Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Rassa
Yarxov
Deadpool
Shakie666
PlasticandRage
Forum Pirate
T-King-667
Railage
Maneater_Mildred
RANT
FruitPunchNinja
CrackSouls
Yukon
Reaperfan
Wade_Wilson
skarekrow13
CaptainKairos
justwant2play
22 posters

Anyone here still use a heavy shield?

Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Anyone here still use a heavy shield? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone here still use a heavy shield?

Post by Yukon Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:57 pm

Haha, same thing with me plastic, Only I stopped at 120 and used him as a testing mule for all sorts of weapons.

He is the toon I have leading my Roulette duels right now but his stats... oh god. I don't even know what I was doing. I basically changed my mind with what I wanted him to be midway through the game, I started with dex and iaito and I really wanted to try Zweihander so I got his strength up to like 50, Uhg. Ah, well he is still fun to PVP with, though he can only take about 2 hits.
    Rassa
    Casual
    Casual

Anyone here still use a heavy shield? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone here still use a heavy shield?

Post by Rassa Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:00 pm

justwant2play wrote:Whenever I do coop I notice that most of the other players do not use any type of heavy shield. I was wondering if large sized shields are a dying breed or people just prefer light shields for certain special effects (for instance, I see a lot of people use the Grass Crest Shield). I guess a lot of people don't think high stability is much of an advantage. I still like my Eagle Shield for its high stability and light weight for its category.

Overall they're just too heavy and dont offer anything amazing. Yeah some holding a havels shield is going to pretty much be immune to damage, but the stat commitment to that item is absurd. Eagle shield is the only reasonable one, but id rather have parry in most cases
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:22 pm

For boss battles like O&S or against the kiln black knights greatshields are amazing because they stop you being crushed. However in pvp and most normail enemies the parry is just so much better.
    cdd1983
    cdd1983

Post by cdd1983 Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:28 pm

Eagle shield is as heavy as I go but if i'm going to use a shield its usually the Heater Shield fully upgraded. 100% phy damage reduction and quick parry = awesome
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:48 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:

I still have my first build. He was a total mess at the end of my first play through, which I refused to use any kind of advice for, internet or otherwise. I've since made him into my endless leveling build. Right now he's around SL255. Anyway when I fought Gwyn for the first time it was with him. SL90ish, no magic ability whatsoever, with the Eagle Shield and the Gravelord Sword. That was not an easy battle. Not at all.
    My first fight with him was at sl 80, BK shield and BK Sword and about 35 Str, no magic, ranged, or parrying ability.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:50 pm

Once you riposte, you never go back. winking
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:53 pm

My True Artorias Build uses the GreatShield.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:21 am