Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Tolvo
Quarik
billy_bayonet
7 posters

rock and a hardplace

billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

rock and a hardplace Empty rock and a hardplace

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:47 pm

got to anor londo earler dropped the bridge and got invaded, just as the second gargoyle turns up im sl 118 on ng+ soo not that easy to kill, what insues is a ten minute running away session from gargoyle and invader resulting in me running turnin swinging running, if the invader could of heard me all he'd hear was RUN AWAAAAAAAAAAY!!!, eventually i killed gargoyle much to the dismay of the invader who then decided role reversal so he spent next 10 mins running away, he killed me in the end just thought this was a rather fun experience, one of the more funnier invasions ive had happen to me, reason i bring it up what would you say your funniest moment through invasions would be?
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

rock and a hardplace Empty Re: rock and a hardplace

Post by Quarik Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:51 pm

Recently I've been seeing a massive influx of farmers falling off of cliffs in darkroot. It's been grand.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:54 pm

ive had one guy back stab in the forest killed me and then did the well what is it gesture....he walkedright of the cliff.....i was like HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:05 pm

Very nice, I think the fact you survived that long on NG+ with a Gargoyle on your *** means you were actually the victor haha.

Yes, I've been between Havel and a Hardplace quite a few times in this game. Recently I invaded a guy in the PW and landed on the bridge, in front of a host with a great shield, I was SL 63. So, he naturally tries to kick, and kick, and kick, but I just DWGR flip right on and survive. Eventually he decides, "Hey, I should hit him!" So he swings his BKGA and I flipped forwards like usual. His axe hit the side and he got the deflected animation, which means you can roll through him for that second. So I suddenly was behind him and pivot BS'ed him, kicking him right off and into the abyss. I waved to him as I watched him vanish, and of course I got Indicted. Remember, you can make it through anything as long as your enemy is an idiot.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:22 pm

hahah that is brilliant!!!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:27 pm

I'd say it's more chance that brilliance really. See all I ever do is test out all sorts of different tactics, and if one works I remember that, if it doesn't I remember that as well. It's kind of like having a bunch of monkeys on typewriters eventually making works of art really. I can't tell you how long it took for me to find a counter to the bridge kickers haha.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:37 pm

soo proper shakespear moment?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:38 pm

I asked the spawn camper, "To be, or not to be." He answered not.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:49 pm

lols if only you could hold the skull lantern up with it facing you.......
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:05 pm

1st of all I hate when people invade me when i am facing actual enemies. I would have to say my funniest invasion was when i invaded this kid and his phantom and we just started hitting each other with our fists. They gave me a crap load of items and they both rolled off a ledge in the end. so i guess i got lucky there.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:09 pm

what i hate is when an enemy rushing through the level and stands in a cluster of enemies, but that just another tactic if we was actually in the game for real youd do whateva it takes to not get killed, soo cant blame them for it but cant condone them eitha, i just thought it was funny
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:06 pm

eh invaders need pretty much every advantage they can get but if i invade and i see its just someone solo and they are struggling to kill an enemy i dont attack i just wait. a lot of the time they end up getting killed by the mobs. i still feel bad lol
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:35 pm

i had another laughable moment just now was in the demon ruins running down to firesage, get invaded so i turn around and head top of the stairs not knowing i had entered the agro zone for the tauras invader comes we bow fight insues, next thing i know im getting hammered by the taurus so i leg it away only to be face to face with 2 capra demons, sooo now i have 2 capras 1 taurus and one highly amused invader....who kinda just ran around me in circles without attacking while i was being destroyed by the 3 enemies so i spammed wog 3casts of that and the demons were dead, invaders response backstab followed by well what is it gester......only i didnt die i got up and kicked him off the edge, sent him a message saying THIS IS SPARTAAAAA.....i lolled all the way back to bonfire
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:39 pm

my best invasion ever was in invaded New Londo Ruins, and i see 2 sunbros and host right across the first narrow bridge. sun bros make charge at me, host falls off ledge. both sunbros shrug and i bow.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:42 pm

thats awesome!
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:27 pm

I invaded the same person three times in a row in the demon ruins. First time, I notice that all of the enemies are not in the correct places, but none of them are moving or attacking. I look around and don't see the target anywhere. So I assume he must be down by the bonfire hiding. I run down there and see an out of place demon on the ledge. I had been paying attention and all of the demons were accounted for, clearly this must be a chameleon. I take a swing and expect a battle to ensue. The demon shatters, but I don't see anyone there. I am now supere confused. All of the sudden the enemies on the stairs start attacking something, then the taurus demon at the bottom does as well. Then they all stop. I have not idea what just happened, but I start down that way. Can't find the target. Then all the enemies on the stairs start attacking in sequence again, and then nothing. I head back up. I start to think that maybe there is a glitch and I can't see or attack the target. Finally, I catch a brief gimpse of him/her and realize they must be using the fog ring. First time I had come accross it actually being used. So, I spent about 15 minutes total trying to find them and then another 5 minutes chasing them back and forth up and down the stairs trying to hit them. Not once did they try to hit me. Just kept running back and forth.

Same thing happened each time I invaded, but at least on the repeats I knew what was going on. Good times.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:25 am