Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Uparkaam
reim0027
Shkar
Chumgeyser
billy_bayonet
Yesuurd
TehInfamousAmos
Tolvo
lextune
RANT
Maneater_Mildred
Bane Of Woe
16 posters

High strength in PvP without failure?

reim0027
    reim0027

High strength in PvP without failure? - Page 2 Empty Re: High strength in PvP without failure?

Post by reim0027 Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:15 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:
    That sounds like a challenge to me. twisted

i actually used it against you once and you couldnt parry it with the target shield happy
    Hmm. Challenge accepted; challenge failed. Prostration lol!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

High strength in PvP without failure? - Page 2 Empty Re: High strength in PvP without failure?

Post by RANT Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:06 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Okay, High strength weapons eh, I enjoy the curved greatswords, they are pretty great for dead angling but they generally come in a dex str hybrid build... Murakumo ftw... But a good str weap eh? Hmm come to think of it I like the bastard sword Occult +5, it does more dmg than claymore and MSG occult+5 and then i have my DGM +15 for buffing :L but okay.. good pyro spells, if you are very aggressive, Power Within. GCFB, GF , GC - Great=G Chaos Fireball Great Fireball Great Combust, Firespray even comes in handy sometimes :L but I dont use pyro I am a Faithful Str all the way... so for me SB/DMB/WoG/Force

go with devine dude, i tested it the other day with billy bayonet(he was wearing fully upgraded giant's armor and devone won every time, i had 50 faith.i used fully upgraded dgm and msgs.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:18 pm

try a regular club. it gets a rank scaling is light and while not elegant is effective. another choice is the hand axe which is very fast and scales okay with strength. also the butcher knife (actually an axe weapon) has more reach than most axes and a rank scaling when upgraded. i've even dual wielded them to decent effect. another choice to consider would be the DKH the halberd is brutally strong and requires like 32 str to wield and has nice reach. i still wish there was a str scaling straight sword though...
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:27 pm

I assume you mean the Black Knight Halberd?

Brutal weapon. I haven't used it in PvP, but in PvE, it was really good.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:32 pm

dark knight halberd/ black knight halbed.

tomato/tomAto

yeah, recently killed a forest farmer through a fog door with it (hopped down to the basin and came around to the fog door to the stairs)
    Chumgeyser
    Chumgeyser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Chumgeyser Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:57 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    Chumgeyser wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:the butcker knife is actually really fun to use and hard to parry becasue of the random attack animations.

What do you mean? I haven't used it a lot but I haven't seen any random animations.

the r2 has this animation where you take like three steps(looks like youre floating) then do the swing, ive used it and people had a hard time parrying it even with the target shield.

Ah ok. I thought you meant it had some sort of other random animation at times. I do love the R2 on the Butcher Knife. Now that I know it's hard to parry I ove it more. Thanks big grin
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:36 am

It's not random or floating. It's a serial killer chasing a person with the weapon raised, Rant you need to watch more horror films. silly
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:50 am

Any opinions on the DKGA?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:54 am

Perosnally I don't think it's worth the stat investment since it doesn't scale. It does good damage, but a scaling STR weapon will almost always out do it, the R2 is nice but also invites BS. If you are using it for a surprise attack it's pretty good, but again you might just be better putting more stats towards faith and carrying a WotG and GC/LC. Plus then you can use SLB or DMB and buff your weapon way out damaging it, and having a faster AoE damage.
    Bane Of Woe

Post by Bane Of Woe Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:47 pm

I doubt i'm going after SL.120, it would take a ton of dedication to get that high. I'd love to try and avoid faith if I can. As for the weapons, I guess i'll try them all out and see what works well. (mostly msgs, GC, & DGM.) Rather than going for what's easy though, I'd love to dedicate myself to a weapon that is deadliest in the right hands.

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:51 pm

mugenis4real wrote:Any opinions on the DKGA?

bkga? it's not that strong, with 40 str the DGM and GC are better. the bkga is very noob friendly but everyone associates it with gankers and backstabbers, imo it is a good starting weapon but very easy to parry and you will get owned if you go against a decent player.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:52 pm

Bane Of Woe wrote:I doubt i'm going after SL.120, it would take a ton of dedication to get that high. I'd love to try and avoid faith if I can. As for the weapons, I guess i'll try them all out and see what works well. (mostly msgs, GC, & DGM.) Rather than going for what's easy though, I'd love to dedicate myself to a weapon that is deadliest in the right hands.

if you have a pyromancer then go with int, get it up to 32 and use the tcc to use CMW, with 40 str the weapons you mentioned are gonna hit really hard. im making a similar build to what i just mentioned.
    HughManatee
    HughManatee

Post by HughManatee Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Ive been playing with the msgs on a new character ( SL 66 so far ) I made to try out a str/ faith build in pvp, the msgs is very manageable. If you try it, I think youll find the one handed R1 and the while dashing R1 are impressive. Beware the R2, if that misses punishment is emminent.

Rant do you tend to use the msgs 2h or 1h? Ive been leaning on 1h to keep the option for parry available but Im wondering if Im doing myself an injustice not using it 2h.

After reading this Im going to try out the GC and DGM as well.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:02 pm

am i the only one that likes the greatsword? my new favorite build is a 40str 14dex build and i have a elemental balder side sword and a +14 greatsword. i found if you do most of a fight with the dex weapon and then quick change you will catch a lot of people off guard and stagger them for the win.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:03 pm

Tarkus actually uses the Greatsword a lot, he does Cosplay Tarkus after all haha. On my FH I do have a Chaos one that I use from time to time, but that toon just isn't really set up for using one effectively. I do have a gravelord though that uses one.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:04 pm

HughManatee wrote:Ive been playing with the msgs on a new character ( SL 66 so far ) I made to try out a str/ faith build in pvp, the msgs is very manageable. If you try it, I think youll find the one handed R1 and the while dashing R1 are impressive. Beware the R2, if that misses punishment is emminent.

Rant do you tend to use the msgs 2h or 1h? Ive been leaning on 1h to keep the option for parry available but Im wondering if Im doing myself an injustice not using it 2h.

i usually switch around during a fight, if i see that someone is using r1 a lot i 1h it to parry them(try to). you guys should aim for sl 120 so you can join FC if you want, it wonr take that long to get it up to 120.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:06 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:am i the only one that likes the greatsword? my new favorite build is a 40str 14dex build and i have a elemental balder side sword and a +14 greatsword. i found if you do most of a fight with the dex weapon and then quick change you will catch a lot of people off guard and stagger them for the win.

i like the gs, its really good for a 40 build, im gonna use it with my new str/int build im working on right now.
    HughManatee
    HughManatee

Post by HughManatee Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:25 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    HughManatee wrote:Ive been playing with the msgs on a new character ( SL 66 so far ) I made to try out a str/ faith build in pvp, the msgs is very manageable. If you try it, I think youll find the one handed R1 and the while dashing R1 are impressive. Beware the R2, if that misses punishment is emminent.

i usually switch around during a fight, if i see that someone is using r1 a lot i 1h it to parry them(try to). you guys should aim for sl 120 so you can join FC if you want, it wonr take that long to get it up to 120.

Ill be taking the char to 120. Havent really given FC much thought because I havent had a chance to review the rules, times, etc.

I have a 120 dex faith I may try out there too, Id like to work on my parry skills (or lack there-of)
    Chumgeyser
    Chumgeyser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Chumgeyser Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:36 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    mugenis4real wrote:Any opinions on the DKGA?

bkga? it's not that strong, with 40 str the DGM and GC are better. the bkga is very noob friendly but everyone associates it with gankers and backstabbers, imo it is a good starting weapon but very easy to parry and you will get owned if you go against a decent player.

Just wanted to revisit the BKGA a little.

My character has a 40 strength and a 20 dex. I have been alternating (in PvP) between the following weapons...

BKGA
    MSGS
    Claymore
    Zweihander
    Great Club

I'll state plainly that I suck at PvP right now. I don't have a lot of time to play, but I practice as much as I can. The only wins I have had have come with the BKGA. Possibly just luck of the draw with opponents, but the BKGA does give me a little more confidence than the others. The hop back and charge combo seems particularly fast and effective with the BKGA.

I'd like to stick with this weapon, but I'm afraid that if/when I don't get more competent in PvP I'll have practiced with a weapon that sucks vs. the better PvPers.

My biggest worry is getting parried, as many here have said the BKGA is easy to parry. Is it really that much easier to parry than say the MSGS or Claymore? Those two weapons don't seem to swing any faster than the BKGA to me.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:36 pm

BKGA is easy to setup parry, ive neva had much success with other types of parrying tho against it,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:37 am