Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
WyrmHero
Karn
6 posters

Power Within + Dex 2h Scaling

Karn
    Regular
    Regular

Power Within + Dex 2h Scaling Empty Power Within + Dex 2h Scaling

Post by Karn Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:40 pm

I've been running around with a new Fth/Dex build, currently level 90 with
    30 vit
    12 att
    30 end
    16 str
    35 dex
    30 faith

My tactics so far while invading have been all out assault, using Power Within + RTSR and RoFaP along with DMB, Staying at ~21 burden (1/4th).

I've noticed that Power Within increases your Stamina Regen by a decent amount, but other than that what does it do? I recall hearing that it increased your damage as well, but I haven't noticed this on the Equip screen. Is it just invisible?

The other thing I've noticed while Two-handing Dex weapons (Iaito, Uchigatana, BSS.) That there is little (BSS +5 damage while twohanded) to no increase (Iaito, Uchi = 0 visible bonus in equip screen) Though I'd swear that with the Lightning Iaito +5 two-handed increases damage, I could be imagining things. I haven't really noticed a damage increase with the +15 Iaito, is there a hidden bonus, or is just because those two weapons lack a strength modifier so they receive nothing from being wielded in a two-handed grip? If the former is true, then this could mean a difference in PvP for myself, One hand on the grip is faster R1/R2s, whilst Two hands is a tad bit slower.

Last night I was really enjoying PvP, Invading Painted World and Dukes. I think I won over half of my engagements, After I got DMB I moved to my +15 weapons for the buff and have to say that I am amazed by the amount of damage that is possible.

I had planned to go 40/12/40/16/40/*/*/35, but with the RTSR I might go for lower Vit for higher Faith
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Power Within + Dex 2h Scaling Empty Re: Power Within + Dex 2h Scaling

Post by WyrmHero Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:59 pm

It increases your damage, but it doesn't appear as AR on the menu. Maybe needs a little patch.
    Karn
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Karn Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:02 pm

Ah ok thanks, I didn't know it wouldn't be visible on screen. I didn't know if something like DMB or the RTSR were interfering with the buff or not.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:12 pm

Power within is an exactly 40% increase to all damage you deal. It benefits big weapons far more than small weapons. Ie try the greatscythe. it should manage 400 a hit its self, then dmb will jump it to 700 or pw will jump it to about 600. If you can manage to cast both you'll be at roughly 1050.

The iaito only does an extra what 50 with pw? not a big bonus.

Also pw doesn't show your ar increase because you dont get one, its a static 40% buff
    Karn
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Karn Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Power within is an exactly 40% increase to all damage you deal. It benefits big weapons far more than small weapons. Ie try the greatscythe. it should manage 400 a hit its self, then dmb will jump it to 700 or pw will jump it to about 600. If you can manage to cast both you'll be at roughly 1050.

The iaito only does an extra what 50 with pw? not a big bonus.

Also pw doesn't show your ar increase because you dont get one, its a static 40% buff

Are you sure about that? the Iaito with the DMB buff alone puts it at 707 before Power within and the RTSR I think. I could be wrong, but I swear I was hitting 800+ with it before the RTSR activated and that put me at who knows what number, because I was mainly killing them in one hit after that at 900+ damage.

Does Power within do 40% of your AR before the DMB + RTSR or is that 40% with?
    Karn
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Karn Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:48 pm

I imagine the Great Scythe would be good, I have one sitting in the Box at +14, but I haven't used it often. I really hate the R1s stagger after every hit =/ I need to use it more to learn its moveset better I guess.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:52 pm

Now try with red tearstone and dragon roar big grin
    Karn
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Karn Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:12 pm

Carphil wrote:Now try with red tearstone and dragon roar big grin

Never used the roar, so not sure what it does. =x
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:18 pm

increases your damage output only problem is you gotta get NEKED!!! to use it soo high VIT is required plus Power within drains your health i believe sanctus shield can pretty much negate that effect though im not 100% sure on that one, but if you have enough time in theory you could power within, dark moon blade, enemy arives roar hit them, roar, hit them RTSR will activate and in theory youd OHKO, but its look of the draw you could end getting Dovakin'd (Dead dragon)
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:16 pm

Its not 40% ar its 40% percent damage.
    You're ar is exactly the same, it just takes however much damage you did after factoring their defences and add 40% of that to the total.

so if your ar is 200 but you would have done 100 damage through their armor, you do 140 damage.

And also Defence. Your ar with the iaito and dmb is 707, the damage it deals should be closer to 400 so then pw would add 120-160 damage to that. Where as say my Great scythe does 600 a hit buffed with a total ar of 766. pw would add 240 a hit to that.

Tl:Dr AR/=damage and power within adds 40% damage not 40% AR so is more useful on harder hitting weapons where dmb adds AR so is more useful on faster weapons.
    Karn
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Karn Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:45 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Its not 40% ar its 40% percent damage.
    You're ar is exactly the same, it just takes however much damage you did after factoring their defences and add 40% of that to the total.

so if your ar is 200 but you would have done 100 damage through their armor, you do 140 damage.

And also Defence. Your ar with the iaito and dmb is 707, the damage it deals should be closer to 400 so then pw would add 120-160 damage to that. Where as say my Great scythe does 600 a hit buffed with a total ar of 766. pw would add 240 a hit to that.

Tl:Dr AR/=damage and power within adds 40% damage not 40% AR so is more useful on harder hitting weapons where dmb adds AR so is more useful on faster weapons.

Oh, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks =]
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:22 pm

[color=#FFF7A6]All weapons have at least a 5% modifier on their final damages for two handing them. A Straight Sword has 95%, for example.
    Karn
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Karn Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:46 pm

Rynn wrote:[color=#FFF7A6]All weapons have at least a 5% modifier on their final damages for two handing them. A Straight Sword has 95%, for example.

I'm confused, could you give me a little bit more of an example? Straight Sword has a 95% modifier?

Also, I am in love with the BSS. This thing is just amazing. Dead Angles, Speedy attacks, Good stamina usage, good damage and range like you wouldn't think. This thing just rules.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:36 am

Let's say you have 230 attack power when two handing the Straight Sword. You somehow also have 230 attack power when one handing it, just to make this example as straightforward as possible.

When you hit a Balder knight, you do 100 damage. Then you two hand the weapon. Your next hit will do 100 + 95% damage. So the -final damage value- is increased, not the actual weapons attack power.

In my time two handing weapons, Straight Swords have the highest modifier at 95%, with Great Axes being the next closest at 66%.
    Karn
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Karn Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:37 am

Rynn wrote:Let's say you have 230 attack power when two handing the Straight Sword. You somehow also have 230 attack power when one handing it, just to make this example as straightforward as possible.

When you hit a Balder knight, you do 100 damage. Then you two hand the weapon. Your next hit will do 100 + 95% damage. So the -final damage value- is increased, not the actual weapons attack power.

In my time two handing weapons, Straight Swords have the highest modifier at 95%, with Great Axes being the next closest at 66%.

Wow, that's really helpful information. Thanks a ton Rinn, sorry if i'm a little slow witted.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:44 am

Karn wrote:
    Rynn wrote:Let's say you have 230 attack power when two handing the Straight Sword. You somehow also have 230 attack power when one handing it, just to make this example as straightforward as possible.

Wow, that's really helpful information. Thanks a ton Rinn, sorry if i'm a little slow witted.
    You're not slow witted at all! I just don't speak clearly and there is a lot of room to misinterpretate or otherwise not understand what I type usually.

Most weapons have a rather low two handing multiplier, something like 15% for a rapier. It's easiest to test the exact value via an Elemental Version, (since the attack power doesn't change when two handing it).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:17 am