Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Carphil
Akatik
middya
White Mamba
skarekrow13
Argetlam350
sinisterapathy
Tolvo
Buggy Virus
Green__Eagle
SlakeMoth
15 posters

Have you ever felt sorry for a Boss?

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Have you ever felt sorry for a Boss? Empty Have you ever felt sorry for a Boss?

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:27 am

I must be getting soft in my old age. I went up against Ceaseless Discharge last night and decided to try running back to the fog gate to see if I could lure him to his death. This method hadn't worked on my first playthrough and I had to resort to shooting him to death with arrows from behind that rock you can run round (cheap but effective). This time it did and he put his fat fiery paw down and I just kept hammering it till he let go but, oh that sound! The poor thing just moaned in such a piteous way that I felt really sorry for him and kind of guilty. If I'm not careful I'll start feeling the same about the Bed of Chaos. When that happens I'll know it's time to stop playing this game.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Have you ever felt sorry for a Boss? Empty Re: Have you ever felt sorry for a Boss?

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:38 am

Yeah, CD is the only boss I've felt sorry for in Dark Souls.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Have you ever felt sorry for a Boss? Empty Re: Have you ever felt sorry for a Boss?

Post by Buggy Virus Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:41 am

You get Sif limping. . .
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:51 am

Nito, Gwyn, Sif, Ornstein, Bed of Chaos, Ceaseless, Gaping Dragon, Moonlight Butterfly, Priscilla, off the top of my head.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:41 am

Sif...i hate killin that poor little doggy...

Priscilla i killed her the first time i went through for her soul..not worth it. i never killed her again and i probably wont.

The rest fall to my blade with no mercy.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:55 am

Priscilla, Sif, Ceasless Discharge, Quelaag, and Moonlight Butterfly.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:01 am

Ceaseless, Sif, Priscilla, Nito, Gwyn, Gwyndolin, Quelaag....maybe more.

SlakeMoth, Ublug discovered a secret that I was able to confirm and do some testing on. If you haven't read that thread in the Archives the gist is that there's a way to convince him you're not a threat to his sister, you are allowed to grab her armor set and walk away. He won't even attack if you hit him with arrows. However, when you walk back the gates he does the jump you saw, which I am convinced is not intended to be aggressive and does that moaning/begging for death thing. I see him a lot differently after that......
    White Mamba
    White Mamba
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by White Mamba Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:14 am

Just when Leeroy killed Pinwheel in 3 or 4 hits lol....oh and Sif
    middya

Post by middya Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:06 pm

Ceaseless discharge, of course. And well, I always feel kind of bad for Sif when he/she starts limping.

And 4 kings, imagine living in what's basically a void for all eternity.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:06 pm

Sif, every time.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:28 pm

I HATE ceaseless discharge!

It may be an old corrupted chaos witch but I don't care, if you didn't felt sorry for killing Queelag, you probably should not about Ceaseless.

Did I mentioned CD killed me like 40 times?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:31 pm

I did.... but then I was enlightened that no matter what, they will always come back. Therefore, their death in one world is irrelevant, as they will still exist in the next.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:43 pm

Acidic.....That's almost exactly what poor Jake told Roland before plummeting! Also, it's a very sound thought process for this game.

In NG I killed everything right before Gwyn because hey.....they might have something I don't yet. It's not like I won't see them again.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:51 pm

quelaag after talking to her sister with the witch ring on... she makes you feel like a horrible horrible person...
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:25 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Acidic.....That's almost exactly what poor Jake told Roland before plummeting! Also, it's a very sound thought process for this game.

In NG I killed everything right before Gwyn because hey.....they might have something I don't yet. It's not like I won't see them again.

"Then go... there are worlds other than these..."

Yeah, Roland's an *******.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:34 pm

Moonlight Butterfly. It's just so pitiful. I know that I don't have to kill it but I need Beatrice's aid against the Four Kings. So the Butterfly has to die in the process.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:59 pm