Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Rynoa
Forum Pirate
KomradDakka
Maneater_Mildred
ViralEnsign_
befowler
PlasticandRage
Serious_Much
RaSoul
vixder/pennywise
14 posters

Open World Games with Zombies

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Open World Games with Zombies - Page 2 Empty Re: Open World Games with Zombies

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri May 04, 2012 11:18 pm

vixder/pennywise wrote:Should I sell the Spinels?

No later you can get items which you can attach jems to. However never attach the ruby sapphire or emerald to amything but the most regal of devices..... Actually as Plastic i think the spinels are sellable

IGNORE ME IM BEING STUPID. I HAVENT PLAYED IT IN AGES. I LIKE THAT YOU TOOK OUR SUGGESTIONS TO HEART.

HOW long was the resi 4 download?
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Fri May 04, 2012 11:53 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:I'm still waiting for a proper zombie survival game. Where guns are the last resort because they draw attention, where 1 bite is fatal, where finding and or defending food and shelter is the top priority, where the only storyline is "dont die".
    Not alone there. I always thought a GTA style zombie game would be great. Where you get like a massive sandbox urban environment that's alive with undead and NPC's trying to survive.

RDR: undead nightmare... thats the closest thing
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 05, 2012 12:15 am

hopefully won't always be
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Sat May 05, 2012 12:56 am

well.... ill be in my thread writing survival stories... stay outta sight survivors!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 05, 2012 2:14 am

Do any of you guys play RE5?
    x/p really did inspire me to pick some RE back up, but I'm too lazy to go digging through boxes for my Gamecube so I'm playing 5 instead. It just occurred to me that I've never played with a good partner. If anyone's interested add me on the PSN.
    vixder/pennywise
    vixder/pennywise
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vixder/pennywise Sat May 05, 2012 7:06 am

Downloading Resi4 took me around 4 hours. Even though its 3.3GB, I didn´t expect that. But I don´t have the best connection.

Well, I decided to go blind from now on. After I wrote my last question, I met up with the merchant again and I just sold all of my spinels, to buy the uzi. After that I had to go to bed, but I´m looking forward to try it out. Also maxed out the shotgun as far as I can.

Now, the main reason why I like 4 better then 5 is the levvel design. So far the fights feel more open-worldish since you have kind of arenas you get chased through. You get forced into making decisions on the spot. 5 felt more like an linear thrid person shooter, like Vanquish or Gears. The lack of ammo felt like annoyance, in 4 its part of the atmosphere. 5 is not bad at first, but it gets old very fast.

I HATE SNAKES
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat May 05, 2012 9:33 am

I like 4 because its less actiony than 5 but has enough of the stuff to keep it interesting.

THE TMP IS A GOD. Use it in small bursts to target the knees and Weapons of enemies. Its no good as a blaze away gun nor and a primary damage dealer but by placing your shots well you maximise its ammos effectiveness.

I always used a fully upgraded Red9 as my primary gun. It was a god sent against both Bosses and the Ganados.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 05, 2012 12:47 pm

I think 4's inventory system is a lot better too. I actually had fun trying to consistently organize and reorganize my attache case so to best fit everything I was carrying and leave room for more. I find RE5's system to just be a little annoying at best.
    vixder/pennywise
    vixder/pennywise
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vixder/pennywise Sat May 05, 2012 4:21 pm

Plastic, I totaly agree. Inventory in 5 was a pain. The ammo and health exchange might have been a good idea on paper, but I hated it.

So, I rescued Ashley. Let the fun beginn.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 05, 2012 4:35 pm

I don't think it's as bad as everyone makes it out to be. What is kind of obnoxious is her tendency to run in the direction of danger as opposed to away from it. If you have the option of making her hide always do it.
    vixder/pennywise
    vixder/pennywise
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vixder/pennywise Sat May 05, 2012 4:43 pm

So far it´s ok. It adds another tactical aspect to fights. You have to think before you act, which is always good.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 05, 2012 4:47 pm

If you protect her well the "LEON HELP!"'s really aren't that prevalent
    vixder/pennywise
    vixder/pennywise
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vixder/pennywise Sat May 05, 2012 4:52 pm

What I normaly hate abou protection-missions is the bad AI of the NPC. But Ashley always chooses the same path as Leon. And no friendly fire, thank god.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 05, 2012 5:28 pm

I find it really helpful that when you aim she sticks to your back. Basically makes it so that when you're in a hectic battle if you're protecting your own back properly than you're protecting her as well
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat May 05, 2012 7:51 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I think 4's inventory system is a lot better too. I actually had fun trying to consistently organize and reorganize my attache case so to best fit everything I was carrying and leave room for more. I find RE5's system to just be a little annoying at best.

You are all missing the most annoying of all things that RESI 5 had which ruined it as a game.

SHEVA! God that woman pissed me off so mych. She got in the way of enemies, escape routes, grenades. I quit after she got my head chewed off by a chainsaw.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 05, 2012 9:12 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:I think 4's inventory system is a lot better too. I actually had fun trying to consistently organize and reorganize my attache case so to best fit everything I was carrying and leave room for more. I find RE5's system to just be a little annoying at best.

You are all missing the most annoying of all things that RESI 5 had which ruined it as a game.

SHEVA! God that woman pissed me off so mych. She got in the way of enemies, escape routes, grenades. I quit after she got my head chewed off by a chainsaw.

Amen.

For me part of what is so absolutely essential to the survival horror genre is the feeling of isolation and helplessness. Like you're alone and powerless against massive odds, in the form of armies of grotesque horrifying things. By pairing you with a constant NPC partner I think a lot of that is lost. Especially one that, as you said, is constantly getting in the way. I think a computer controlled Shava is 100 times worse than an Ashley you can make hide in dumpsters most of the time anyway.

Although I have to add that in the last 24 hours, which represent my experience playing the game online, I've had fun playing with the couple decent online partners I've managed to connect with. Even though most of them just want to semi-auto fire infinite rocket launchers
    vixder/pennywise
    vixder/pennywise
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vixder/pennywise Sun May 06, 2012 7:00 am

Made it to Undead Burg, where Ashley got kidnapped for the first time. But only because I left her at the entrance to scout the area and get some orientation. Prior to that she only got herself killed once due to a dynamite stick. After having suffered through Demon´s/Dark Souls, reloading in RE4 is nothing to rage about.

I think a computer controlled Shava is 100 times worse than an Ashley you can make hide in dumpsters most of the time anyway.
    Very true. She clearly is designed for coop.
    But the worst thing is the split screen. When I moved in with my friend we were looking for good split sceen games and I digged up RE5. It´s just such a waste of screen space. He has a huge TV and we ended up playing Unreal Tournament 3 for a month, which worked perfectly, but with RE5 you just can´t make out anything on the screen. It´s a shame.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun May 06, 2012 1:51 pm

The only times I really found Ashley tagging along to be a problem were the two large rooms you encounter early in the castle area. The one where she has to run around the high walkway and flip switches for you and the lower area where you get mobbed by cultists. Actually I think that may be the same room. You'll know just what I'm talking about when you get there.
    vixder/pennywise
    vixder/pennywise
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vixder/pennywise Sun May 06, 2012 2:11 pm

Yes. it was a challenge. But I made it on my third try. Since they don´t hurt her and carry her away slowly it´s ok. On my second try I shoot Ashley in the head by accident. Ooops. I guess there is friendly fire.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon May 07, 2012 12:37 am

I usually run straight through the enemies, down the stairs, and to the room with the two pressure plate switches on the floor. I back into a corner where I can aim both at the door and at the area the enemies fall into when they drop down from the ceiling and wait. That games all about creating bottlenecks
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Mon May 07, 2012 4:24 am

soo I don't know if anyone already said this, but Red Dead Redemption with expansion happy
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon May 07, 2012 4:40 am

I'm boycotting that game. I bought a copy of it on disc and an hour into it the game started freezing every time enemies spawned. I called Rockstar tech support and they pretty much told me to #^&$ off. So I'm not buying another.
    PowderTrail
    PowderTrail

Post by PowderTrail Mon May 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Perhaps Project Zomboid? Not a big thing (java, isometric view, still in developement) but it doesn't hurt to try, right?
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Mon May 07, 2012 1:05 pm

Rynoa wrote:soo I don't know if anyone already said this, but Red Dead Redemption with expansion happy

I enjoyed it, playing as a zombie killin' clint eastwood. the sound track was a tad off though ha.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue May 08, 2012 3:39 am

I have to say now that I'm playing it online I'm really having fun with RE5. Mercenaries in particular. I hated it on RE4, but the online interaction adds a whole new level to it. When you hook up with the right player, someone who you work well with, it's pretty awesome.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:01 pm