Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Rassa
Blade of The Sun
bla
FruitPunchNinja
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Rin
Reaperfan
Rynn
Buggy Virus
13 posters

Give Dark Souls PC MOD support and MODs Multiplayer Support

Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Give Dark Souls PC MOD support and MODs Multiplayer Support - Page 2 Empty Re: Give Dark Souls PC MOD support and MODs Multiplayer Support

Post by Buggy Virus Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:43 pm

Artorias wrote:The souls series will never have official mod support and i hope the next souls game gets published by a better company.

You sound so certain. . .

NoResorb wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:I'm sure there would be a
    plethora of serious private servers dedicated to staying within the
    confines of the Dark Souls atmosphere.
    I'm not so sure about
    that. At least not before a few months. Private servers usually mean
    that either the developers released the sources of their own servers or
    more likely that the community developed some sort of emulator. But
    maybe there are other solutions I am not aware of.

There are two kinds of moded servers I'd like to have a chance to play on:
    -
    servers that alter the gameplay but try to stay faithful to the
    original Dark Souls. For instance by implementing small changes like
    nerfed Dark Wood Grain ring or backstabs and stuff like this.
    -
    servers that greatly change the experience, for instance with stronger
    and more numerous ennemies, weapons, spells, new mechanics, etc. A
    MedianXL-like mod for Dark Souls would probably be quite
    awesome.

Yeah, but my point is, if you still want to play the normal dark souls, you can play the normal dark souls.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Give Dark Souls PC MOD support and MODs Multiplayer Support - Page 2 Empty Re: Give Dark Souls PC MOD support and MODs Multiplayer Support

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:25 pm

I don't think mods are needed. Ok I'll put it this way. When I play certain games such as Total War series and Elder Scrolls series I do install mods and play around with them, but when it comes to the Witcher series and I guess now the Souls series (If they don't mess up this port) I'd rather just wait and buy the next instalment. This is just my opinion, if they add a mod kit, then well that's cool , I really don't mind, but I doubt it will happen.
    NoResorb
    NoResorb

Post by NoResorb Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:30 am

They won't add a mod kit or any mod support, but that never prevented players to make mods for other games.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:41 pm

NoResorb wrote:They won't add a mod kit or any mod support, but that never prevented players to make mods for other games.

Probably, although I don't expect anyone will be able to get any of them online (the good ones that don't exploit the game that is). I hope if there are some cool mods on the PC From will take the cue and include support in the next game.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:27 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:
    NoResorb wrote:They won't add a mod kit or any mod support, but that never prevented players to make mods for other games.

Probably, although I don't expect anyone will be able to get any of them online (the good ones that don't exploit the game that is). I hope if there are some cool mods on the PC From will take the cue and include support in the next game.
    If you look up the interview in this section, the producer said that they were interested in mods but felt they didn't have enough experience on the PC platform to allow them at this time. So yeah, the next title they may start what you wish.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:42 pm

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but in a recent interview Myazaki mentioned that there won't be mod support by From, but, that they think it's interesting and look forward to seeing what players create content wise, and admits they can't do the support this time because they are fresh to the PC.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:46 pm

Yeah, I saw. It's sad. But not surprising.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:27 am

But, that does mean if they make another game they might work in some mod support, because they are interested in it. So all hope isn't lost.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:24 pm