Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Uparkaam
Sulfur
bloodpixel
reim0027
Buggy Virus
Sebastrd
Tolvo
ErrJon6661
12 posters

No one can ever complain about the Four Kings being hard againt... EVER.

ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

No one can ever complain about the Four Kings being hard againt... EVER. Empty No one can ever complain about the Four Kings being hard againt... EVER.

Post by ErrJon6661 Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:29 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=fAX96zNv17Y

I feel like such a loser for maxing poise, using the dwg ring and a lightning weapon every time.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

No one can ever complain about the Four Kings being hard againt... EVER. Empty Re: No one can ever complain about the Four Kings being hard againt... EVER.

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:34 am

Psshh, that's not so hard to do.

Now excuse me while I find a video of someone doing cooler and claim that was me in the video, on an alternate account, and that I forgot my password so that I can't upload any more videos on it.
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

No one can ever complain about the Four Kings being hard againt... EVER. Empty Re: No one can ever complain about the Four Kings being hard againt... EVER.

Post by Sebastrd Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:39 pm

Aside from being incredible, this is a great video because it shows exactly how to dodge and avoid the 4 Kings attacks. This will be extremely useful in later playthroughs.

It really reminds me of the boss fight videos you could buy from the librarian in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:50 pm

I never found it particularly hard to dodge their attacks. I always got caught by the grab attack which was the most frustrating thing for me. I think my very first fight against the four kings I got onto the last one before they used their AoE magic attack on a player with 11 vitality.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:14 pm

My biggest problem with the 4 kings is depth perception. I can be right next to them and completely miss. I have to run into them, and then attack. It is frustrating.

This video looks great. Thanks for posting it.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:33 pm

"Hey did you hear that fell 50 stories and didn't die?"
    "Wow. No one can complain about heights again!"
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:11 pm

Just killed them on a fat rolling Stone Knight cosplay toon, it was pretty simple. Though at one point the last one kept backing off, and then three more spawned and finally they all charged me. Thankfully I hit all three at once which drained their last HP haha.
    Sulfur
    Sulfur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sulfur Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:22 pm

Lol, I'm at the point where I can just tank them silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:23 pm

Well that's what I did on that toon, the only issue is I had 15 Vitality, and I was using Stone Armor.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:29 pm

I can totally tank them too. They take only over half of my health with a single hit.

You know something is wrong when Beatrice is better tank than you.
    Rassa
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Rassa Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:10 pm

Really impressive, but what makes 4 kings hard is when they spam certain attacks. They never used the area nuke or the homing purple **** which i seems to be the ONLY spells they use against me. Their melee and grab attacks are jokes.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:54 pm

The other hard part is when you don't kill the first one fast enough.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:59 am

I feel inadiquate....
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:14 am

Rassa wrote:Really impressive, but what makes 4 kings hard is when they spam certain attacks. They never used the area nuke or the homing purple **** which i seems to be the ONLY spells they use against me. Their melee and grab attacks are jokes.

If you stick very close to them they'll only use Melee attacks and the AOE, which is pretty easy to identify. It's when you get distance between them that they start using ranged magic like the homing purple death ****.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:13 pm

^This. You have to bait the attacks you want, and as much as possible avoid placing yourself in a position that will trigger ones you don't. The homing mass is tricky not to bait, sometimes, because the King can spawn really far from you and throw it then. But if you get lucky and they always spawn near you, then you can do the whole fight controlling which attacks they don't do.

And you see it wasn't his first attempt either, so it's possible a homing mass got him in a previous fight! Sometimes you can't control everything...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 pm