Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
DxV04
User
Teh_hapy_octopus
d15-149
Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein
Maneater_Mildred
ChizFreak
11 posters

Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections Empty Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

Post by ChizFreak Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:09 pm

I recently got infected successfully for the first time (as I said in a previous topic) and I gathered some info about infections, it's not much but it's something.

Looks like there is a timer or something that separates infections, that means you can't get infected right after you got "Des-infected" by the death of the gravelord. I say this because after killing the gravelord and stopping the curse, when I was back in my world I used the Dried Finger, and the INSTANT I used it, 2 BPs hollow soldiers appeared and a sign next to them. It was the same gravelord I killed before but he started channeling the curse again. I killed him again ( silly) and then the curse stopped again. Back in my world I used the dried finger once more, I didn't get infected immeadiatly but after a while the BP hollows appeared. This time I took them some photos, after a while, a message appeared saying that the "Disasters" are gone and all that and in the same instant the BPs died (not disappeared, they awarded souls).

BPs have the same drops their standard versions have (the bps hollows dropped their broken shields, it's not a 100% drop anyway).

This something almost everyone knows but just to state it, BPs respawn when resting at a bonfire.

When killing a gravelord in their world as a spirit of vengeance you get a Eye of death.

Nothing else. Thanks for reading!

P.S: I'm going to upload some photos of the black phantom to the gravelord covenant page in the wiki.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections Empty Re: Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

Post by Maneater_Mildred Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Why is it that when your waiting for a bus, you wait ages and then 2 turn up.

3 in a row you lucky bugga. Didnt think about using dried finger after the few times ive run into them. Thanks for waking my brain up.
    Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein
    Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein
    Casual
    Casual

Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections Empty Re: Some info I gathered about gravelords and infections

Post by Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:53 pm

So that's what the dried finger are for.I always thought it was something to trade to snuggly.Gonna keep that in mind when ever i get infected.
    d15-149
    d15-149

Post by d15-149 Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:59 pm

Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein wrote:So that's what the dried finger are for.I always thought it was something to trade to snuggly.Gonna keep that in mind when ever i get infected.

Yep, dried finger resets the timer invasion. Keep the PvP rolling!
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Teh_hapy_octopus Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:19 pm

i never knew what a dried finger did until now i thought you just traded with snugly
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:36 pm

The Dried Fingers, like the Eye of Death, is a 'Drawer' form the outside worlds, meaning it makes Darkwraiths, gravelords, and other such things enter your world. it is a way for PvP to be more quick for players, instead of waiting.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:57 pm

@Chiz..

This is great information! I will definitely try this out. If you don't mind I will post your findings in the how to use the eye of death thread at prepare to die.
    Thanks for sharing!!
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:16 am

DxV04 wrote:@Chiz..

This is great information! I will definitely try this out. If you don't mind I will post your findings in the how to use the eye of death thread at prepare to die.
    Thanks for sharing!!

Of course, post them anywhere you want. Someone please put this info in the wiki too. I uploaded a photo in the wiki of the Hollow Black Phantom I saw in the Gravelord Covenant page.
    bending_sinister
    bending_sinister

Post by bending_sinister Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:36 am

On several occasions lately I've had multiple gravelord signs down in my world. I'd kill one and I'd still be infected by the other one. It seems multiple infection is possible.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:50 am

Any one try to use the Eyes of Death and have issues? I tried using it in painted World recently at SL56 and no one invaded me... I got invaded by Darkwraiths after a while, but that's it.
    bending_sinister
    bending_sinister

Post by bending_sinister Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:01 am

CrackSouls wrote:Any one try to use the Eyes of Death and have issues? I tried using it in painted World recently at SL56 and no one invaded me... I got invaded by Darkwraiths after a while, but that's it.

It's your SL - I play exclusively Painted World at 120 and there are constantly Gravelords who are basically hosting duels. The cool thing is, the phantoms have been lining up and waiting their turn for the most part - only engaging the Gravelord 1v1. It's awesome, and most of the Gravelord's are forces to be reckoned with.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:11 am

CrackSouls wrote:Any one try to use the Eyes of Death and have issues? I tried using it in painted World recently at SL56 and no one invaded me... I got invaded by Darkwraiths after a while, but that's it.

I am curious, where you standing near the bonfire in the area? I went from sl 49 to sl 55 then i started seeing action so what CrackSouls wrote is accurate but important also is where are you standing so people can see your sign.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi guys. I have a question regarding world cursing. Yesterday I cursed the painted world and after a couple of minutes one guy as blue phantom invaded me.
    I killed him and got one eye of death.
    Minutes later he invaded me again and killed him one more time.
    Then, the same guy for the third time, and again, got killed.
    I earned three eyes in total.
    After that my buddy got to the painted world ans summoned me to do coop.
    (Not farming, just boss runs).
    So the question is, did I probably cursed the world of the guy that kept invading me?
    He was invading as a blue phantom every time.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:54 pm

By the way my SL is 71. So I in a period of 30 mins or so I got invaded 3 times by the same guy. Never got invaded by a darkwraith. And I used the eye in the Painted World.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:16 pm

Moving this to the Archives so it won't get lost in all the threads. Some good info here!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:47 pm

Due to the Red Phantoms and Blue Phantoms able to kill each other... can two blue phantoms kill each other as well?

Just saying, it would be interesting to see players kill each other. I would know, but no such luck of Blues coming to my world is always not so...
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:05 pm

Doelker wrote:Hi guys. I have a question regarding world cursing. Yesterday I cursed the painted world and after a couple of minutes one guy as blue phantom invaded me.
    So the question is, did I probably cursed the world of the guy that kept invading me?

If you got eyes of death from him he defintely invaded you via your gravelord sign. Whether you produced BP in his world that you would have to ask him.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:07 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Due to the Red Phantoms and Blue Phantoms able to kill each other... can two blue phantoms kill each other as well?

Just saying, it would be interesting to see players kill each other. I would know, but no such luck of Blues coming to my world is always not so...

I tried to attack another SoV and could not hurt him.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:58 pm

DxV04 wrote:
    Doelker wrote:Hi guys. I have a question regarding world cursing. Yesterday I cursed the painted world and after a couple of minutes one guy as blue phantom invaded me.

If you got eyes of death from him he defintely invaded you via your gravelord sign. Whether you produced BP in his world that you would have to ask him.

It would be great if there was some kind of message telling you that you succesfully cursed someone else' s world. Like when you are trying to invade or being summoned.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:25 pm

DxV04 wrote:
    Acidic_Cook wrote:Due to the Red Phantoms and Blue Phantoms able to kill each other... can two blue phantoms kill each other as well?

I tried to attack another SoV and could not hurt him.

Well That's a fine shame. We could use gravelords for a PVP Nexus, where there can be five players, and the winner kills the Gravelord. Or tries to, at least. That would have been an interesting experiment indeed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 am