Strange red stone knights in Darkroot Garden

BlackRayquaza

Strange red stone knights in Darkroot Garden

Post by BlackRayquaza on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:24 am

I'm currently on NG++, trying to farm the Stone Greatsword and Greatshield from the Stone Knights in Darkroot Garden. However, I've noticed something more than a little strange. Instead of lying down and getting up when approached like they normally do, the knights are already standing up when I walk into the clearing and have a clear red-black coloring, like that of an invading spirit. There are four of them, and they stand around the entrance to the clearing in a fairly regular manner, inconsistent with their previous spawns. I cannot approach one without aggroing the rest (usually resulting in a world of pain). I've never seen this before. At first I thought it might have been because I was human, but they appear regardless of whether I am human or hollow. I can find nothing relevant on the wiki. Sorry if it's a noob question, but does anyone know what causes this, what it means, and if and how I can get rid of it?

To give you some perspective, I am SL 148, Gravelord Servant +1, and have just returned from defeating the Bed of Chaos on NG++ after receiving the Lordvessel and placing it on the Firelink altar. I have passed through Darkroot Garden before on this playthrough to kill Sif and the Moonlight Butterfly, and the knights behaved as normal.
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: Strange red stone knights in Darkroot Garden

Post by Kaminari on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:27 am

could it be that you are infected by a GLS ?

BlackRayquaza

Post by BlackRayquaza on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:31 am

Looks like it. It's back to normal now, and I did notice a Gravelord Servant's sign in the area before (although I didn't touch it). Threw me off a bit because I figured they couldn't infect members of their own Covenant. Thanks for the help.
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:33 am

'Deletes post'

Welcome to the forums big grin

When discussing things, always strive to be as friendly and understanding as possible. When offensive, argumentative, or vague dialogues are used, it often causes the other readers to receive negative emotions from the post, which can create a toxic thread. If we all strive to be friendly and understanding, then we can avoid hurting peoples feelings happy.
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:16 am

LOL dude you are a gravelord and you don't know what your powers are!!! Go here and tell me what you think.

http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t3514-gravelord-black-phantom-catalog-aka-cursebook

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:35 pm