Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
deadagain
Buggy Virus
Carphil
teriases
8 posters

Solaire of Astora, Leroy Bugged...?

teriases

Solaire of Astora, Leroy Bugged...? Empty Solaire of Astora, Leroy Bugged...?

Post by teriases Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:20 am

Hi guys, I am on my first play though and I think my game might be bugged... I am almost at the end of the game.

I only seen Astora at the large bridge with the dragon, where you first encounter him. I have never seen him again...

To continue his quest line, do you need to summon him into a boss fight? Or will he appear again without you summoning him to a boss fight?

As for Leroy... I been all over Giant's Tomb and Catacombs... I never seen him anywhere... I think this could be bugged too... sad

Just wondering, thanks.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Solaire of Astora, Leroy Bugged...? Empty Re: Solaire of Astora, Leroy Bugged...?

Post by Carphil Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:24 am

To summon Solaire and be invaded by Leeroy, you need to be in human form, and the area boss must be alive. If still they don't show up, it bugged, dunno.

As for Solaire at the end of the game, if you want him alive to help you out with Gwyn, you need to enter the chaos covenant, rank up to +2, use the secret door before entering Lost Izalith and kill all chaos bugs to prevent Solaire death. If you have already beaten Lost izalith, I'm afraid you will have to find Solaire there and kill him.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Solaire of Astora, Leroy Bugged...? Empty Re: Solaire of Astora, Leroy Bugged...?

Post by Buggy Virus Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:26 am

You need to summon leroy first. His summon sign is before pinwheel on one of the ledges you need to drop down to in the general catacombs area. If you don't try jumping you won't find it progressing normally through the catacombs
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:28 am

Are you human while in catacombs and TOG? I think for Leroy to invade in TOG u have to summon him for Pinwheel fight in catacombs.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:34 am

Oh and for solaire, after meeting him on the bridge you next see him at anor londo.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:43 am

No, you don't need to summon Leeroy, he will appear in Tomb of giants in the same way, as long you are human and Nito is alive
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:58 pm

I don't think you need to ever summon Solaire for him to keep progressing, but you do need to talk to him in every location he appears.

And for Leeroy, you don't need to summon him in Catacombs for him to invade you in the Tomb of Giants. Only need to be human, and he can only invade before you've killed Nito (like any other invasion; must be human and have the area boss alive).
    teriases

Post by teriases Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:09 pm

Yea u see that's the thing. I saw him once, but I never saw him again... I read the wiki about him and his encounters. But pretty much after the first meeting I never saw him :p

ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:50 pm

teriases wrote:Yea u see that's the thing. I saw him once, but I never saw him again... I read the wiki about him and his encounters. But pretty much after the first meeting I never saw him :p
    You can just ignore Solaire completely when you pass him after the taurus demon and he will not show up in any location. Then, after you have killed the sunlight maggot and opened the Izalith shortcut (from either side), go talk to him where you first met him and agree to his jolly cooperation suggestion. After that you need to talk to him in Anor Londo, then in Sunlight Altar, then after Centipede, and finally in the Izalith shortcut.
    He should then be available as a summon before Gwyn, without being possessed by the sunlight maggot if you open the shortcut without being a chaos servant.

So you could try going back to undead burg and see if he's still in the first location, then talk to him some more. Maybe he scared you the first time? silly
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:15 pm

have you placed the lordvessel yet? cause leeroy doesn't show up in totg until the lordvessel is placed on the altar...
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:29 pm

^That's a good point.

Also, I pity the fool who went all the way down to Leeroy before placing the Lordvessel... Have fun trekking all the way back up to firelink!
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:32 pm

You must speak to Solaire for him to move on to the next location.
    teriases

Post by teriases Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:29 pm

I spoke to him and agreed to join in jolly cooperation the first meeting. Man vanished ever since. Even in sum maggot area...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:22 am