over used spells?

somebody_else
    Casual
    Casual

Re: over used spells?

Post by somebody_else on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:59 pm

aceluby wrote:I'll get 6-800 damage on you before you get your first swing, that is if I don't break your shield guard, in which case you won't even get a swing in.

I killed so many people in painted world doing this. Cheap? Maybe. Humorous? Definitely.

dream on... 66 stability doesn't get broken by spear... ever. unless person is stupid enough to stand still and not release shield while blocking few in a row.

and lol... did you found the way of doing 3300-4300 damage with single spear? this is how much you'd need to do your specified damage trough crest and usual (well built) armor. well, maybe you know something other people don't. well, maybe you just missed me pointing out crest as that would be damage you do trough lot of shields;)

you can do that damage to most shields, not crest and its 80% magic block (and the 20% later capped by armor).

i use crest for one reason only, blocking spells which are practically only damage overdose in PvP (beside hornet ring lagstabbers). i can tank tough hits with weapon (i'm poise knocker anyway), trying to tank (in some narrow space) mage is suicide
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Somebody! big grin glad you made it into the forum man Joy

"Accept its powers"

"stay out of the light"

"and become my puppet!"

"even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!

*this plays*

"you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"
    somebody_else
    Casual
    Casual

Post by somebody_else on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:12 pm

well, as *** up as my job was lately i'm glad to see my self here;)

i was starting to feel withdrawals from lack of playing.
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:01 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:cheap is only when you get a "lag shot" off otherwise its easy to dodge and easily deflected by force i believe

On the way up to the painted world is a very narrow area. Baiting hosts down it almost guarantees a hit since there's nowhere to dodge.

SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:24 pm

well thats not cheap that is clever strategy you baited the guy there its his own fault he is getting hit if he can't dodge in there

"Accept its powers"

"stay out of the light"

"and become my puppet!"

"even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!

*this plays*

"you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:28 pm

jjshowal wrote:
    strangejoy wrote:
    jjshowal wrote:Homing Soul/Crystal Soul Mass can be really annoying sometimes, especially in laggy play. I usually don't mind as much if I get lagstabbed, but when I clearly dodge the mass and it hits me, I get really upset because it really takes zero skill.

True, but that can happen with any attack using any weapon.

I know, but at least when you're hit by a weapon the other player is actually attacking. When I'm hit by a laggy soul mass, the player could literally be standing still not doing anything.

so your point is, laggy magic is cheaper than a laggy backstab? lag backstabs are unavoidable, unless obviously you dodge 2 seconds in advance and do nothing but roll backwards and back up. if you try attacking once you instantly get backstabbed. and these players usually wear the hornet ring, and then proceed to chain backstab which is pretty much impossible to get out of when it lags, you will roll away, and get sucked back into it.

tell me again laggy magic is cheaper than a laggy backstab.

lol.

Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:36 pm

k0rruptid wrote:
    jjshowal wrote:
    strangejoy wrote:
    jjshowal wrote:Homing Soul/Crystal Soul Mass can be really annoying sometimes, especially in laggy play. I usually don't mind as much if I get lagstabbed, but when I clearly dodge the mass and it hits me, I get really upset because it really takes zero skill.

True, but that can happen with any attack using any weapon.

I know, but at least when you're hit by a weapon the other player is actually attacking. When I'm hit by a laggy soul mass, the player could literally be standing still not doing anything.

so your point is, laggy magic is cheaper than a laggy backstab? lag backstabs are unavoidable, unless obviously you dodge 2 seconds in advance and do nothing but roll backwards and back up. if you try attacking once you instantly get backstabbed. and these players usually wear the hornet ring, and then proceed to chain backstab which is pretty much impossible to get out of when it lags, you will roll away, and get sucked back into it.

tell me again laggy magic is cheaper than a laggy backstab.

lol.
    ]

both are cheap they're pretty much the same
    laggy magic is a one-shot most of the time
    and chain backstabs are impossible to break out of

both pretty much kills you no matter what you do so there's really no point in discussing on which one is cheaper if you ask me

"Accept its powers"

"stay out of the light"

"and become my puppet!"

*this plays*

The_Tao
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The_Tao on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:50 pm

I try very hard to find new, ingenious builds to hard-counter the standard types we see. vow of silence is always on my attunment bar on any faith build. I use the effigy shield to deal with sunlight blade/sunlight spear/Lightning Zwei +5.

This game is a complex game of chess. If you move a character in one direction, you've left open a weakness. For example, Havel's set does not give great bleed resistance when compared to others in its class (Priscilla's Dagger+ Notched Whip).

As for mages and overused spells, Grab Dingy robe as a chest piece, problem solved.

"Unfortunately, killing is one of those things that gets easier the more you do it."
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:59 pm

The_Tao wrote:I try very hard to find new, ingenious builds to hard-counter the standard types we see. vow of silence is always on my attunment bar on any faith build. I use the effigy shield to deal with sunlight blade/sunlight spear/Lightning Zwei +5.

This game is a complex game of chess. If you move a character in one direction, you've left open a weakness. For example, Havel's set does not give great bleed resistance when compared to others in its class (Priscilla's Dagger+ Notched Whip).

As for mages and overused spells, Grab Dingy robe as a chest piece, problem solved.

I think you mean the blood stained skirt. The Dingy robe is a chest piece.

SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    The_Tao
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The_Tao on Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:04 pm

Either has fantastic magic resistance for it's weight.

"Unfortunately, killing is one of those things that gets easier the more you do it."
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer on Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:12 pm

either wya with it you may still end up taking 500 of damage instead of 700 enough to allow you to survive but not for that long if there's lag

"Accept its powers"

"stay out of the light"

"and become my puppet!"

*this plays*

Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:46 pm

Aural decoy.

Uparkaam (main account)
    Dorkmoon
    Torch_Hollow
    Ravelord_Servant
    Gastro_Zombie
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:59 pm

k0rruptid wrote:will never understand when people act surprised people use the best/most damaging spells.

like dur, would a mage in serious pvp ever use soul arrow? doubtful. pointless. not even viable.

every spell is easy to dodge, just dodge dodge dodge til they run out.

whats so difficult honestly.

apart from lag how do people ever get hit by spells? if its lag, its either a lag magic shot or a lag stab, so either way lag ruins most of pvp.

so which are we complaining about? powerful, yet very easily dodge able spells (which is kind of why they hit so hard), or lag?

Great Soul arrow it's fast as hell and does a lot of damage, great for spamming at heavy equipped guys because they can't dodge forever.

Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs

PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:03 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    k0rruptid wrote:will never understand when people act surprised people use the best/most damaging spells.

like dur, would a mage in serious pvp ever use soul arrow? doubtful. pointless. not even viable.

apart from lag how do people ever get hit by spells? if its lag, its either a lag magic shot or a lag stab, so either way lag ruins most of pvp.

so which are we complaining about? powerful, yet very easily dodge able spells (which is kind of why they hit so hard), or lag?

Great Soul arrow it's fast as hell and does a lot of damage, great for spamming at heavy equipped guys because they can't dodge forever.

Unless you're doing low level PvP most mages will not use this spell and go for soul spear.

SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:06 pm

Bountiful sunlight. I'm sick and tired of seeing people spam this spell :x . I see it, and I know the end is near. The @#%$ing Princess Covenent is OP.

Dedicated forestwraith.
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:07 pm

ChizFreak wrote:

how often will you see fat roll in proper pvp? as in 1v1 duels or maybe even regular invasions.

99% of people i come across are ninja flipping the entire time, and a large majority of players use green blossoms to pvp as they give a huge stamina recovery rate boost. so yes, they can dodge forever.

im currently using a fat roll pure havel character (maybe bar a few pyro spells and off hand chaos dark sword) and using his shield/wep, his shield blocks 90% of magic damage (and 80 of everything else, lightning fire ect.), so people can use soul spear/crystal soul spear and barely damage my health. so any mage wishing to chip through my shield to death would need a few playthroughs to get more spell charges. happy maybe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:10 am