Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

My First Int Build

Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

My First Int Build Empty My First Int Build

Post by Blade of The Sun Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:57 pm

http://tinyurl.com/893jkzd

I wanted his weapon set to remind me of Sage Freke. So he has firestorm (upgraded) and a short dagger type weapon and a catalyst. I couldn't decide on a sorcery so I went with hidden weapon buff style. Note that the practicality of the R1 and L2 choices are just skill sets, and I did not come up with this build as to just jump straight in, rather just a brief look at a skill set I am looking at.

Q1: Is there a dagger that is longer than the others, otherwise I will stick to my piercing sword? (Might go with a rapier though.)

Q2: Anything horribly amiss with this build? Do you think this skill set is worth trying out?

Q3: The wiki stated something about a fire catalyst that can scale with int? What is that about?
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

My First Int Build Empty Re: My First Int Build

Post by Imarreteet23 Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:35 pm

A1. Not really. Daggers are used for primarily critical hits. However, if you want a dagger type weapon, then don't use the Estoc, it's too long.

A2. Nothing awful, but there can be some tweaks. You don't need 40 vit, 30-35 is good enough.

A3. I have no idea what that means. Maybe it was talking about magic adjust? Here is a page for that for catalysts. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Int-Faith+Catalyst+Magic+Adjustment+Values

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:18 pm

what about priscilla's dagger, im pretty sure it;s the biggest of all the daggers.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:33 pm

About the weapon, you could try the Mail Breaker. It's not the longest of the daggers but it IS the shortest of the rapiers winking
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:41 pm

He is talking about either the Demon Firesage Cat, or the Iza Cat. The Iza cat is from a time when the witches used sorcery, so it casts sorceries not Pyromancy. The Demon Firesage's Cat can deal fire damage with a melee strike, but I don't see why you'd want to fight like that. Otherwise it's just an average Catalyst.

Well the Jagged Ghost blade is decently long, but it is classified as a Curved sword. A long dagger? Prisc's is the longest I can think of. But still, with daggers you won't be finding range as a great option.
    Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:51 pm

I just wanted that in between length like sage Freke had. Thanks to the many suggestions. Definitely want to be in between a dagger and rapier as I have both and have judged the distance. Its mainly just for flavor though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:40 am