Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Dex for Pyromancer [Resolved?]

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dex for Pyromancer [Resolved?] Empty Dex for Pyromancer [Resolved?]

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:33 pm

I recently found that dex decreases cast time of pyromancies. Does this mean that dex is a legitimate stat for pyromancers? I looked up the recommended stat a while ago, and it was mostly Vit, Att, and End. I have a SL 60 pyromancer with about the following stats:

Vit: 27
    Att: 30 (I know, is wasted 2 stats into attunement...)
    End: 26 (I believe so. I'll edit this thread when I check later today)
    Str: 16
    Dex: 14
    Res: 12
    Int: 10
    Faith: 8

My question is this: Should I focus on putting stats into Dex when I go from 60-120? Or should I just keep pumping the stats into Vit, End, and Att?

I'd like to hear your opinions happy

Last edited by JoeBroski09 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Dex for Pyromancer [Resolved?] Empty Re: Dex for Pyromancer [Resolved?]

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:36 pm

With this video I think you can decide for yourself on just the speed you want it at. How focused do you plan on going with Pyromancy, like every fight you will be using it a lot? Or as sort of a back up?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:40 pm

You beat me to it. I was going to post that video!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:41 pm

*Blows the smoke off of his fingers*

Fastest fingers in the western part of the forums.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:42 pm

I like to think it's my staple. I have a lightning gargoyle halberd, and that's what I use at mobs, since I have all the chaos spells on me, so I don't have THAT many spells. I don't use it constantly, but I would say I use it about 50% of the time, and I'd like to max my attunement so I could use it more. If the boss is weak to fire, I'll usually save my spells for him and simply cakewalk it with Great Chaos Fireball, Chaos Firestorm, and Firestorm. If the boss is strong against fire, I'll switch my spells out for Fireballs, Orbs, and Great Fireall to kill the mobs.

Does this answer your question? Haha! I've seen that video, by the way. But It doesn't explain the difference in speed from 14 to 40. My dex is 14, so I have no idea the speed difference between my cast and the cast in the video.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:43 pm

That video should be bookmarked somewhere on the forums. It is really helpful for selecting the best dex for your build.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:46 pm

A simple way to do this is to compare yourself, note how fast the cast is at 40 from the video, and then cast it in game and see for yourself. However, I'll say it is a pretty huge difference. If you are planning on Doing PvP with Pyromancy you will definitely want to get up to the 40 range. But, never go above 45 of course.

Also just a heads up, the Chaos Pyromancies deal the same damage as regular Pyromancies, but have the lava trail. So a Tempest, or Great Fireball are actually a better option if you are on NG+ because you can stack them.

EDIT: Reim I've been planning a videos section of the Resources thread, I've just been needing to look up videos that can be really useful to people. This could be the start.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Yeah. I do NOT use the chaos pyromancies on mobs. No reason at ALL. And I can get enough Chaos spells on me for Smough and Ornstien, and Seath, both boss battles I've done over 30 times. And I don't run out of pyromancies when I use all my chaos spells. When they get more health, It makes sense I'd have to switch to the normal spells, because then I'd have more damage per slot.

Oh, btw, the base damage does go up I think with humanity? I'm not entirely sure... I just know 10+ humanity Chaos Firestorm can do 1.9k damage on seath reliably. The normal Firestorm does 1.1k reliably. So I prefer feeling like a boss and practically soloing Seath whenever I help another player.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:59 pm

Tempest does more damage. Chaos is tied with humanity, but it does less damage than regular pyromancies before the 10 humanity threshold. Tempest does more than Chaos Firestorm, and Great Fireball does I'm pretty sure the exact same damage as Chaos Fireball.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:02 pm

I have never heard of this spell. Why? Because I read an old pyromancer guide when I started my pyromancer. And of course, they didn't have all the spells in the guide... I've just recently beat the bed of chaos, so I should be able to get the spell from Qualana asap. Is it the same type of spell as firestorm? or?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:03 pm

Same exact type of spell, just stronger. Yeah, you may have to talk with her a few times but she'll give it to you. If you exhaust every option and she seems to be glitched, you can also kill her to get it. But of course, only do that as a last resort.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:08 pm

Oh, and I do think that Chaos Great Fireball and Great Fireball both do the same damage, too. I think I noticed that before, but I didn't really heed it.. because I was having too much fun killing giant Ornstein :3 I'll look into it later. the Afterlava probably tops it's damage up higher than Great Fireball. Like I said, I use the chaos on fire-weak bosses (Or bosses where my lightning gargoyl halberd isn't very effective). So I get less spells, but I kill the bosses as fast as possible.

And ya. I'd hate to kill a sister of Izalith. =,( I already accidentally killed The Fair Lady.... I tested out my Chaos Firestorm at the bonfire... I forgot that it actually did DAMAGE to my surroundings... So now I have 2 firekeeper souls, and no fire keeper. Because I have the firekeeper soul from Anor Londo after killing Quindolyne.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:09 pm

Well you still have the Firelink Fire Keeper at least.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:13 pm

Nope. I messed that up because I thought any firekeeper soul would work when I tried to revive Anastasia. I was poorly mistaken. I have estis +4, but now I have 2 firekeeper souls just... sittin around. Oh well. I heard that I keep everything for NG+, so I should be able to use the souls to reinforce my estis then.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:14 pm

Yep, in NG+ they'll all be back and you can use them then, you'll also keep your upgraded Estus.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:20 pm

Whoo! I recently got back into this game, and I'm suuuper excited for all the extra content. I played this game at release, when there was practically NO wiki. I tried to look up "Halberd Dark Souls" when I found the halberd, and all I got was a photo. NO info at all on the wiki. I ended up getting stuck at Quelaag. Why? Because I was a knight and I put a lot of my stats into Resistance. Because I thought THAT was the stat you needed to be a tank. My #2 character also got stuck on Quelaag. 'Cause I was an int. based pyromancer haha! And recently, my friend got it on the PS3, and I can't get enough. I listen to videos about the lore by EpicNameBro on youtube while playing for hours on end.

Offtopic, but ya. Love this game. And I've finally grasped the immense size of it once I finally got past Quelaag haha!

Last edited by JoeBroski09 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:20 pm

No mention of me?

Dex is something you want for pvp, seeing as mobs don't really bother to dodge and bosses are bug enough targets as it is. I've 50 dex because my G. Halberd+15 is amaaaaziiiing, and in the hunt I will nuke the crap out of people. I've never really seen the need fir more than 7 attunement slots though, but if your stacking great fireballs I can understand having 12.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:23 pm

Not every thread needs a shout out to the Gargoyle Man. silly

Yeah, it's a pretty great game, I know I'm absolutely addicted to it. As you can probably tell by my post count haha. If you are interested in chatting more there is always the Off-Topic section, or you could post a topic, or post in a topic if you find one about what people love about the game.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:24 pm

I'm absolutely in love with the G. Halberd! Haha! I put mine to lightning, which works out perfectly when I got no dex. I've picked up a project that will probably never be finished, which would be upgrading a crazy # of G. Halberds to max everything haha! I'll probably just make a fire max and a regular max, and be done with upgrading anymore G.Halberds.

And, ya, I will probably explore these forums quite a bit when I get time like this XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:04 am