Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
EmoElmos
DeathlyLemons
Shkar
DoughGuy
JoeBroski09
PlasticandRage
Jimisdegimis
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Rockstar2112
User
Quarik
cloudyeki
Tolvo
Rin
WyrmHero
befowler
Rynn
ChizFreak
ublug
ViralEnsign_
sen545331
Chaos Spectre
26 posters

Special Bonuses

Jimisdegimis

Special Bonuses - Page 3 Empty Re: Special Bonuses

Post by Jimisdegimis Fri May 11, 2012 11:40 pm

-After parrying you can cast a fast sorcery to deal extra damage. tested with logans cat w/ 50 int on NG+ at asylum. dealt 439 to hallow w/o parry and over 600 w/ parry. Have not tried miracles yet but pyros seem too slow as well are sorceries like WDB and the heavy soul arrows.

-Can't remember where I heard this, and I'm not sure if its really common knowledge or not, but if you throw a Lloyd's talisman at a mimic it will "deactivate" for a sec and you can loot it. Also it seems to greatly increase drop of symbol of avarice. I have found two in two playthrus since using this trick and never found one in 6 playthrus before that.

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 12, 2012 12:32 am

Great thread. I didn't know a ton of this stuff. +Spectre

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Sat May 12, 2012 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat May 12, 2012 12:41 am

-I actually just realized this when I started playing again, but parry and reposte does more damage than a backstab.
    -Attacking an enemy right after they attacked gives you an extra damage bonus with any weapon. This is called a "counter" and that is the damage bonus the Leo Ring gives to thrust weapons. If you block and wait for the enemy's weapon to ricochet, then use a thrust weapon with the Leo Ring, you'll do much more damage.
    -The bonus damage that Humanity gives to Chaos Spells only affects the 2nd damage that the lava gives, which isn't much.
    -Humanity damage bonus caps at 10 soft humanity.
    And Jimis, that's not from a parry, that's a "counter" bonus. The enemy just attacked, and even though you deflected it, you did more damage. That's why if you parry, but miss the reposte, you still get the damage bonus.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sat May 12, 2012 4:50 pm

Crossbows cannot be upgraded to Enchanted, Chaos, Occult, or Raw.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Sat May 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Almost forgot about this thread. Will update in the coming time. Still doing covenant testing. Hoping to get answers one day
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 12, 2012 10:09 pm

Has wyrm added that titanite demons take extra damage from the black kngith weps?
    Also Wyrm have you tested whether or not black knight weps hurt the bounding demons more?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun May 13, 2012 12:54 am

Didn't test it, it's a shame as my BKS testing build got lost too, but will do when my build is ready.
    @Joe the second damage of the lava? I didn't saw a difference on the first damage of the lava....
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 13, 2012 1:29 am

The lava thing is still up for contention. No one can agree on if humanity changes it.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sun May 13, 2012 1:38 am

I think our resident arsonist monkey Cloudyeki came to the conclusion that humanity changed the amount of lava residue. Comes in really handy for covering moves.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun May 13, 2012 1:41 am

When I made my tests I didn't notice an increase in lava residue nor lava damage...anyway it's always good to have more than 10 humanity for defense and curse resistance.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 13, 2012 3:09 am

You really see the difference when you use Chaos Firestorm against Seath. You hit him with a lot of fire pillars, and it does more damage since he's weak to fire. All in all, it does about 300 more damage with 10+ humanity than with 0. In my tests, I did 1.6k damage with 0 humanity, and I did 1.9k with 10+ humanity.
    Though, I do admit they weren't tests. I remember being excited about the 1.6k damage, I texted it to a friend. Then I looked at it later after co-oping for a few hours, and it was 1.9k. I usually don't look at the # of damage I do to bosses, because it's on the bottom right, and I don't want to move my eyes off the boss.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:11 am

I've been using the silver knight shield a lot lately, and I noticed something weird. About 20-25% of the time, when I am blocking with it in pvp it completely ignores WoG and Force (and possibly other miracles). No damage, no knockback, no nothing - it's like the miracle never happened. At first I assumed it was pvp lag related, but it only seems to work like this in Anor Londo. The description of the shield says something about it having the Princess's divine protection - is this an actual effect, or just a reference to its high lightning resist or something?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:24 pm

Testing time!!!!!
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:33 pm

befowler wrote:I've been using the silver knight shield a lot lately, and I noticed something weird. About 20-25% of the time, when I am blocking with it in pvp it completely ignores WoG and Force (and possibly other miracles). No damage, no knockback, no nothing - it's like the miracle never happened. At first I assumed it was pvp lag related, but it only seems to work like this in Anor Londo. The description of the shield says something about it having the Princess's divine protection - is this an actual effect, or just a reference to its high lightning resist or something?

Can you remember any details about when it would happen? Was it mostly when they tried to spam it?

It doesn't seem like From to include exactly ONE thing that actually relies on an RNG.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:03 pm

Joining the Gravelord Servants gives you a 25% increase in badassery with a further 200% increase whenyou join the Gravesworn....
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:09 pm

I first noticed it when fighting a darkwraith in the rafters who was spamming Force in an effort to knock me off. I just stood there blocking and often the Force just went right through me w/o effect. At the time, I assumed it was lag but started paying more attention to it, and I've since had similar results even with no spamming. For example, recently an invading DW cast WoG on me, another phantom, and a host, and knocked the other two down while I ignored it. I don't recall this ever happening when I use other shields.

I have not tested it on that WOG thing the big sentinel guards do, for example, so it might just be pvp lag. But the shield desc and frequency in Anor Londo made me suspicious, so I thought I'd ask the loremasters happy .
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:21 pm

befowler wrote:I first noticed it when fighting a darkwraith in the rafters who was spamming Force in an effort to knock me off. I just stood there blocking and often the Force just went right through me w/o effect. At the time, I assumed it was lag but started paying more attention to it, and I've since had similar results even with no spamming. For example, recently an invading DW cast WoG on me, another phantom, and a host, and knocked the other two down while I ignored it. I don't recall this ever happening when I use other shields.

I have not tested it on that WOG thing the big sentinel guards do, for example, so it might just be pvp lag. But the shield desc and frequency in Anor Londo made me suspicious, so I thought I'd ask the loremasters happy .

Would you recoil a little bit, like you do when you block a sword or something? Just that quick little "stun" that occurs?

If I remember correctly, I can tank WoG's on my Forest Hunter using Havel's Greatshield, so it could just be something similar.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:53 pm

No, that was what surprised me. There was no knockback or anything. I could move freely as long as I had my shield up facing the caster. And no damage of course.
    DeathlyLemons
    DeathlyLemons
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DeathlyLemons Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:09 pm

ROS also saves your current bloodstain. thought that would be useful information, if youve lost a large amount of souls and its in a bloodstain sorounded by enemies equip a ring of sacrifice.
    EmoElmos
    EmoElmos
    Regular
    Regular

Post by EmoElmos Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:27 pm

Some thing interesting is if you do a jumping r2 attack off a ledge, it automatically becomes a plunging attack.
    OmegaX105
    OmegaX105

Post by OmegaX105 Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:24 am

Where you hit on the body with an arrow does diffrent damage (not just headshots) a shot to the arm or leg does more damage than a shot to the body (or vice versa i cant remember right now) Headshots obviously do the most damage BUT the multiplier is increased/decreased but what helmet you're wearing. For example Havels would have a lower headshot multiplier than the Black Sorcerers Cap.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:09 am

And, let's not forget to mention you get a slight bit more protection against headshot damage if your helmet is closed or open faced, and if it's light, medium, or heavy in weight/material.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 am

abyss sword also gets a damage bonus from humanity.
    gold pine resin has 200 damage applied rather than 50 from the charcoal.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:32 pm

Chaos Spectre wrote:Power Within eats less HP with un-upgraded Pyro Flame. Also with Lingering Dragoncrest Ring.

Sorry in advance if this has already been pointed out.

The part about Power Within eating less HP from an unupgraded Pyro Flame is no longer correct as of patch 1.06 (I think that's the patch, don't quote me on it). See Youtube vid from TheSunlightBlade for evidence.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 am