Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
cdd1983
lextune
Deadpool
callipygias
8 posters

Hook-Ups Gone Bad

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Hook-Ups Gone Bad Empty Hook-Ups Gone Bad

Post by callipygias Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:44 pm

Ever had a trade go bad? I was trading in the Burg, the fellow said to lay down my RSS. I'm a pve guy, so I don't really understand the RSS. I lay it down. Someone else summons me and runs away. A red phantom is chasing him. I decide to kill the phantom for him, thinking it's a kindness. I kill the phantom up near the bonfire, the host joy-jumps down below. I equip my Black Crystal. Host makes his way up to me. I proper bow and BC out. Host 2-hands his Murakumo and 4-hits me. Host then "Well, what is it?"s me.

All I could do was laugh.

Until....

I got my character back to New Londo (after successfully trading in the
    Catacombs) and saw that I had 1 humanity and a few thousand souls. I've never been so careful in my life as I inched my way back to the Burg for my stain. I used 16 CSSs on the regular soldiers. Anyway, I got them back. 11,635,622 souls and 99 humanity almost lost to a Mask-of-Mother wearing, Murakumo-sporting douchebag, and to my own ignorance.

Any other hook-ups gone bad stories?
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : In front of my mirror thanking god for my sexy looks

Hook-Ups Gone Bad Empty Re: Hook-Ups Gone Bad

Post by Deadpool Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:33 pm

well..........I once got summoned and the host and invader were naked. Sooooo i said o its that kind of party and got naked too. They both turned their backs to me and i got sent home. Not really a hook up but funny gone bad moment. I think my body was to sexy for their eyes.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:20 pm

How about one that went just a little bit bad....?

I had a guy invade and ask me if he could practice pvp parrying with me. I said sure. So we did for a few minutes, no hornet ring, (obviously), and un-upgraded weapons so we didn't accidentally kill each other.

He was quite happy, and sent me a few messages saying thanks, and that he had some gifts for me. Just as he makes his first drop, I am invaded again, and the invader, (full giants, MoM, ninja flipping around of course), runs over and starts attacking me. I am trying to quickly change back to a legit weapon before I am killed so I start running off a bit, and the invader takes the chance to pick up the first drop from my new friend. Now I am back and I start attacking with my Chaos claymore and my friend has also realized what is going on and attacks the guy too. We kill him.

He then drops me 99 Red Slabs, 99 White Slabs and 99 Regular Slabs....the invader got away with 99 Blue ones....I hope he likes Mage builds silly

Turns out the guy was practicing with a throw away toon, glitched from his full mule. He actually felt bad and set up another time to drop my guy the 99 Blue. happy
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:23 pm

lextune wrote:How about one that went just a little bit bad....?

I had a guy invade and ask me if he could practice pvp parrying with me. I said sure. So we did for a few minutes, no hornet ring, (obviously), and un-upgraded weapons so we didn't accidentally kill each other.

He was quite happy, and sent me a few messages saying thanks, and that he had some gifts for me. Just as he makes his first drop, I am invaded again, and the invader, (full giants, MoM, ninja flipping around of course), runs over and starts attacking me. I am trying to quickly change back to a legit weapon before I am killed so I start running off a bit, and the invader takes the chance to pick up the first drop from my new friend. Now I am back and I start attacking with my Chaos claymore and my friend has also realized what is going on and attacks the guy too. We kill him.

He then drops me 99 Red Slabs, 99 White Slabs and 99 Regular Slabs....the invader got away with 99 Blue ones....I hope he likes Mage builds silly

Turns out the guy was practicing with a throw away toon, glitched from his full mule. He actually felt bad and set up another time to drop my guy the 99 Blue. happy

and how do you get 99 of every kind again?
    cdd1983
    cdd1983

Post by cdd1983 Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:40 pm

Deadpool wrote:
    lextune wrote:How about one that went just a little bit bad....?

The person used the BB glitch and wasnt using his main build so it didnt matter to him to drop them.
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:44 pm

hmmmmmmmmmmm
    cdd1983
    cdd1983

Post by cdd1983 Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:48 pm

Deadpool wrote:hmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by cdd1983 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:51 pm

[quote="cdd1983"]

]

Thank you but i knew what it was. I just wonder.

[This post has been edited to remove a link showing how to glitch by Zechk]
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:52 pm

Deadpool wrote:

There are mules with 99 of everything. 99 Slabs, 99 Souls of Gwyn, 99 of each and every thing. And also every weapon maxed out on every path, (a +15 claymore, +10 divine claymore, +10 fire claymore, +10 magic claymore, +5 enchanted claymore, +5 chaos claymore) etc. etc. etc. for every weapon and shield, And all armors all maxed.

I have run into several of them actually. Even had one try to full mule me, but we screwed it up. He dropped everything too fast, (and it still took an hour). apparently you can't have more than a certain number of drops in your world before they start disappearing.

He offered to redo it after we figured out what the problem was, but I never took him up on it. (He had already also dropped 99 of each slab for another one of my very high level toons and I didn't want to bother him for another hour of his time).
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:55 pm

So whats the point on having all of that? You can upgrade everything to the max just about from the start of the game. Or if you wanna get technical, after anor londo.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:55 pm

[quote="Deadpool"]
    cdd1983 wrote:

Thank you but i knew what it was. I just wonder.

That glitch, (not sure we are allowed to post the "how to" though), a few friends, and a few hours of your time = 99 of everything, lol.

There have been more and more full mules popping up in the last few months.....

http://www.preparetodie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=32736

[This post has been edited to remove a link showing how to glitch by Zechk]
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:58 pm

Deadpool wrote:So whats the point on having all of that? You can upgrade everything to the max just about from the start of the game. Or if you wanna get technical, after anor londo.

Makes creating new builds instantaneous.

Plan your build.

Glitch a new toon from your mule.

Consume 99 Souls of a Great Hero, (actually wouldn't take that many). Level up to 120.

Done.

You already have every weapon, maxed along every path, and every armor +10.

15 minutes or so have passed.

PvP.

Last edited by lextune on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:00 pm

I'm gonna refrain from commenting on that.
    cdd1983
    cdd1983

Post by cdd1983 Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:00 pm

yea there is a post of someone who got sent here to find a "full mule" I dont like cheating much. Takes the fun out of it. Like deadpool said a few hours and you can start upgrading. People just wanna get to 120 from the start with a new toon.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:05 pm

Deadpool wrote:I'm gonna refrain from commenting on that.

Not saying it is good or bad, just explaining the rationale.

Like I said I never even bothered to get back to the guy, so obviously I wasn't overly thrilled about it. I still do my builds by playing the game. It is easy enough, and more fun that way. For me at least, but they are out there, and growing in number.
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:06 pm

lextune wrote:
    Deadpool wrote:I'm gonna refrain from commenting on that.

Not saying it is good or bad, just explaining the rationale.

Like I said I never even bothered to get back to the guy, so obviously I wasn't overly thrilled about it. I still do my builds by playing the game. It is easy enough, and more fun that way. For me at least, but they are out there, and growing in number.

k
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:14 pm

@cdd1983: Confirmed on the forum guidelines thread (it is a global announcement). Posting how to cheat, including a link, is against forum rules. I would recommend deleting that post as fast as possible, no reason to get in hot water over this.
    cdd1983
    cdd1983

Post by cdd1983 Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:16 pm

berkut wrote:@cdd1983: Confirmed on the forum guidelines thread (it is a global announcement). Posting how to cheat, including a link, is against forum rules. I would recommend deleting that post as fast as possible, no reason to get in hot water over this.

Thanks I wasnt thinking. Its gone now.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:18 pm

No problem, just didn't want that to turn ugly for you happy
    cdd1983
    cdd1983

Post by cdd1983 Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:20 pm

berkut wrote:No problem, just didn't want that to turn ugly for you happy

Yea I wouldn't want to get banned I'm just starting to like you guys! happy
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:25 pm

Speaking of that.....Deadpool, you will need to change yours as well
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:30 pm

We are skirting close to the not talking about how to glitch rule. But, this thread has gone off topic. Let's bring it back to talking about Hookups gone bad. cheers
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:56 pm

I'd set up a trade with a guy in the Parish (yup a stupid as hell place I know) so we get in there and are trading to our hearts content. All sorts of goodies, but not the true items we came to get.

Then so girefer shows up. Mask of Mother and Giants with a Lightning weapon. Easy spot. So we take up our positions on either side of the alcove where the steps are.

Turns out he'd dropped my item only momments ago and the RED PHANTOM had picked it up! Needless to say we both trashed the guy in anger.

He was a good guy in the end and gave back the item when he re invaded.
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:31 am

Not to tread on Reim's toes here, but posting that link was a clear breach of the rules. I've removed it from each of the posts it appears in. Quoting somone's post with a rule breaking link in it is also a breaking the rules.

A really big thanks to all of you here for being so mature about this, I was really impressed to see cdd1983 remove the link when he realised his mistake and the community rather than a mod stepping in to warn him about it happy Please can everyone take the time to read and remember the rules, and be a little more careful in future about posting banned links or quoting posts containing them.

You guys have saved me and Reim the job of issuing any official warnings by being a bunch of legends.

Hook-Ups Gone Bad 945058907

Cheers.
    cdd1983
    cdd1983

Post by cdd1983 Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:55 pm

I certainly wasn't thinking about it at the time and never wanted to break the rules or teeter close to doing so. Sorry I sorta derailed the topic at hand. You guys get back to the original topic and once again I'm sorry.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 am