I've given up on messaging.

SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I've given up on messaging.

Post by SlakeMoth on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:18 am

I know that this has been raised before but there doesn't seem to be any logic when it comes to reccommending messages in the game. Just last night I came across one at the beginning of the first walkway with the swinging blades in Sens. It read 'Danger Zone' and it had two +s. Why? It's pretty obvious that a walkway with swinging, razor sharp blades was a 'Danger Zone'. Another favourite is when you see a message directly in front of a lever which says 'Lever'. I know it's a bloody lever, I've got eyes! This one is doubly annoying because you have to toggle it off in order to pull the damned thing. Another favourite is when someone leaves 'Bonfire' directly in front of well, a bonfire, in plain sight.

I only leave messages if I think it might be useful to other players. e.g. 'Sniper Spot' in a place where you can use a bow effectively. This is handy for when I come back to the same place too as it saves shuffling around to find it again. The only other time I have put down a message is in the Darkroot Basin where I put down 'Safe Zone' at the water's edge so that other players would be able to avoid drowning as many times as I had before I found it. Did any of these messages get a +. No. Nothing, zilch, nada, so I've given up.
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Re: I've given up on messaging.

Post by Tolvo on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:22 am

The best messages to leave are always right in front of illusions, otherwise people usually just leave random messages around...I may be a perpetrator, Yesuurd will be happy to know in my Blight Town pit I have a message that says "Danger Zone!"

But I know what you mean, I leave useful messages all the time and get no ratings. Someone says "Here" at a bonfire. 120 ratings. I just don't get it. Prostration
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:33 am

Daaaaanger zooooone!!!! best message ever, agree on the lever thing but do not agree completely.I only agree on not posting it in front, it pisses me off to.The danger zone and lever message although obvious serve a purpose, mane new people do not see these things or know they can use a lever, not many people are aware of a place being dangerous either.The messages I disapprove are the ones like, jump here (to your death)
    or illusory wall when things are not true.

FC for life!!!
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:36 am

*Tolvo runs into the area above Andre and sees a message behind the altar.*

"Illusory Wall"

Tolvo-"Very funny *******, fool me once shame on you. Fool me a fiftieth time shame on me."
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:04 am

Theres a few reasons why your messages dont get ratings in his game.

1.You have to find the yellow soapstone: Ive played through dark souls twice before i found the merchant that sold the bloody thing and im sure plenty of players experienced the same.

2.This is the biggest one P2P servers: im not sure why Namco decided to go backwards and imput P2P servers, maybe because it's cheaper? Thats not fair i mean atlus stuck to dedicated when they carried the game to north America And thats why the majority of your messages in demons souls received at least 10 ratings most of the time. And thats why in demons souls it dident take 15 mins for your friends sign to appear on the ground for co-op.
    White Mamba
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by White Mamba on Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:08 am

Running through Anor Londo for the first time, finally kill the first 3 spear guys. Then halfway down the ramp to the next bit....'sniper spot'. Had a rating of about 10 so I thought it would help. Try to pull out my bow to see what I am supposed to shoot and get a dragonslayer arrow to the face.

I gave up at that moment
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:16 pm

Haha, The lever messages are irritating, but sometimes I miss levers completely, I didn't find the lever to go up on top of the Very first tower with the stone throwers and Fat official until I beat the Dragon God >.< walked by that lever a good 10 times.

Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:29 pm

I mostly leave messages that are inside jokes, or in cool spots for other people who know the area already. Like putting a ton of "Despairs" in a pattern around the fire keeper soul in the Undead Burg to make an intense effect for those playing on my server as they see this huge pattern of messages around whoever that fire keeper was.

Positive votes received : 80
    Negative votes received : 74
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:51 pm

I'm tempted to put trick messages in places like Sens "Run straight through" messages. I never do, but still.

Johannsny
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Johannsny on Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:36 pm

I love the ones on the invisible walkways. I always + those, no matter what they say.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:25 am