Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+92
dr_calamitus
WorkInProgressSi
Montante
SEANB240
whitechikz11
Cyan-Hawk
carlucio
Ghadis_God
JohnnyHarpoon
ZikoLogiKa NL
Juutas
Bcc17
BishopHavel
Baal-Avatar
About8547Souls
SATLOS
HvnlyNois
Slienced
TheAshenPhantom
MalBunneh
FlamingHarlekin
demonofelru
JY4answer
Enigma5991
RajenRaymen
sinisterapathy
Butterz^_^
Garl_Vinland
Scudman_Slayer
reim0027
IcEDraKo7
Quarik
Saturnine Knight
RANT
xXDaemonarchXx
Carphil
Spurgun
exandroide
ublug
Lucaskid
vixder/pennywise
Uparkaam
RaSoul
Raptrojo
Rynoa
PlasticandRage
Keyz Kage
Blade of The Sun
russiannightmare
White Mamba
Hylian
BartholomewWenceslas
WyrmHero
Rassa
FexDS
Yarxov
Serious_Much
DoughGuy
Po1ymorph
Emergence
Buggy Virus
Rynn
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
TheGoddessSendell
Artorias
Sunbro4evar
dirkdeadeye
CrackSouls
bloodpixel
TehInfamousAmos
KomradDakka
Griever
DxV04
Imarreteet23
callipygias
Tolvo
NoResorb
Fafhrd81
onionkingg
DeCeleRator93
Wareditor
Reaperfan
cloudyeki
Rin
kiwi_commander
skarekrow13
ViralEnsign_
Kaminari
Wade_Wilson
Yukon
berkut
ChizFreak
96 posters

Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more!

Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 6 Empty Re: Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more!

Post by Rynoa Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:48 am

Didn't say it was a good idea, I was just guessing.
    But I always wondered why adding all those infos about players in the book of the guilty if you couldn't then choose..
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 6 Empty Re: Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more!

Post by Artorias Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:49 am

Yea but modding pc is easier than xbox so expect to see billions of modders.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:05 am

What has kept Gough alive all these years? Is he undead? Or is it part of his not completely human status?
    Raptrojo
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Raptrojo Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:11 am

I dont understand this annucement...will be DLC for console players?or not?
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:13 am

Thay didn't announce any DLc yet
    RaSoul
    RaSoul
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RaSoul Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:15 am

I just watched the trailer on Youtube, and one guy said that he ordered the console edition with art book etc. The new bosses featuring in the trailer was already in the Art Book? Seems a little strange to me... but that would actually mean a console release too if its true happy
    (Sorry if this has already been mentioned Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 6 945058907 )
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:05 am

When will this waiting end... Prostration
    vixder/pennywise
    vixder/pennywise
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vixder/pennywise Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:06 am

The manticore is in the artbook. And now I get to fight him. Good News.
    Lucaskid
    Lucaskid

Post by Lucaskid Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:19 am

I'm pretty sure that they said in an interview somewhere that they felt the game was perfectly balanced. And as a result, weren't going to release any DLC, as they feel it would give an unfair advantage to players who could afford it.
    Didn't they also say that they'd like to keep the game fair by giving everyone the same chance to work for superior equipment rather than buying them?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:58 am

It is still possible that the DLC could be free. I can't really say if it will be or not, but it is a possibility.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:05 pm

Plus my bet is that there won't be any "superior" equipment. I bet new and interesting but probably well balanced to the existing stuff.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:24 pm

About that matchmaking thing. I don't think they'll separate pvp and pve, but they will add another function just for PvP, probably due to the Gankers or something. Maybe another option on the menu.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:31 pm

My guess is that there will be no announcement of either DLC or a 'Prepare to Die Edition' for consoles, until after the PC version releases.

More info on the online/PvP components of the PC version:
    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition on the PC platform will also include an enhanced PVP mode allowing players to more closely assemble battles against one another online in an all-out fight to the death that fans have demanded.
    Prepare to Die Edition on PC to Have Enhanced Online PvP
    exandroide
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exandroide Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:49 pm

i'm already thinking of a strategy for the Chimera/Manticore thingy. depends on whether or not it breathes fire like a Chimera; but i'm thinking the fight with be similar to Sif.

i have faith this will be DLC, and i would gladly pay $20-30 for it. i'm also going to avoid any gameplay vids or any further screen shots until i'm able to play it.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:54 pm

I hope they keep that PVP mode out of the actual game, what an atomosphere breaker. People have been demanding it since demons, but its been simple enough to connect with people you want to play with, and PVP has been easy enough with RSS in certain dates and times. The only thing I would actually have wanted them to do was decrease the summon failure, not make waiting rooms...

I am fine with it as long as it stays out of the actual game and is instead an option you can choose from the menu, as it sounds like from your post.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:02 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Artorias is in it.. They got me in the weak spot :|

looks like it's gonna be bigger than some of us were anticipating though big grin

then again, if that's artorias where is the guy's shield? I guess though since it's "Artorias of the Abyss" suppose it's after his corruption.. hmm I think the lore nuts are gonna have a field day with the DLC (when it comes)

Well, I really believe that's Artorias. Remember, he is corrupted! All what we know about Artorias, well let's just say that it's not the Artorias we know. The Shield, the Ring, and his Sword, they are all from when he was a good guy. And the Cursed Version of his sword it's probably what happened to his sword after he did the covenant.

So I believe he probably uses other kind of sword. But I'm 99% that instead of a shield he will have a badass giant Dark Hand or something like that.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:07 pm

Emergence wrote:Let this be the resource thread for the forums. All other duplicates will be locked and redirected here.

Oh my god! One of my threads it's a sticky! TREMBLE MORTALS!

(just kidding)
    Lucaskid
    Lucaskid

Post by Lucaskid Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:20 pm

This seems really unlikely, but it's just a thought....

Maybe there'll be something to do with that bloody pendant!

Last edited by Lucaskid on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:30 pm

Actually, now that I think about it, how will these new areas be put in the game? Artorias seems like the new final boss so what about Gwyn?
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:47 pm

i would press caps lock and rant about how amazing this is but enough people have done it already so i am going to try to keep my head calm. i agree with that the dragon seems to be at the bridge above the hydra in darkroot. if you watch when he fights the manticore seems similar to darkroot, the same with the tomb entrance. but the coloring is a lot brighter. also the giant hand thing is in a cave with no visible way forward and it looks very similar to the hydra cave. im going to make a crazy theory, the hand thing is where the golden golem is and there is now a "bottomless" hole there, the hand thing appears and takes you down to the ruins of oz and that is the same place that atorias tomb is.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:55 pm

No DLC? lol screw this, I'm going back to Demons
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:55 pm

I think you're right about the hand. That looks like a similar cutscene as the raven at the Asylum. Walking along and AHHH!!
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:12 pm

hellooo wrote:i would press caps lock and rant about how amazing this is but enough people have done it already so i am going to try to keep my head calm. i agree with that the dragon seems to be at the bridge above the hydra in darkroot. if you watch when he fights the manticore seems similar to darkroot, the same with the tomb entrance. but the coloring is a lot brighter. also the giant hand thing is in a cave with no visible way forward and it looks very similar to the hydra cave. im going to make a crazy theory, the hand thing is where the golden golem is and there is now a "bottomless" hole there, the hand thing appears and takes you down to the ruins of oz and that is the same place that atorias tomb is.

That's an interesting theory. And I agree with you that it looks like that.

Look, here is a screenshot of that exact moment so more people can analyze it:

EDIT: I added the Pic to the main post in the first page.
    Here is the original big screenshot (1440x900):

https://2img.net/h/oi43.tinypic.com/ekgpdx.jpg

Last edited by ChizFreak on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:22 pm

Reminds me of the Crow.
    Griever
    Griever
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Griever Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:29 pm

I'm interested how they are going to implement these areas into the game with regards to level. For example will these new areas scale according to level or will there be recommended levels for the new areas. If there are recommended levels this may mean starting a new toon for some. In my case I currently only have an sl120.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 pm