INT/melee build advice

ilovejuice

INT/melee build advice

Post by ilovejuice on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:56 am

Hi, im currently SL63 and I am going for something like http://tinyurl.com/6twot3v
    would you suggest changing anything in this build?
    I'm also wondering if moonlight greatsword is really the best choice for an INT build?
    And if I want to use zweihander (2-handed) or claymore as an additional weapon should i go for +15 with crystal magic weapon or elemental (and if ele - lightning, chaos or fire?) I'm open for all suggestions for other weapons/upgrades combinations happy
    I'll be grateful for help
    reim0027

Re: INT/melee build advice

Post by reim0027 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:32 pm

Are you doing PvP? This build will be hard to pull off in PvP. Those spells are easily avoided. It can work, but it requires some trickery. With 16 str and 10 dex, don't get a +15 weapon. It will be pretty weak. Make sure it is an elemental (Chaos if your humanity is 10+, or lightning otherwise). The MLGS will be the best bet here.

For PvE - that looks great. Obliterative (if that's even a word).

PvE suggestions:

• Have both Logans and TCC, so you can decide on power vs number of spells. My Int PvE build has Logans in the left, TCC in the right.
    • I would also ditch the Strong Magic Shield
    • Drop Int to 44. You don't get a significant increase at 45. OR, increase it to 50 and get Dragon's Breath.
    • Drop End as well, you don't need 40 with that build. 30 should be fine.
    • Use those extra points and get your Att to 23. That'll give you 6 spell slots.

So, I would change it to something like this (SL 100-106)
    Vit: 40
    Att: 23
    End: 30
    Str: 16
    Dex: 10
    Res: *
    Int: 44 OR 50 (not inbetween).
    Faith: *

But, that's my $0.02. You'll probably get a variety of opinions.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules

ilovejuice

Post by ilovejuice on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:27 pm

I wasn't doing much pvp, just tried a little bit lately and lost each battle - I have never done PvP before and I was hoping this build may do better ;p as you said my spells are 100% avoidable and due to lack of experience I'm killed easily with backstabs etc. For PvE it works really well tough. Thanks for your advice, I'll stick with that and change my claymore from enchanted to lightning or chaos to use for magic resistant enemies, still have to decide which path happy
    time to make a good PvP character soon big grin
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:11 am

http://tinyurl.com/6voy8d7

This build should fair fairly well in pvp. Use the Falchion with CMW do deal MASSIVE damage, then switch to another weapon upgraded to enchanted when that runs out. The soul spears will likely one shot or cripple most and the CHSM will keep people off your back. The build will function both as a melee fighter and a caster, but you can take some melee or casting ability away to strengthen the other.

Also visit the newbie page and don't be afraid to message me if you're new and need some advice. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/New+Player+Help

Duel Wielding Velka's Rapier http://tinyurl.com/73jfhgd

ilovejuice

Post by ilovejuice on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:14 am

I have invested into str for claymore/moonlight long time ago so I guess I'll just go with new charr for PvP and leave this one for pure PvE play. Thanks for advice anyway happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:26 am