Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Jovias-86
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rksmithers
RagingDragon_69
befowler
Ser Isaac
Gol
Rynn
aceluby
Artorias
Buggy Virus
skarekrow13
FruitPunchNinja
Wade_Wilson
Raptrojo
WyrmHero
Chaos Spectre
21 posters

More Dark Souls PC Detail, Start the DLC Petitios

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

More Dark Souls PC Detail, Start the DLC Petitios - Page 2 Empty Re: More Dark Souls PC Detail, Start the DLC Petitios

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:57 pm

Without knowing their specific contract terms I wouldn't be able to guess how much influence each company retained over that aspect. Also, the original contract for the game may not apply to DLC as there originally were no plans for it. Part of the new terms, or discussion of the old at least, could easily have involved the scope of the release. From strikes me as the sorta company that would get their ducks in a row before agreeing to terms. So, assuming he wants everyone to get it, it's reasonable to think he might have had some influence or asked about Namco's intent prior to coming to terms.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

More Dark Souls PC Detail, Start the DLC Petitios - Page 2 Empty Re: More Dark Souls PC Detail, Start the DLC Petitios

Post by Gol Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:24 pm

It's the same for every developper.
    If he's got an editor then the game becomes the intellectual property of the editor because the editor is the one who finances the development.

They added new content because namdai said so and they won't relaese it on consoles if they decide not to.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:48 pm

No namecalling, please.
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:10 pm

Here is a quote from an article:

"While Namco has confirmed that the extra content isn’t coming to the console versions of the game, sources tell us they still would not rule out a reversal of this decision before it is all said and done. We will have to wait and see, but if console owners make enough noise we suspect that Namco will have to at least reconsider."

http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/26822-confusion-over-dark-souls-content

Also as i have stated in other discussions;

The problem is with Namco not necessarily with FROM.

As the producer Namco has the last say on where this game can be published, and in what format. And Namco are the ones that have issued the statement saying that they will not be releasing the additional content on to consoles. See the above article. This is why us consoles onwers should sign the petition.

Also the additional content looks spectacular I have seen a couple of leaked pics of bosses and areas and they look epic. There are supposed to be 3-4 new bosses and as many areas. As well as additional weapons and armor. I think the content will be the cherry on top of the best sundae you have ever had. Dont get me wrong it is still a damn good sundae but I think all of us deserve the cherry.

Dammit now i want a sundae
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:16 pm

you have to be careful theres a lot of articles that are taking something he said out of context and claiming he "confirmed" there would be no dlc. all he said was theres no news "at this point".
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Actually Namco released a press statement saying they currently have no plans to release the content on consoles. You can look it up and it has been referenced in quite a few articles.

Miyazaki just said he had no news at the time and that inerview is a week ago. But he also works for FROM not Namco.

Now this is how it currently stands. Things may change, especially if we make sure they know we are unhappy that we may be excluded. I personally will be buying the PC edition because I want to support FROM and the souls series but i have spent too much time on my PS3 version to just abandon it due to lack of new content. And hopefully FROM will not be working with Namco again so we can avoid future issues like this one.
    Rksmithers

Post by Rksmithers Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:26 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:your going to have to pay for it, that makes sense.They have to create the dlc,and from what we know at this point it wasnt something just cut from the game.So if they need to put man hours into making it expect to pay, i have no problem buying it as a new game if they advertise major improvements.I think it will end up being 15-20 dollar dlc might even get lucky and have it cheaper. If they make it free thats awesome but i also WANT from to get money for their great game.

More Dark Souls PC Detail, Start the DLC Petitios - Page 2 Tumblr_lpqeqgfUUH1qd5hy5o1_400

i wouldnt mind if they release some sort of special edition, like artorious edition or something like that for the consols, or complete edition or something i dont know i just would really like this new content.....
    Rksmithers

Post by Rksmithers Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:31 pm

i really think we should start another petition for the content to come to consols, just in case, because personly im not a pc gamer, i find it clunky and too frustrating at times so i would really prefer to have the content be for both......
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:29 pm

you guys really need to be careful where you get your "information". make sure the site is well known and highly regarded when it comes to gaming news, also make sure they site references. Bamco has NOT confirmed that the content wont be on consoles. I am certain they are just trying to get sales for the pc version so they are not announcing it at this time.

They know if they announce dlc right now that most people will just buy that, but if they say its for pc and dont announce dlc a lot of people will be more likely to pre oder the pc edition. From and Bamco even said how they are noobs when it comes to PC games so im guessing this extra content was developed for consoles then they ported the complete package to PC. dont get too worried people, im guessing sometime around E3 or in august they will announce DLC.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:40 am

I'm more than willing drop down a small chunk of change for a DLC, I just don't understand why FromSoft would outright deny console users even a chance at a DLC.

All sounds pretty underhanded to me...
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:10 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I'm more than willing drop down a small chunk of change for a DLC, I just don't understand why FromSoft would outright deny console users even a chance at a DLC.

Underhanded? How do you figure? It's not like this would be the first time because TONS of DLC comes to PC games that never makes it to their console counterparts. Fallout and Elder Scrolls comes to mind....
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jovias-86 Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:26 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:you guys really need to be careful where you get your "information". make sure the site is well known and highly regarded when it comes to gaming news, also make sure they site references. Bamco has NOT confirmed that the content wont be on consoles. I am certain they are just trying to get sales for the pc version so they are not announcing it at this time.

They know if they announce dlc right now that most people will just buy that, but if they say its for pc and dont announce dlc a lot of people will be more likely to pre oder the pc edition. From and Bamco even said how they are noobs when it comes to PC games so im guessing this extra content was developed for consoles then they ported the complete package to PC. dont get too worried people, im guessing sometime around E3 or in august they will announce DLC.

So basically BAMCO will screw the console owners who buy the PC version...
    Man I dont get this.... These people. Y would they even come up with new content and fry us all... Should have left the game as it is...
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:16 pm

i dont get your logic. how are they screwing PC gamers? you said "the console owners who buy the pc version" if they have a pc capable of playing it and a console its their choice of which to buy. Bamco isnt making you pre order the pc version you could have some patience.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:37 pm

aceluby wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I'm more than willing drop down a small chunk of change for a DLC, I just don't understand why FromSoft would outright deny console users even a chance at a DLC.

Underhanded? How do you figure? It's not like this would be the first time because TONS of DLC comes to PC games that never makes it to their console counterparts. Fallout and Elder Scrolls comes to mind....

Mods are community made meaning Bethesda didnt make them.

Mods and DLC are 2 different things.
    kramage
    kramage
    Casual
    Casual

Post by kramage Thu May 03, 2012 11:48 pm

yea it does suck that that console versions don't get the dlc even though it was never intended in the beginning but if you're going to be a nazi about it the least you could do is fix up the framerate in blight town. I swear that place has more slow down than an old guy driving 40 on the highway. Keep your eyes on the prize and hope that the next dark souls is actually going to have added content. And fix the servers as well beacuse I hate it when I get into a pvp and the winning factor was lag when it really shouldn't be. Lagstabs anyone? Btw this game is a good example of why Japanese games are doing so poorly in the gaming market. No added content and the feeling that you got jibbed later on.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Fri May 04, 2012 3:41 am

kramage wrote:yea it does suck that that console versions don't get the dlc even though it was never intended in the beginning but if you're going to be a nazi about it the least you could do is fix up the framerate in blight town. I swear that place has more slow down than an old guy driving 40 on the highway. Keep your eyes on the prize and hope that the next dark souls is actually going to have added content. And fix the servers as well beacuse I hate it when I get into a pvp and the winning factor was lag when it really shouldn't be. Lagstabs anyone? Btw this game is a good example of why Japanese games are doing so poorly in the gaming market. No added content and the feeling that you got jibbed later on.

Your obviously not very smart in the gaming industry to understand much about gaming. The only part of your post I agree with is the servers, but thats the Publishers fault, and most publishers are crap anyways. Besides that, if you think its easy to fix the blighttown lag, your wrong. Its either suffer the lag, or suffer the most boring place in the game. And thinking that DLC is that much of a good thing is why companies play the system to take money from people like you. Dark Souls is a good game, one of the best in a long time. Honestly, I want the DLC, but I'm not going to justify that we deserve it being PC has to wait 10 months after the initial release to get it, I believe they deserve something, but that doesn't mean I won't try to get it for us as well, hence this topic.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun May 27, 2012 11:59 pm

Maybe I'm just in denial, but there's no way that they won't bring it to consoles. I'm hoping that they won't announce it for consoles until the last minute, or even say that it won't come to consoles and then "reconsider" their plans.

Thing is, I don't know how common DLC is for Japanese games. All the games with big DLC support I've seen are western-developed, so it might be a foreign concept to From.

Honestly, the only reason extra content is feasible is because us console players made the game such an enormous success. No one would be talking about a PC version and no one would give them the funds for extra content if we didn't buy the game, and now we're getting shafted in favor of a bunch of whiny, entitled PC elitists who can't even bear the thought that they might be missing out on good games because of the platform they chose.
    Baldor Ostarv
    Baldor Ostarv
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baldor Ostarv Mon May 28, 2012 1:55 am

I would say wait it out. Like FruitPunchNinja said, "From and Bamco even said how they are noobs when it comes to PC games so im guessing this extra content was developed for consoles then they ported the complete package to PC."

Patience is a virtue.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 am