Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
Specter737
Demi_God0415
bloodpixel
Robotech
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Akatik
Zakkia
jjshowal
aceluby
LordRevan
Halicarnassis
Jenova_X
FlamingHarlekin
Serious_Much
ZeGlobox
CrackSouls
ChizFreak
JohnnyHarpoon
Scudman_Slayer
Danthuyer
xXDaemonarchXx
User
lextune
Pharaun
Yarxov
Flubious
Mclovein
31 posters

u mad bro :(

aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

u mad bro :( - Page 2 Empty Re: u mad bro :(

Post by aceluby Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:26 am

Int build cutting off seath's tail in NG+. Man, was that a pain and when I finally did it it took like 20 minutes because he kept backing up against the wall.
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:28 am

Probably Capra Demon in the beginning or Quelaag (without summoning Maneater), I really didn't have too tough of a time with the Four Kings on my first playthrough, though I was slightly overleveled. O & S were supreme bastards.
    FlamingHarlekin
    FlamingHarlekin
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FlamingHarlekin Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:35 am

IMO all bosses are very easy but sometimes they just have this "i kill u with 1 hit lolololololol" *kills you*
    that really pisses me off too...

i cures you BOC....
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:48 am

Capra demon and his **** dogs!
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:49 am

Demon Firesage caused me unnecessary grief.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:12 pm

centipede, "i'll just stand in teh lava and spam my arm shot which you get hit by even if your 7 feet to the side of it trolololol!"
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:38 pm

well stray demon and his cousin fiseage are extremely easy once you learn their moves. On my 1st try ever, i died like 40 times or so.... but on ng+ i killed him in the 1st try, and it was not luck, i even did not use a flask. I lost all my respect for this boss ever since.

i'd say o+s is definitely the mother of battles
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:11 am

O+S was hard. I had to call in 2 other people to help me in ng+
    Demi_God0415
    Demi_God0415
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Demi_God0415 Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:27 am

i found giant skeletons and beast, as well as the knight archers more annoying now. in my first play through it was O&Smo, that was the first time i tried co op. i didn't have any trouble with the four kings in that same playthrough or any other playthroughs. i don't like the bed of chaos at all.
    Specter737
    Specter737
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Specter737 Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:36 am

Four kings for me was the worst. It was always a mad dash to knock out each one as they'd appear, because I knew (through painful but quick experience) that if I had to fight 2 or more, my fate was sealed.

Bed of chaos gave me no trouble. I've said it before, but the boss fight in general reminds me a lot of the Dragon God from Demon souls. Basically the key to the fight was to not be in the wrong place at the wrong time, otherwise, it's entirely possible to go the whole fight without being hit once. Bed of chaos' attacks have a very distinct and predictable pattern, leaving the biggest annoyance for me to be the dang floor crumbling.

I feel like most of the bosses are quite predictable, though Sif may be the exception to that... at least for me.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:40 am

Specter737 wrote:Four kings for me was the worst. It was always a mad dash to knock out each one as they'd appear, because I knew (through painful but quick experience) that if I had to fight 2 or more, my fate was sealed.

Bed of chaos gave me no trouble. I've said it before, but the boss fight in general reminds me a lot of the Dragon God from Demon souls. Basically the key to the fight was to not be in the wrong place at the wrong time, otherwise, it's entirely possible to go the whole fight without being hit once. Bed of chaos' attacks have a very distinct and predictable pattern, leaving the biggest annoyance for me to be the dang floor crumbling.

I feel like most of the bosses are quite predictable, though Sif may be the exception to that... at least for me.

I got swiped into the floor so many times. Sooooo frustrating.
    Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:49 am

Stray Demon and Demon Firesage. The fight always goes like this against them: join room, try to run to his back, bang. Get up, heal, he does the explosion attack, bang. Get up, get hit while healing, you died. Takes me a while to find my best form. Ornstein and Smough are a real pain, but the fight feels so epic that I never bother when I die.
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:05 pm

Blazefury wrote:Stray Demon and Demon Firesage. The fight always goes like this against them: join room, try to run to his back, bang. Get up, heal, he does the explosion attack, bang. Get up, get hit while healing, you died. Takes me a while to find my best form. Ornstein and Smough are a real pain, but the fight feels so epic that I never bother when I die.

if you want to even the score a bit, immidiately after hitting the floor you can run to either side of the arena and stay behind the pillars. stray demon will not aggro and you can heal or buff your weapon if you want in peace. plus you can initiate the figtht when he is moving away so you start the fight from the right position. or you can just play hardcore and not do any of these, up to you.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:24 pm

fire sage is easy to get stuck on the environment, there are two root clusters on either side of the room he can get caught on, then you just arrow him to death. Boc just got me killed, messed up on the jump into it...

@ bloodpixel, jeez i didn't know nito could look cute...
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:31 pm

The key to Firesage is to rush him. It's best that you fight him from the front, and not the back. He's faster, so staying at his back is too hard and leaves you vulnerable to his explosions. If you press right up to his belly, he will constantly do the butt slam attack, which is easily avoidable. Let him slam, and then punish.
    Sakkaku
    Sakkaku

Post by Sakkaku Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:58 pm

PoS Bed of Chaos. Just because I died about 2 times to the falling floor. 5 times to get the timing right to avoid his hands. Then I died an additional 3 times to jump on the branch in the middle correctly, but the kicker to the entire thing that pisses me off is that THERE IS NO BONFIRE EVEN CLOSE TO THE *^*&ING BOSS!
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:01 pm

Sakkaku wrote:PoS Bed of Chaos. Just because I died about 2 times to the falling floor. 5 times to get the timing right to avoid his hands. Then I died an additional 3 times to jump on the branch in the middle correctly, but the kicker to the entire thing that pisses me off is that THERE IS NO BONFIRE EVEN CLOSE TO THE *^*&ING BOSS!

Behind the hidden wall in the second building on the lava. It's not real close, but it's better than the one at the start of the area.

Just run through the flamers.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:04 pm

yep thats what i'm gonna do when i get home, squash that weird tree insect abomination.
    Demi_God0415
    Demi_God0415
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Demi_God0415 Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:14 pm

imo, it's safer to rush to the right side first. safe spot is the wall there. when going to the left side (her right side), behind the second tree is the safe spot. lure it to attack then rush, that's my stupid strategy. yeah, theres no bonfire near the boss fight, it's really frustrating. i always take the one with the titanite demon, go pass between his arms then roll.
    papael
    papael

Post by papael Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:10 pm

Copy and paste from the last hardest boss thread:

This is some interesting discussion because you realize that bosses with
    proper strategy become significantly easier, but if you don't know your
    best options, almost every boss in the game can be your doom.

------

When
    I faced the Capra Demon I had no idea what shield stability meant, and
    let's not even talk about poise. This game has a very bad habit of not
    giving you the most basic information about it's mechanics. I was
    playing for the first time with a wanderer. I had a low stab shield
    lvl0, 0 poise, and the monster was killing me in two hits. I didn't know
    rolling had invincibility that worked for a great number of attacks.
    When I rolled to evade his jumping attack I always did it too early (I
    thought I should get out of the way). Seeing the demon change the
    direction of his attack in the air to hit me was quite frustrating.

I
    was underleveled too. i didn't stay alive much so I was always loosing
    souls. Even some of those you can crack from your inventory. I had no
    idea about soul management. I took a bit of time to gain 3 levels and
    put it all on resistance because that's what I thought I was lacking. I
    really had no idea.

And I haven't even mentioned the dogs yet. I
    could only hope that after entering the fog door the capra and dog
    patterns would coincide so that I could take the dogs without a stunlock
    guardbreak or death combo. Going after the stairs?? The only thing I
    wanted was to remain as glued as possible to the door so that the other
    dog wouldn't rush me right from the start too.

Oh and Scimitar lvl0. I had to combo each dog to kill then. No one respects a scimitar lvl0 in this game.

------

I
    had similar experience with moonlight butterfly. entered the door and
    died numerous times. i had no idea how I was supposed to hit the
    creature. I didn't live long enough for it to rest in the bridge. Two
    things made the fight almost impossible here: use of a shield with
    minimum magic defense (information that is actually very clear in game)
    and ignorance of the roll invincibility.. I would take magic missiles to
    the chest (80% life of my char) every time not knowing what the hell I
    was supposed to do. I would never guess I was supposed to dive head
    first in the magic attack with a roll if I wanted to avoid getting hit.
    That's entirely counterintuitive. Once you know those basic things this
    boss is not even worth mentioning.

------

Ceaseless discharge is another example. You actually have 4 dificulty levels for this boss depending on how you fight him. Easy: take him to the fog door and make him fall. Hard: wait for him around the Gold Hemmed set area until he smashes you with his big arm. Roll dodge and hit the arm. Very hard:
    face him from short range. He will use a variety of hard to deal and
    hard to see tentacle attacks. I have no idea how to beat him like this. Extreme:
    Die once after you awake him. Enter the fog door again and don't go to
    the Gold Hemmed set altar. Try to face him from a distance or hide
    behind the cross section. If you can survive his fire discharges and
    long range him, you might as well try a simultaneous fight with all the four kings.

------

Sorry for text wall but no one is obliged to read anyway.
    Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:21 pm

Robotech wrote:
    Blazefury wrote:Stray Demon and Demon Firesage. The fight always goes like this against them: join room, try to run to his back, bang. Get up, heal, he does the explosion attack, bang. Get up, get hit while healing, you died. Takes me a while to find my best form. Ornstein and Smough are a real pain, but the fight feels so epic that I never bother when I die.

if you want to even the score a bit, immidiately after hitting the floor you can run to either side of the arena and stay behind the pillars. stray demon will not aggro and you can heal or buff your weapon if you want in peace. plus you can initiate the figtht when he is moving away so you start the fight from the right position. or you can just play hardcore and not do any of these, up to you.

I'll keep that in mind the next times. They're the smartest bosses out there. If you run away, they swipe at you. If you try to heal, they smash you. Come too close and he does the explosion attack. Nearly went mental but I've managed to beat them after a few tries each.
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:29 pm

Blazefury wrote:
    Robotech wrote:

I'll keep that in mind the next times. They're the smartest bosses out there. If you run away, they swipe at you. If you try to heal, they smash you. Come too close and he does the explosion attack. Nearly went mental but I've managed to beat them after a few tries each.

well definitely they are hard the 1st time you engage them (stray and fiseage) but only until you memorize their move/attack patterns. when that happens, you can literally keep them 'company' for an hour and not get hit at all, unless you are very unlucky and get stuck in a corner or something. Unlike other boss fights like o+s or boc where no matter what you do you are still going to get hit or even die easily.
    Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:42 pm

Robotech wrote:
    Blazefury wrote:
    Robotech wrote:

well definitely they are hard the 1st time you engage them (stray and fiseage) but only until you memorize their move/attack patterns. when that happens, you can literally keep them 'company' for an hour and not get hit at all, unless you are very unlucky and get stuck in a corner or something. Unlike other boss fights like o+s or boc where no matter what you do you are still going to get hit or even die easily.

Indeed. Especially Bed of Chaos. Never know when the ground is going to crumble under your feet...
    JRoma
    JRoma

Post by JRoma Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:58 pm

O&S is undoubtley harder.

But I may sound newbie, but killing the 1st bell gargolye single player is very hard without some farming. The 1st comes and its ok, but then the 2nd one arives with the flaming breath... it took me like 15 time to kill it.
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:42 am

JRoma wrote:O&S is undoubtley harder.

But I may sound newbie, but killing the 1st bell gargolye single player is very hard without some farming. The 1st comes and its ok, but then the 2nd one arives with the flaming breath... it took me like 15 time to kill it.

you're right... i also died alot even on my 2nd chars where i already had a much better feel for the game. you need some decent gear to beat them ...thank god solaire is always available for a summon winking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 pm