Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

    Share
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

    Post by ChizFreak on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:09 pm

    I recently got infected successfully for the first time (as I said in a previous topic) and I gathered some info about infections, it's not much but it's something.

    Looks like there is a timer or something that separates infections, that means you can't get infected right after you got "Des-infected" by the death of the gravelord. I say this because after killing the gravelord and stopping the curse, when I was back in my world I used the Dried Finger, and the INSTANT I used it, 2 BPs hollow soldiers appeared and a sign next to them. It was the same gravelord I killed before but he started channeling the curse again. I killed him again ( silly) and then the curse stopped again. Back in my world I used the dried finger once more, I didn't get infected immeadiatly but after a while the BP hollows appeared. This time I took them some photos, after a while, a message appeared saying that the "Disasters" are gone and all that and in the same instant the BPs died (not disappeared, they awarded souls).

    BPs have the same drops their standard versions have (the bps hollows dropped their broken shields, it's not a 100% drop anyway).

    This something almost everyone knows but just to state it, BPs respawn when resting at a bonfire.

    When killing a gravelord in their world as a spirit of vengeance you get a Eye of death.

    Nothing else. Thanks for reading!

    P.S: I'm going to upload some photos of the black phantom to the gravelord covenant page in the wiki.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 2525
    Reputation : 182
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 43
    Location : The 3rd place.

    Re: Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

    Post by Maneater_Mildred on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:40 pm

    Why is it that when your waiting for a bus, you wait ages and then 2 turn up.

    3 in a row you lucky bugga. Didnt think about using dried finger after the few times ive run into them. Thanks for waking my brain up.


    _________________
    01010111 01010100 01000110:
    01000001 00100000 01101000 01101001 01100100 01100100 01100101 01101110 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101111 01101101 00100000 01110011 01110000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 01110011 00100000 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110010 01100001 01101110 00101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010011 01101000 01100001 01100100 01101111 01110111 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01110010 01101001 01110110 01100101 01100100 00100001
    avatar
    Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 37
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-01-22
    Age : 24
    Location : I don't know.I don't have a map

    Re: Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

    Post by Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:53 pm

    So that's what the dried finger are for.I always thought it was something to trade to snuggly.Gonna keep that in mind when ever i get infected.
    avatar
    d15-149
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 101
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Age : 45
    Location : MN, USA

    Re: Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

    Post by d15-149 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:59 pm

    Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein wrote:So that's what the dried finger are for.I always thought it was something to trade to snuggly.Gonna keep that in mind when ever i get infected.

    Yep, dried finger resets the timer invasion. Keep the PvP rolling!
    avatar
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 244
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-01-22
    Location : The Abyss

    Re: Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

    Post by Teh_hapy_octopus on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:19 pm

    i never knew what a dried finger did until now i thought you just traded with snugly


    _________________
    (PSN) teh_hapy_octopus big grin

    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5753
    Reputation : 193
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

    Post by User on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:36 pm

    The Dried Fingers, like the Eye of Death, is a 'Drawer' form the outside worlds, meaning it makes Darkwraiths, gravelords, and other such things enter your world. it is a way for PvP to be more quick for players, instead of waiting.
    avatar
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2648
    Reputation : 60
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 104
    Location : Las Noches, Hueco Mundo

    Re: Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

    Post by DxV04 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:57 pm

    @Chiz..

    This is great information! I will definitely try this out. If you don't mind I will post your findings in the how to use the eye of death thread at prepare to die.
    Thanks for sharing!!
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

    Post by ChizFreak on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:16 am

    DxV04 wrote:@Chiz..

    This is great information! I will definitely try this out. If you don't mind I will post your findings in the how to use the eye of death thread at prepare to die.
    Thanks for sharing!!

    Of course, post them anywhere you want. Someone please put this info in the wiki too. I uploaded a photo in the wiki of the Hollow Black Phantom I saw in the Gravelord Covenant page.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    bending_sinister
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 26
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-01-19

    Re: Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

    Post by bending_sinister on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:36 am

    On several occasions lately I've had multiple gravelord signs down in my world. I'd kill one and I'd still be infected by the other one. It seems multiple infection is possible.
    avatar
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 590
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-01-25
    Location : Canada, eh

    Re: Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

    Post by CrackSouls on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:50 am

    Any one try to use the Eyes of Death and have issues? I tried using it in painted World recently at SL56 and no one invaded me... I got invaded by Darkwraiths after a while, but that's it.


    _________________
    PSN: Glennie67
    avatar
    bending_sinister
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 26
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-01-19

    Re: Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

    Post by bending_sinister on Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:01 am

    CrackSouls wrote:Any one try to use the Eyes of Death and have issues? I tried using it in painted World recently at SL56 and no one invaded me... I got invaded by Darkwraiths after a while, but that's it.

    It's your SL - I play exclusively Painted World at 120 and there are constantly Gravelords who are basically hosting duels. The cool thing is, the phantoms have been lining up and waiting their turn for the most part - only engaging the Gravelord 1v1. It's awesome, and most of the Gravelord's are forces to be reckoned with.
    avatar
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2648
    Reputation : 60
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 104
    Location : Las Noches, Hueco Mundo

    Re: Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

    Post by DxV04 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:11 am

    CrackSouls wrote:Any one try to use the Eyes of Death and have issues? I tried using it in painted World recently at SL56 and no one invaded me... I got invaded by Darkwraiths after a while, but that's it.


    I am curious, where you standing near the bonfire in the area? I went from sl 49 to sl 55 then i started seeing action so what CrackSouls wrote is accurate but important also is where are you standing so people can see your sign.
    avatar
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 438
    Reputation : 17
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mexico City

    Re: Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

    Post by Doelker on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:49 pm

    Hi guys. I have a question regarding world cursing. Yesterday I cursed the painted world and after a couple of minutes one guy as blue phantom invaded me.
    I killed him and got one eye of death.
    Minutes later he invaded me again and killed him one more time.
    Then, the same guy for the third time, and again, got killed.
    I earned three eyes in total.
    After that my buddy got to the painted world ans summoned me to do coop.
    (Not farming, just boss runs).
    So the question is, did I probably cursed the world of the guy that kept invading me?
    He was invading as a blue phantom every time.


    _________________
    PSN: xBlutEngeLx
    XBG: qI Lone Wolf Ip
    avatar
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 438
    Reputation : 17
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mexico City

    Re: Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

    Post by Doelker on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:54 pm

    By the way my SL is 71. So I in a period of 30 mins or so I got invaded 3 times by the same guy. Never got invaded by a darkwraith. And I used the eye in the Painted World.


    _________________
    PSN: xBlutEngeLx
    XBG: qI Lone Wolf Ip
    avatar
    meridam99
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 995
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 42
    Location : Sitting

    Re: Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

    Post by meridam99 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:16 pm

    Moving this to the Archives so it won't get lost in all the threads. Some good info here!

    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5753
    Reputation : 193
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

    Post by User on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:47 pm

    Due to the Red Phantoms and Blue Phantoms able to kill each other... can two blue phantoms kill each other as well?

    Just saying, it would be interesting to see players kill each other. I would know, but no such luck of Blues coming to my world is always not so...
    avatar
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2648
    Reputation : 60
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 104
    Location : Las Noches, Hueco Mundo

    Re: Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

    Post by DxV04 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:05 pm

    Doelker wrote:Hi guys. I have a question regarding world cursing. Yesterday I cursed the painted world and after a couple of minutes one guy as blue phantom invaded me.
    I killed him and got one eye of death.
    Minutes later he invaded me again and killed him one more time.
    Then, the same guy for the third time, and again, got killed.
    I earned three eyes in total.
    After that my buddy got to the painted world ans summoned me to do coop.
    (Not farming, just boss runs).
    So the question is, did I probably cursed the world of the guy that kept invading me?
    He was invading as a blue phantom every time.

    If you got eyes of death from him he defintely invaded you via your gravelord sign. Whether you produced BP in his world that you would have to ask him.
    avatar
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2648
    Reputation : 60
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 104
    Location : Las Noches, Hueco Mundo

    Re: Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

    Post by DxV04 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:07 pm

    Acidic_Cook wrote:Due to the Red Phantoms and Blue Phantoms able to kill each other... can two blue phantoms kill each other as well?

    Just saying, it would be interesting to see players kill each other. I would know, but no such luck of Blues coming to my world is always not so...

    I tried to attack another SoV and could not hurt him.
    avatar
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 438
    Reputation : 17
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mexico City

    Re: Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

    Post by Doelker on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:58 pm

    DxV04 wrote:
    Doelker wrote:Hi guys. I have a question regarding world cursing. Yesterday I cursed the painted world and after a couple of minutes one guy as blue phantom invaded me.
    I killed him and got one eye of death.
    Minutes later he invaded me again and killed him one more time.
    Then, the same guy for the third time, and again, got killed.
    I earned three eyes in total.
    After that my buddy got to the painted world ans summoned me to do coop.
    (Not farming, just boss runs).
    So the question is, did I probably cursed the world of the guy that kept invading me?
    He was invading as a blue phantom every time.

    If you got eyes of death from him he defintely invaded you via your gravelord sign. Whether you produced BP in his world that you would have to ask him.

    It would be great if there was some kind of message telling you that you succesfully cursed someone else' s world. Like when you are trying to invade or being summoned.


    _________________
    PSN: xBlutEngeLx
    XBG: qI Lone Wolf Ip

    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5753
    Reputation : 193
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

    Post by User on Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:25 pm

    DxV04 wrote:
    Acidic_Cook wrote:Due to the Red Phantoms and Blue Phantoms able to kill each other... can two blue phantoms kill each other as well?

    Just saying, it would be interesting to see players kill each other. I would know, but no such luck of Blues coming to my world is always not so...

    I tried to attack another SoV and could not hurt him.

    Well That's a fine shame. We could use gravelords for a PVP Nexus, where there can be five players, and the winner kills the Gravelord. Or tries to, at least. That would have been an interesting experiment indeed.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:32 pm