Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

New to Demon's Souls and....

SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

New to Demon's Souls and.... Empty New to Demon's Souls and....

Post by SublimeSinner Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:39 pm

it's pretty sloppy compared to to Dark Souls. I'm sure flames appeared in a few people eyes when I said that. I don't really care about graphics as that usually only trends up over time. The game play is just sloppy and that's enough to drive me away. I know in my region this my last chance to play it with others. But honestly after playing with Dark Souls combat system, it's not even interesting to play after you learn the tendency. I sure there are a few who will try to tell me about shiny things to find that you think may perk my interest. That will not be the case as I don't really care to know after seeing most of the weapon move sets. I know this was their first attempt with these mechanics, but *** it. Enjoy your last days online in North America. Waste of $20 for those interested in getting it. If you do really want it, be a mage and stay below 30% HP all the time :/ . Good Luck, (yes I made it to NG+)
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

New to Demon's Souls and.... Empty Re: New to Demon's Souls and....

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:05 pm

>Comparing it to dark souls
    >Demon Souls came out in 2009
    >Dark Souls came out in 2011

[modedit: flaming]
    SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Thanks for your input.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:25 pm

Anytime, noobie. I recommend using logic next time you think about making a post so that you don't come across as [modedit]. Namely, that you can't compare something negavetively to the thing that came after it because HOLY JESUS OF COURSE ITS GOING TO WORSE HAVE I BLOWN YOUR MIND YET?
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:25 pm

I suppose it's each to his own. I was still playing Demons Souls when Dark souls came out, and I can safely say the controls in dark Souls did, and still do to this day, feel as if they lag a little or are heavier. Maybe it's for realism but I think Demons Souls was basically faster at most things, other than combat in some places. It's definitely worth the money it costs no matter the graphics or gameplay setbacks (As Wade said, it was made in 2009).

Also, mages had it easy as hell as long as they kept some spice on them. The bosses in Demons were MUCH harder at their respective levels than those in Dark Souls, and trying to fight them using a wanderer starting class was near impossible without some serious farming before hand. I can breeze through Dark Souls, but as soon as I come across Flamelurker or The False King I get my *** kicked if I haven't thoroughly prepared a plan ahead of time.

But as I said, each to his own. Many DeS players find DkS easier, while the reverse is true for those who started with DkS.
    SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:28 pm

I find that quite a few games have worse follow up games compared to their original :/ . [modedit:flaming]
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:32 pm

SublimeSinner wrote:I find that quite a few games have worse follow up games compared to their original :/ .

Its not about being worse. You're saying that Demon Souls is sloppy compared to Dark Souls (well no sugar sherlock, Demon Souls was the first souls game made so they were still figuring out the mechanics) and complaining. What did you expect? Its like me saying the the original castlevania sucks because the graphics are so **** compared to todays castlevanias. Can you see how non-sensical that is? Sorry to be flaming, bu tnothing urks me more than people being idiots.

Edit: you can compare a game to successor on the grounds of game mechanics but you can't compare them on the stuff like "sloppiness" Do you get my point?
    SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:37 pm

You aren't improving and are making weird arguments.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:39 pm

SublimeSinner wrote:You aren't improving and are making weird arguments.

How about making an informed reply then, if my arguments are weak? Why not explain to me why I'm wrong and how you can call out a game for being bad because its successor is better than it?

This thread is pointless.

Edit: lets put this in a format you can can understand.

Base your judgement of a game on the merits of the game itself alone, ignoring games from the series' future. Can you understand this?
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:14 pm

Thread locked for flaming. Please refer to our forum rules when posting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:49 am