APB on PhlyingDutchman!

PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

APB on PhlyingDutchman!

Post by PhlyingDutchman on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:37 pm

So my house just got broken into.
    They stole a bunch of stuff from my roommate, but the main thing they got from me was my PS3. With Dark Souls in the tray...
    I don't even care about the hardware, but dangit the 160 hours I'd put into my warrior on there are gone! If you see my PSN ID, PhlyingDutchman, come online, be sure to royally pwn him- I'm talking TWoP, WoG, Chain BS spam, the works. Show no mercy. I wish I could see him get murdered by the NG++ Taurus Demon I left alive to keep the burg open for pvp.

This is also probably my farewell to Dark Souls. I don't have the expendable income, and moreso free time to replace the system and game and repeat all the work. You guys and gals are all awesome, thanks for all the help and tips. I'll be back when the sequel comes out.

Don't go hollow.
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Re: APB on PhlyingDutchman!

Post by Buggy Virus on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:43 pm

You could report your gamertag to the authorities and see if they could ask microsoft to monitor if the gamertag ever goes online. Likely if it does, the people using it won't be the smartest lug and won't be on a secure network and it could be traced by the authorities and nab the burglars.

Just saying. Don't know Microsoft's policy of working with the cops though.

EDIT: don't know why I was saying microsoft and gamertag.

Last edited by Buggy Virus on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Positive votes received : 80
    Negative votes received : 74
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:44 pm

Oh no! That is horrible Dutch sad.

You could always stick around in the forums, it'd be a shame to have you disappear.

When discussing things, always strive to be as friendly and understanding as possible. When offensive, argumentative, or vague dialogues are used, it often causes the other readers to receive negative emotions from the post, which can create a toxic thread. If we all strive to be friendly and understanding, then we can avoid hurting peoples feelings happy.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:53 pm

man that sucks real bad, hope you save enough money to get a new ps3 or maybe just wait for the ps4.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:11 am

Damm that really sucks!no psn plus i guess? I ll try remember that name

Dark Souls addicted...I love our Fight Club!!!
    Fight Club Level 120 Thread
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t3178-fight-club-sl120-psn
    Fight Club Level 225 Thread
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t1472-fight-club-sl225-psn

his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:12 am

Sorry for you dude. I imagine how this sucker dies in the character selection screen twice and loses all humanity, then dies again.

Last edited by his1n- on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total

PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:13 am

@Buggy_Virus I did, and the police will get an injunction to make PSN give them the location of the IP address if it tries to connect. Since there was PSN maintenance today, that could be likely.

@berkut yeah I'll still be around, just won't be playing. I should still be able to offer advice and opinions here and there!

@Rant It's no big deal, as a grad student I haven't had a ton of time for video games anyway. (Dark souls being the notable exception). I'll probably wait for the PS4, or a sequel. Heck, I could get the PC version this fall. Thieves left my laptop sitting on the coffee table!

disapearow

Post by disapearow on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:51 pm

you have a room mate so i'm guessing u aint a lil kid right..? why dont u get a job and buy a new one sorry if i'm being rude just.. ps3 + dark souls wouldnt be that expensive stuff happens in life u gotta get back up son
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:08 pm

im going to guess he's a college student and most of his earnings are going to pay for that... and minimum wage is what 8$ an hour in the u.s now and a ps3 costs what... 300$? deducting food/living costs it'd probably take a few months of saving to get enough.

Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:19 pm

That's rough. If I see them online no mercy and maybe a message or two. Perhaps I can add your id to my friends list and see if anything shakes out

Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:20 pm

We should hold a fundraiser! We will pitch in gear and supplies so you can breeze by and have your stuff back!

PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:01 am

Yarxov wrote:We should hold a fundraiser! We will pitch in gear and supplies so you can breeze by and have your stuff back!

No no, please don't! I'm a graduate student with at least a reasonable stipend, so I'm not that poor. It's much more an issue of free time than disposable income. I just need to be judicious about what I spend my money on and can't justify replacing the PS3 at this time, since really all the time I've spent playing Dark Souls should have been spent doing research...

There is actually a reasonable chance that the police can track it down, too. They have the serial number, and PSN should flag the system if it tries to go online, and report the location of the IP address to the police. I've given the serial number to all the local GameStops, along with a list of the 14 stolen games in case the thieves are dumb enough to try to trade them all in together. I'm religiously checking craigslist and ebay for listings from my area, so unless they just want to play it offline, it should pop up on someone's radar.

Thanks for your support, though, and I'll let you know if I track it down! Hopefully they won't have erased the HDD!
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:06 am

You know I meant a Dark Souls fundraiser not a RL one right?

ie, you tell us what your Char had and we get it on ours then trade it down to you along with enough Consumable souls to give you a head start.

That's good you're not giving up so easily!

PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:40 am

Yarxov wrote:You know I meant a Dark Souls fundraiser not a RL one right?

ie, you tell us what your Char had and we get it on ours then trade it down to you along with enough Consumable souls to give you a head start.

That's good you're not giving up so easily!

Haha, no actually I didn't... but I'm still touched by your generosity! If I manage to retrieve my system and it's wiped, I just might take you up on that! Though really, there aren't that many pieces of gear that are too bad to get.

Now you've got me thinking about what a small fraction of the spoils of my adventuring is actually used regularly...
    Sunlight Blade is a little tricky because I like being a Darkmoon, but I'd kill Gwyn to make his sword anyway. One playthrough should get enough slabs for Elite Legs and Balder Side Sword, and farming the Lost Izalith titanite Demon for Demon titanite isn't even that bad. The only real challenge is Dark Armor, but I'd join the Darkwraiths first to go fight for some humanity. Saving Solaire would keep me from getting the Iron Helm, but last time I did it, I couldn't get a sunlight maggot, so I really don't think it's worth it other than for the novelty of watching Solaire v. Gwyn (hint: Gwyn wins).
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:08 am

I killed Solaire right off the bat and when I went to Izalith the last maggot I killed dropped the Sunlight helm.

PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:51 am

Yarxov wrote:I killed Solaire right off the bat and when I went to Izalith the last maggot I killed dropped the Sunlight helm.

Yeah, from a gear standpoint you shouldn't try to save him. When I went through the trouble to keep him alive in NG+ by opening the shortcut early, the red-eyed bug never showed up, so I picked up neither his Armor nor the Sunlight Maggot. Of course I'd traded mine from NG for the Witch's ring, so ToG was... less fun.
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:49 pm

Doesn't the Witch Ring only allow you to talk to Qualaan?

An I always do TotG with the lantern or blind, I only got the Helm once on accident and after I got Nito on a Char I didn't want to go to NG+ on xD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:39 pm