I hate Sen's Fortress...

The Shutdown

I hate Sen's Fortress...

Post by The Shutdown on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:27 pm

...and those swinging axes.
    -________________-

I've had this game 1-2 weeks now, and this is the only part so far that I'm actually stuck on.
    If somebody here plays on Xbox 360, would you mind helping me out?
    My soul level is 50. Add me or just drop your sign in the starting room.

Gamertag: The Shutdown
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Re: I hate Sen's Fortress...

Post by DoughGuy on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:29 pm

Word of warning, in the first set on the bridge just after the 2 serpent men the first one in the pair swings slightly before the second one. Be REALLY careful when you're on your way out.

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:29 pm

Keep at it. Do it enough and you'll memorize exactly where to stand. until you get there, rotate the camera and look where to stand. It'll be slow, but you'll learn it quick.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Ser Isaac
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ser Isaac on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:30 pm

I feel your pain!:'(...

Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:32 pm

Take your time in Sens, if you can, draw and eliminate serpents outside of the traps, you can knock some down too. The blades is all timing, watch them for a while to get a grasp on their patterns, then move appropriately, some you can move between, others you have to sprint through.

Welcome to the forums!

When discussing things, always strive to be as friendly and understanding as possible. When offensive, argumentative, or vague dialogues are used, it often causes the other readers to receive negative emotions from the post, which can create a toxic thread. If we all strive to be friendly and understanding, then we can avoid hurting peoples feelings happy.
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:33 pm

Shoot, missed that - Welcome Shutdown!

Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:35 pm

Missed it too - WElCOME!

The Shutdown

Post by The Shutdown on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:41 pm

So many welcomes! big grin

And yeah I've been trying to get the timing down. But I still keep getting hit :p
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:42 pm

Which ones are you stuck on? Because with a few you can get between the blades so you can take them one at a time.

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:56 pm

One of the hardest for me was the last set, with the Lightning Flameberge Serpent. What I do is just run to the first blade and there is a little divot in the floor between the blades. Stop there. Run past the next one. If you do it efficiently, the Serpent shouldn't hit you. It takes him time to hiss, aim, and fire.

DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:58 pm

just be careful about sprinting if you do that. Can be hard to control. But its how I do it with my melee builds. If you have ranged though you kil that serpent mage.

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:00 am

True about sprinting. That is a narrow ledge. But, my FPS skills are terrible, so sniping the serpent gets me dead fast.

berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:01 am

reim0027, you can lock onto it and hurl basic firebombs, it will fall off the cliff in about 4 or so happy

When discussing things, always strive to be as friendly and understanding as possible. When offensive, argumentative, or vague dialogues are used, it often causes the other readers to receive negative emotions from the post, which can create a toxic thread. If we all strive to be friendly and understanding, then we can avoid hurting peoples feelings happy.
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:10 am

Welcome and watch where you step. Literally look. You see those spots with chunks taken out of the walkway? That's where you don't want to stand.

BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:26 am

I love Sen's! I invade in there all the time, must've gone past every guillotine a thousand times. I know all their timing, but they still get me once in a while, when I get cocky. But just take it slow, and you shouldn't have any problems.

You need to learn to recognize how much room you take up, so that you can tell which blades you can stand between and when you have to pass multiple blades at a time. Once you can tell where you can pause, I recommend pointing the camera top-down at much as possible, to make it easier to tell where you're standing in relation to where the guillotine will swing.

Also, you can run against the flat of the blades. So if you run at them a bit early, it can buy you an extra fraction of a second to place yourself between the next ones.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:34 am

I love Sens Fortress, and using the traps against the Sneoples (Snake People).

The first two get hit by the arrow trap then I kill them.

The Lightning throwing Sneople get's shot off the ledge with arrows.

The Sneople on the first swinging axes walkway gets lured into them.

The regular Sneople and the Lightning Sneople near Seigmeyer both get hit by falling boulders.

The one right past them gets destroyed by the arrow trap..

I don't really bother trying to trick the others.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari on Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:23 am

if you still need help in sens let me know and I'll get one of my characters there to the rescue happy

GT: Kaminari San

Also, welcome to this forum of awesomeness ;D

Post by reim0027 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:24 am

Hmm, good idea berkut! Never thought of that before.

SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:44 pm

Hello & welcome. Don't give up on Sens. It took me a while to get through it first time and I'm currently trying again on a new character. Granted, it's not easy even when you do know your way around. It helps if you take out the Serpent Mage on the second swinging blade walkway and the serpent guard at the end of the first one with arrows before you start. The guard gets knocked off the walkway by the blades 9 times out of 10.

Thanks for the firebomb tip Berkut. That Mage on the last walkway has given me a lot of grief. You can shoot it but it has a habit of retreating behind the wall after it's been hit a few times. I'm going to try your method next time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:11 am