Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+92
dr_calamitus
WorkInProgressSi
Montante
SEANB240
whitechikz11
Cyan-Hawk
carlucio
Ghadis_God
JohnnyHarpoon
ZikoLogiKa NL
Juutas
Bcc17
BishopHavel
Baal-Avatar
About8547Souls
SATLOS
HvnlyNois
Slienced
TheAshenPhantom
MalBunneh
FlamingHarlekin
demonofelru
JY4answer
Enigma5991
RajenRaymen
sinisterapathy
Butterz^_^
Garl_Vinland
Scudman_Slayer
reim0027
IcEDraKo7
Quarik
Saturnine Knight
RANT
xXDaemonarchXx
Carphil
Spurgun
exandroide
ublug
Lucaskid
vixder/pennywise
Uparkaam
RaSoul
Raptrojo
Rynoa
PlasticandRage
Keyz Kage
Blade of The Sun
russiannightmare
White Mamba
Hylian
BartholomewWenceslas
WyrmHero
Rassa
FexDS
Yarxov
Serious_Much
DoughGuy
Po1ymorph
Emergence
Buggy Virus
Rynn
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
TheGoddessSendell
Artorias
Sunbro4evar
dirkdeadeye
CrackSouls
bloodpixel
TehInfamousAmos
KomradDakka
Griever
DxV04
Imarreteet23
callipygias
Tolvo
NoResorb
Fafhrd81
onionkingg
DeCeleRator93
Wareditor
Reaperfan
cloudyeki
Rin
kiwi_commander
skarekrow13
ViralEnsign_
Kaminari
Wade_Wilson
Yukon
berkut
ChizFreak
96 posters

Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more!

NoResorb
    NoResorb

Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more!

Post by NoResorb Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:14 pm

Hello everyone! This new content seems really nice. Like everyone, I hope we will get it on consoles too.
    While checking the official website, I found this artwork I've never seen before :
    Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 2 Enemy

It looks like a darkroot's stone knight with what looks like a greataxe. It will probably be one of the enemies of the new area, and I guess the stone greataxe will be a new weapon for us.

I'm not sure if it has anything in his right hand or if it's just its glove... By the way, are the stone knights the only left handed humanoids in Lordran? Is that weird? I can't recall any other left handed enemy.

Last edited by NoResorb on Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more!

Post by ChizFreak Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:16 pm

Fafhrd81 wrote:
    To retrieve the King’s Crowns and reach the flame of the world, you will have to face the White King Gwen and his knights, the witch Izarith and her evil daughters, the first dead, Nit, and the immortal and nameless shadow dwarves.

lol who in the world have translated and proofread this >.<

Where did you get that from?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:16 pm

Something to note, that is a man in armor, not a golem.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:20 pm

NoResorb wrote:Hello everyone! This new content seems really nice. Like everyone, I hope we will get it on consoles too.
    While checking the official website, I found this artwork I've never seen before :
    Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 2 Enemy

It looks like a darkroot's stone knight with what looks like a greataxe. It will probably be one of the enemies of the new area, and I guess the stone greataxe will be a new weapon for us.

I'm not sure if it has anything in his right hand or if it's just its glove... By the way, are the stone knights the only left handed humanoids in Lordran? Is that weird? I can't recall any other left handed enemy.

Maybe those are the guys guarding Oolacile's tomb. After all, it's said that Stone Knights were made by a ancient magic. Probably the one from Oolacile.

Also we find Dusk from Oolacile in the Darkroot Forest. So that's a hint too.

Let's make a new question:

How or where do you think we will be able to reach the new areas?

I personally believe that there is gonna either a new NPC who makes you travel there (probably in Darkroot) or they are gonna make a new bridge/door appear. Either way I believe the "entrance" it's gonna be somewhere in Darkroot.

Last edited by ChizFreak on Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Fafhrd81

Post by Fafhrd81 Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:23 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Fafhrd81 wrote:
    To retrieve the King’s Crowns and reach the flame of the world, you will have to face the White King Gwen and his knights, the witch Izarith and her evil daughters, the first dead, Nit, and the immortal and nameless shadow dwarves.

lol who in the world have translated and proofread this >.<

Where did you get that from?

http://www.preparetodie.com/uk/about/

i guess i just had to find something bad in the page to avoid choking on the rainbows i am puking
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:26 pm

On another note, befowler is now a moderator! Congratulations! Sunbros always make good moderators.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Has a date been announced at all? I'm at work and can't see the links, and if it's been mentioned here I missed it.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:42 pm

callipygias wrote:Has a date been announced at all? I'm at work and can't see the links, and if it's been mentioned here I missed it.
    Some time in August I think
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:46 pm

The dragon seems to be standing on the bridge that is above the hydra in the forest.
    Griever
    Griever
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Griever Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:47 pm

August 24th
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:48 pm

dammmn, i just got this for the ps3! oh well, the match making might be cool for dueling/jolly cooperation
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:50 pm

I Came a little, btw dont you agree the dragon looks like the Archdemon from DA:O
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:03 pm

The trailer reminds me of the time when I was first mesmerized by the Dark Souls trailers.
    The way they word it seems like Artorias is the final boss.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:13 pm

They way the Facebook page worded everything it seemed like you'd have to buy a new disc instead of a DLC... I certainly hope that's not the case.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:14 pm

I hope it's not like UMvC3 where you had to pay 40 bucks. God, I would be *** pissed.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:19 pm

Artorias pics added to the main post!
    NoResorb
    NoResorb

Post by NoResorb Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:21 pm

bloodpixel wrote:I hope it's not like UMvC3 where you had to pay 40 bucks. God, I would be *** pissed.
    We all would be pissed, but we all would probably buy it...
    dirkdeadeye
    dirkdeadeye
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dirkdeadeye Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:21 pm

ex-amateur gaming press guy here.

DLC might be going through licensing, certification, translation, and QA. I don't know how their PR team works, but console certification alone makes release dates nearly impossible to predict. Not to mention this is a Japanese game, and they're very console centric, because the average PC there is on par with what your grandmother might have, so there should be console DLC, but bear in mind, Japanese companies always release domestically, then roll out to us "gaijin" a month, or more later.

I will say that the publisher would be fools not to roll out the expansion. That's how they make their money.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:25 pm

Hey that picture of Artorias looks like the guy Artorias in the Design Works.
    BADASS
    Sunbro4evar
    Sunbro4evar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sunbro4evar Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:28 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:I Came a lot, btw dont you agree the dragon looks like the Archdemon from DA:O
    Fixed.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:28 pm

If this DLC doesn't become available for consoles, it would be a true betrayal to the people that made the PC port financially possible. I couldn't see the logic in giving exclusive content to a platform where the majority of users pirate their games.
    TheGoddessSendell
    TheGoddessSendell
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheGoddessSendell Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:31 pm

Oh man, I can't help kind of agreeing with all the concerns about this... but oh god, new enemies, areas, bosses AND Artorias! My body has never been quite so ready Beckon would be filling buckets too if I had the, ahem, means.

I would be upset to think that those fans who brought this game so far might be forgotten... though as some have said I'd be utterly shocked at a Japanese company abandoning consoles.. but honestly, either way, I'll double dip for this. No doubt.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:32 pm

how long do you think it will take for it to be cracked and sold? after pc release i mean. oh well at least the mod vieos that will show up will be funny. (pony mod etc)
    Sunbro4evar
    Sunbro4evar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sunbro4evar Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:41 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:how long do you think it will take for it to be cracked and sold? after pc release i mean. oh well at least the mod vieos that will show up will be funny. (pony mod etc)
    lol guarentee (lol take that bad spelling in the face english teacher!) there's going to be a my little pony mod as one of the first mods out.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:42 pm

Of fudgepacker, Artorius looks like one mean mofo. I'm dreading and looking forward to fighting him Hurrah

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm