Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+45
Hatsune Miku
IIdoneus
WaLKA
ResIsBestStat
jaythibodeau
Leet
Encore
Reaperfan
Noob-of-Artorias
Elite Knight
Kiva the wanderer
Seignar
Rainraey
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Argetlam350
Mr. Tart
Sloth9230
BLA1NE
KomradDakka
Darkson
sinisterapathy
WarriorOfSunlight
Serious_Much
Garl_Vinland
befowler
Katakato
Forum Pirate
Imarreteet23
vixder/pennywise
Sunbro4evar
DxV04
Uparkaam
jsd201
Zakkia
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
ViralEnsign_
RaSoul
nsane32
skarekrow13
berkut
PlasticandRage
bloodpixel
Tolvo
Digitalyzed
The Once-Ler
49 posters

What games are you playing now or soon? Current and upcoming games

befowler
    befowler

What games are you playing now or soon?  Current and upcoming games - Page 5 Empty Re: What games are you playing now or soon? Current and upcoming games

Post by befowler Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:40 pm

I have preorders in on Borderlands 2 (September) and Xcom: Enemy Unknown (October). Giggity!
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

What games are you playing now or soon?  Current and upcoming games - Page 5 Empty Re: What games are you playing now or soon? Current and upcoming games

Post by Garl_Vinland Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:57 pm

This is a bit farther ahead, but I also pre-ordered Borderlands 2 and Metal Gear Rising Revengeance(rolls right off the tongue).
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:03 pm

OK, What is everyone playing these days (besides the given DkS)? I just finished Asura's Wrath. It was great for what it was (interactive movie). I am starting Ni No Kuni and Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition this weekend. I am also going to play Journey soon since it is supposed to be great. What is everyone else playing? Also, what are you excited about? I am looking to pick up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Edition, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pandora's Tower, and Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers this spring.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:24 pm

Castlevania: SotN and Borderlands 2. But mostly Dark Souls.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:08 pm

Currently Playing "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl" totally scary S#it! FPS Survival horror genre. its looking a little aged but the gameplay and atmosphere are great! its got some great mods going for it as well, but they are meant only for the most masochistic of players.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:10 pm

Im playing through all the Mass Effect games....but I always get stuck on romance options... in anycase Im also playing through Fallout NV but IM getting a new PC so I might get NV and mod the **** out of it
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:29 pm

^ I'm doing the same thing. Still on the first one, and it's been taking awhile because, as with everything else I pick up, its been punctuated by large amounts of Dark Souls, but I'm enjoying it for the most part.

With Mass Effect I mean. Not Fallout. Been down that road many times though.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:51 pm

The Once-Ler wrote:OK, What is everyone playing these days (besides the given DkS)? I just finished Asura's Wrath. It was great for what it was (interactive movie). I am starting Ni No Kuni and Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition this weekend. I am also going to play Journey soon since it is supposed to be great. What is everyone else playing? Also, what are you excited about? I am looking to pick up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Edition, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pandora's Tower, and Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers this spring.
    Yeah, Journey is incredible. Did you ever get around to playing Disgaea? I've played 1 and 2 before on PSP and poured a lot of time into each. Right now I'm playing Disgaea 4 on PS3 (when I'm not busy getting side-tracked by Rifter competing for track records on Wipeout HD!). If you haven't gotten around to the series, I definitely recommend you check it out.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:15 pm

My friend insisted that I get Dust 514, so I guess i'll give it a shot.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:17 pm

As of right now i'm mainly playing Halo 4 and Guild Wars 2. Once Metal Gear Rising and Dead Space 3 are released i'll probably be found playing those games most of the time.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:24 pm

Mainly working my way through Assassin's Creed 3 (stories decent but could be better. At least I have friends to hang with on the multiplayer). Jump on and off with LBP2, still working on things that invovle Demon's and Dark Souls in that game. Play Far Cry 3's multiplayer and more singleplayer from time to time.

That's about it. I'm just waiting for May right now, so I can play The Last of Us. Though I am debating on getting Sly 4 next month. I liked the old games so might try to get that.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:37 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:As of right now i'm mainly playing Halo 4 and Guild Wars 2. Once Metal Gear Rising and Dead Space 3 are released i'll probably be found playing those games most of the time.

I'm patiently awaiting my copy of DS3 as well. It's actually the first game I've ever pre-ordered. I just happened to be at the game store the day they were making it available, and the guy talked me into it.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:03 pm

BLA1NE wrote:
    The Once-Ler wrote:OK, What is everyone playing these days (besides the given DkS)? I just finished Asura's Wrath. It was great for what it was (interactive movie). I am starting Ni No Kuni and Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition this weekend. I am also going to play Journey soon since it is supposed to be great. What is everyone else playing? Also, what are you excited about? I am looking to pick up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Edition, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pandora's Tower, and Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers this spring.
    Yeah, Journey is incredible. Did you ever get around to playing Disgaea? I've played 1 and 2 before on PSP and poured a lot of time into each. Right now I'm playing Disgaea 4 on PS3 (when I'm not busy getting side-tracked by Rifter competing for track records on Wipeout HD!). If you haven't gotten around to the series, I definitely recommend you check it out.

Hey Baine. No, I have not played Disgaea yet unfortunately. I have the first 2, but that is a longer term goal of mine. I am going to start picking at the first one this summer. I am a turn based fan so I don't think it will be hard to get into. I just need to find the 100 plus hours to do so happy You should try SMT: Devil Survivor 1 and 2 if you like Disgaea. I loved it.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:29 pm

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - probably going to be my next purchase when it comes out.

EDIT: I also have a lot of backlogged games on my Steam account that I bought during their sales that I need to get to. :|
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:56 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - probably going to be my next purchase when it comes out.

EDIT: I also have a lot of backlogged games on my Steam account that I bought during their sales that I need to get to. :|

I prefer physical copies to digital, but yea, my backlog is huge too.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:59 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Mr. Tart wrote:As of right now i'm mainly playing Halo 4 and Guild Wars 2. Once Metal Gear Rising and Dead Space 3 are released i'll probably be found playing those games most of the time.

I'm patiently awaiting my copy of DS3 as well. It's actually the first game I've ever pre-ordered. I just happened to be at the game store the day they were making it available, and the guy talked me into it.

Really? Well i do hope you enjoy it. I know a demo has been released, and i advice you try it just to make sure you get what you expect. The first two games are great, and at first, when looking at the trailer of DS3 i was really disappointed, expecting it not to be able to live up to its prequels. Anyway, i do advice you check the demo out just in case. It's a shame we're not on the same consoles as i'd love to have a partner to play DS3 with, but i really hope you'll enjoy it as much as i will(judging by the demo that is).

As far as pre-ordering, this is my 3rd time doing so. The first two being Fable 3 and Halo 4.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:38 am

Been playing borderlands 2 recently, all good shallow tongue in cheek fun, but wouldn't have it any other way happy

Thinking about getting one piece pirate warriors too at some point, though ill wait a bit till I'm less busy
    Rainraey
    Rainraey

Post by Rainraey Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:02 pm

Took a Dark Souls break an dcurrently playing Two Worlds 2 and Halo 4
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:15 pm

I've decided to play a lot of old games I never got via PSN and HD collections:

Persona 3 FES
    Chrono Cross
    Legend of Dragoon
    Sly Cooper 1,2,3
    Devil May Cry 1,2,3

Makes me wonder why games these days can't take a page off any of these.

BUT, to answer the thread question: Blazblue ChronoPhantasma...when they announce it.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:51 pm

So...I have been taking a bit of a break from DkS right now and have been Absolutely Digging Ni No Kuni!!! Best game I have played since DkS and Des. I am going to play Journey in a week or 2 when I finish Ni No Kuni and plan to get into some PvP again soon too. What is everyone else playing these days?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:23 pm

Right now I'm play Metroid Prime and Dead Space 3, and when I finish DS3 I'll probably pick either the Darkness 2 or Assassin's Creed 3 back up. I'm enjoying all of them, contrary to the bashing AC3 seems to constantly get here. It's just more of what the whole series has been, but a lot bigger and you get to pilot a 19th century ship in naval battles, which will always be okay with me.

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:39 pm

Sorry. We did do a lot of bashing. Gameplay is always the most important thing and I admit I had some fun with the first AC. I would probably enjoy the others just as much but they're just very far back on the priority list.

On this topic, I'm playing Dokuro on the Vita
    Trying to get three stars on just two more challenges in Bad Piggies
    and of course I still need to finish Skyrim
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:48 pm

It''s definitely not a perfect game by any means, but it has a lot of positive aspects that a lot of people didn't credit at all, which I think is a combination of the fear of change, not having their own opinions, and not having played from the beginning. I heard a lot of flack about the plot from the same people who said things like "I picked it up because it looked fun in the commercials but I never played the others," but the series has has a continuous plot going since the first game, so statements like that are the equivalent of like going to see Return of the King in the theater because it looked like there was action in in without seeing any of the other films and then saying the plot sucked because you didn't understand what was going on.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:15 pm

Thought I would dig this up again to see what everyone is playing.  I am currently playing Dragon's Crown and Catherine and loving them both.  Getting ready to jump into SMT IV in a week or so too.  I have been way too busy to tackle it yet.  What is everyone else up to?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:24 pm

Just got platinum on Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. Amazing game.

I've had Soul Sacrifice pop in here and there.

I tried the demo for Limbo last night and I'm really tempted to pay $15 for that game.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, I'm replaying Demon's Souls again and writing what's turning out to be a novel on my experience with it. If you're into shameless plugs (like I am) the link is in my signature winking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 am