, to not do so would be a huge waste of time producing this content to only capitalize on about 1/4th of the community they have.

The reason I won't sign this petition is because I am not going to play along, I still have respect for Namco and FROM to release this for PS3 and Xbox, if they didn't I would lose respect for them... am I making sense?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:11 pm

I get what you mean yukon, though i reckon just signing is easier, and it's meaningless. To me it's just a way to ensure new content, whether i decide to get it or not. I get you trust that they'll give the new content to us console users, but I'm just gonna go with the flow to make sure the content is released faster than it may otherwise have been released. At least I hope the added pressure will have that effect :|

Wade, there's more than just hype creating marketing tactics like that facebook wall. Releasing DLC along with PC version means that buying console version and DLC will be cheaper, hence why they're waiting to make sure people buy the PC version. I have no problem with this, and frankly FROM getting a bit more money to fund the next souls game to me wouldn't be a bad thing. Besides, I can't boycott Tekken, it's a part of my childhood <3 silly Also remember that it's not just Namco to blame, FROM can get them to release it too.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:18 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I get what you mean yukon, though i reckon just signing is easier, and it's meaningless. To me it's just a way to ensure new content, whether i decide to get it or not. I get you trust that they'll give the new content to us console users, but I'm just gonna go with the flow to make sure the content is released faster than it may otherwise have been released. At least I hope the added pressure will have that effect :|

Wade, there's more than just hype creating marketing tactics like that facebook wall. Releasing DLC along with PC version means that buying console version and DLC will be cheaper, hence why they're waiting to make sure people buy the PC version. I have no problem with this, and frankly FROM getting a bit more money to fund the next souls game to me wouldn't be a bad thing. Besides, I can't boycott Tekken, it's a part of my childhood <3 silly Also remember that it's not just Namco to blame, FROM can get them to release it too.

Wait, I never thought about the problems around simultaneous releases. I suppose it makes a bit more sense now.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:19 pm

Honestly... I don't see the big deal if it isn't released. In fact, I'd have more respect for them if they didn't release DLC simply because they have stated from the very beginning that they wouldn't. Plus, they have a tendency to not make everyone happy... Demon's Souls was PS3 only and xbox gamers were pissed. Dark Souls was PS3 & xbox only, PC gamers were pissed. Prepare to die edition PC only, PS3 & xbox gamers are pissed. Would it be all that surprising and would you really boycott such a great development company just for this? I wouldn't because the game is excellent and has been pretty complete for me...
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:27 pm

aceluby wrote:Honestly... I don't see the big deal if it isn't released. In fact, I'd have more respect for them if they didn't release DLC simply because they have stated from the very beginning that they wouldn't. Plus, they have a tendency to not make everyone happy... Demon's Souls was PS3 only and xbox gamers were pissed. Dark Souls was PS3 & xbox only, PC gamers were pissed. Prepare to die edition PC only, PS3 & xbox gamers are pissed. Would it be all that surprising and would you really boycott such a great development company just for this? I wouldn't because the game is excellent and has been pretty complete for me...

Ace to be fair with demons souls, Sony owned the rights, with Dark souls sony then rejected exclusivity and it was released as a console game as there was no interest from the PC community at that time. To be honest there is a reason why the release hasn't been for all platforms; it's just not as popular a game as we think it should be.

also they said that they were releasing the game whole. There's a point I think that the new content is called "additional" and is moving away from the timeline of the chosen undead story.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:58 pm

I obviously signed, I can't see a reason why a person wouldn't outside of maybe Privacy.
    middya

Post by middya Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:38 pm

Well, I will probably buy the PC version anyway, but I really don't see myself migrating permanently. The new content should be released for console, if not by DLC then at least as part of a new edition or whatever.

Signed, they need to take care of their main fanbase.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:41 pm

Namco is being abnormally stupid about this whole thing. The souls series was never meant for the PC in the first place. ANd now they tell thier loyal console gamers that the new DLC stuff they've always wanted won't be given to them and instead to modders, hackers, and god knows who else (srry frustration got the better of me there)

What the hell is he thinking?
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:49 pm

Calling Pc gamer hackers is pretty ignorant. As a pc gamer myself I'm not buying the edition mainly because I already own it on my PS3. If they release it on Steamworks they will make a fortune. But I'm signing this, no reason not to give this content to the fanbase. It's a marketing ploy plain and simple, people need to be more patient.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:51 pm

WarriorOfSunlight wrote:Calling Pc gamer hackers is pretty ignorant. As a pc gamer myself I'm not buying the edition mainly because I already own it on my PS3. If they release it on Steamworks they will make a fortune. But I'm signing this, no reason not to give this content to the fanbase. It's a marketing ploy plain and simple, people need to be more patient.

I'm not calling them hackers I'm merely pointing out a facet of the PC version that will become a reality. There will be mods, there will be hackers. More so than on the 360 or PSN versions of the game because the PC version makes it more of an option.

Sorry If I offended you. it was more out of frustration than malice.

I also pride myself not being a relatively accepting person. I'm not comdeming them just am slightly annoyed by it.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:56 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    WarriorOfSunlight wrote:Calling Pc gamer hackers is pretty ignorant. As a pc gamer myself I'm not buying the edition mainly because I already own it on my PS3. If they release it on Steamworks they will make a fortune. But I'm signing this, no reason not to give this content to the fanbase. It's a marketing ploy plain and simple, people need to be more patient.

I'm not calling them hackers I'm merely pointing out a facet of the PC version that will become a reality. There will be mods, there will be hackers. More so than on the 360 or PSN versions of the game because the PC version makes it more of an option.

Sorry If I offended you. it was more out of frustration than malice.

I also pride myself not being a relatively accepting person. I'm not comdeming them just am slightly annoyed by it.
    Seriously? This is similar to a pc gamer saying that the ps3 and xbox is dumbed down rubbish. Without a mod kit the mods will be very minimal at best and they will be unable to connect to the official servers. They are also considering DRM and GFWL (Search these terms). And as Gabe Newel once said 'A pirate is not a lost sale, they never intended to buy it in the first place.'
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:03 pm

huh soul series was never meant to be for pc
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:09 pm

I found this article from the gamer event in Las Vegas..... sorry if someone found this already...... this might help some confusion.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2012/apr/17/dark-souls-pc-dlc-news
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:12 pm

We can wear Gough's armor? HELL YES! I'm going to make a fat Gough Cosplay toon if this comes to Console!
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:15 pm

Why not? No different from being on the Xbox for example. It will have a very strong fanbase on the pc if released through Steamworks. There are tonnes of dark fantasy rpg's on pc already (Go look them up.) You can of course keep railing on the pc without looking up any info. But you aren't helping the console community's image.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Guys, please don't make this personal. I think it's best if this subject drops here, and if you two really wish to talk take it to PM's.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:23 pm

I'll buy it for PC. In fact, I won't only buy it, but I'll buy it -when- it comes out, because frankly, PC players will be newbies, and the funny thing is you can trace hackers accounts on these systems, and take them out a bit more permanently then usually possible on X-box or PSN.
    RaSoul
    RaSoul
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RaSoul Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:44 pm

I signed too, it is too silly if we don't get the dlc in my opinion happy if a petition worked for making it a PC game, it should work the other way around too, hopefully.

If we can get 50.000 that would be awesome.

Does anybody know how many signed for the PC petition?
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:46 pm

The problem is with Namco not necessarily with FROM.

As the producer Namco has the last say on where this game can be published, and in what format. And Namco are the ones that have issued the statement saying that they will not be releasing the additional content on to consoles.

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/dark_souls/news/dark_souls_pc_content_isnt_coming_to_consoles_or_is_it.html

Miyazaki is the face of FROM and is being caught in the crossfire. I would assume that FROM has every plan to release this on consoles, in some format. But it is not their choice. We need to get behind FROM with the petition. So when they go to Namco they have our voices behind them. Exactly like how the PC version came to be. This could be the only way they will reverse their decision.

Besides then we may get the satifaction of new content and new ways to die, all while watching Namco eat ****.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:51 pm

Yep only namco would make such a stupid and selfish decision
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:51 pm

Them or EA. big grin
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:52 pm

SouXouX wrote:I signed too, it is too silly if we don't get the dlc in my opinion happy if a petition worked for making it a PC game, it should work the other way around too, hopefully.

If we can get 50.000 that would be awesome.

Does anybody know how many signed for the PC petition?

There were over 97,000 signatures on the PC petition. Most of which I am sure were done by us console gamers who were familiar with the game and wanted to share our experiences with a larger fan base.

Either that or we all decided it would be funny to grief on the PC gamers. big grin
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:55 pm

Again here is the petition link in case anyone missed it, and would like to sign it.

http://www.change.org/petitions/dark-souls-dlc-petition

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:21 am