Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
LordRevan
Artorias
Yukon
NoResorb
WyrmHero
ViralEnsign_
Chaos Spectre
11 posters

Artorias Confirmed as Playable (Incorrect, source spoke wrong)

Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Artorias Confirmed as Playable (Incorrect, source spoke wrong) Empty Artorias Confirmed as Playable (Incorrect, source spoke wrong)

Post by Chaos Spectre Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:10 am

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/17/dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition-lets-you-play-as-sir-knight-artorias/

I are excite

Edit: The source was incorrect on what they stated. However, you may be able to fight alongside Artorias before you fight him.

Last edited by ChaosServantSpectre on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Artorias Confirmed as Playable (Incorrect, source spoke wrong) Empty Re: Artorias Confirmed as Playable (Incorrect, source spoke wrong)

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:16 am

YEAH! But I think playing as him will ruin his character for me. sad
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Artorias Confirmed as Playable (Incorrect, source spoke wrong) Empty Re: Artorias Confirmed as Playable (Incorrect, source spoke wrong)

Post by WyrmHero Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:28 am

Wow!!! Guess what SL he'll be!
    NoResorb
    NoResorb

Post by NoResorb Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:27 am

On another preview of the PC port I read here (in french), here's a translation of a part I found interesting:
    The new content of this Prepare to Die Edition gave additional work to the studio, whose idea is to make the player travel in past and thicken the fragmented background of Dark Souls. "It will be possible to carry your character to the time of Artorias, a renowned knight whom we hear a lot of but we never meet in the original game" explains Miyazaki. "We will be able to meet this mythical character and better understand his story as well as the story of three other legendary knights: Hawkeye Gough, Ciaran and Ornstein." In order not to foolishly recycle the places already present on consoles new areas - three for now, some ruins and a tomb - filled with enemies, bosses and NPCs also new have been modeled. Sadly the short presentation of the PC version still Work in progress staid confined in Firelink Shrine and showed less than the trailer did. We simply had a preview of Artorias' equipment (a long sword with a whirling attack, two demonic curved swords and a gloomy armor/helmet set) as well as the look of an NPC whose named was kept secret, wearing a long coat, a Venetian inspired mask, a giant fork and a crossbow.

They don't mention being able to play as Artorias.
    The part I find most interesting maybe is this new unnamed NPC which seems to be the one we can see in the collector edition's artbook. They also said online play won't be possible between PC and 360 despite the use of Game for windows live in order not to delay the release.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:23 am

NoResorb wrote:"We will be able to meet this mythical character and better understand his story as well as the story of three other legendary knights: Hawkeye Gough, Ciaran and Ornstein."

Okay OKAY, officially I was psyched for this release, now my mind is blow and I cannot comprehend just how awesome this release is going to be, it is a good thing!

YES, I knew they wouldn't leave out Ciaran but man was I getting worried not seeing her or hearing about her for all this time. someone leak pictures now???!
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:53 am

!!PORT NOW!!
    If namco doesnt port...
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:55 am

I want Ciaran's Dagger NAO! 150 critical please!!!!!!!
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:13 pm

Near bottom of the link:

Update:
    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition won’t let people play as Sir Knight Artorias. Players will fight him in the PC version to stop the spreading darkness. We apologize for the error.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Damn, oh well, still freakin sweet that we see him.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:53 pm

I would guess that Hawykeye is the own with the somewhat lesser version of the Dragonbow from the picture I saw... odd. He shows flesh unlike artorias and leo. The woman would be interesting to see what she looks like, the Blade Lord.

What I am most interested about is the black dragon and the tombs. The tombs is where the pyromancer enters... who they usually tie towards gravelords. The dragon seems docile.

Artorias I would say would be interesting. It is based on the past. Perhaps I can see what finally happens to him.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:52 pm

I don't think we actually have any real frames of gough yet, and the archer was more someone just shooting at the black dragon.

Finally, a proper dragon.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:54 pm

Not that guy.. The guy in the worn out big armour
    Did you even go through all the pics lol
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:01 pm

Thank GOD you can't play as him. Isn't his armor enough already? Come on! I have his sword since I first met Sif! I felt so good because almost no one else was using it! Imagine EVERYONE invading and farming with Artorias gear, it would be Ridiculous! Throw the great knight story to trash
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:05 pm

Hey i use it winking
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:22 pm

Artorias wrote:Not that guy.. The guy in the worn out big armour
    Did you even go through all the pics lol

Which one? The one that had a strap only on one shoulder?
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:24 pm

Yep and there is a pic of a bow and arrow underneath
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:43 pm

Artorias wrote:Yep and there is a pic of a bow and arrow underneath

Was that confirmed to be Gough?

On the site I saw the images they didn't have an captions.
    SEANB240
    SEANB240
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SEANB240 Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:35 am

I'm glad you don't play as him, that would just be...odd for this series. Look at it this way though, you'll still be able to get his sweet armor and all and can cosplay him if you're into that kind of thing 8)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:10 pm