Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Yarxov
OmniBot
Akatik
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Glutebrah
kennereth
Blazefury
jjshowal
Deadmeat95
Ser Winston
Whknight
strangejoy
Carphil
Scudman_Slayer
aceluby
RANT
The_Tao
Serious_Much
JY4answer
BARZOHD-
24 posters

Whips and over used and under used weapons

BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Whips and over used and under used weapons Empty Whips and over used and under used weapons

Post by BARZOHD- Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:25 pm

Soooo i was just thinking about the most over used weapon and the least used weapon and the least used iv seen is the whips. I just started using them and they are pretty nice actually. Oooooo and the claws too. I started using those on my dex build and they work pretty good. B modifiers and bleed damage adds up. The most over used weapon? I would have to go with quelaag's sword. About 80 percent of the time im invaded or co op, people carry that sword around. Opinions anybody?
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Whips and over used and under used weapons Empty Re: Whips and over used and under used weapons

Post by JY4answer Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:32 pm

Definitely BKGA handsdown. I mean seriously. Next would be Moonlight GS / Moonlight butterfly horn combo, followed by zweihander and claymore.

Underused? Scythes would be a prcatical one thats less common. Whips and claws aren't really that effective.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Whips and over used and under used weapons Empty Re: Whips and over used and under used weapons

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:34 pm

I see way too many of those popular weapons flying around. you know them. the guys running round with katanas and claymores two handed or with some king of Silver/black knight shield or eagle shield.

Katana has gotta be most over used. Every single dex sorta build i meet in PvP carries one of those things around.

Underused I've got to say is hand axes. i've seen whips, I've seen fist weapons. But hand axes are never anywhere to be seen.

honourable mention for underused go to the regular hammer weapons like maces, warpicks and clubs.
    The_Tao
    The_Tao
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The_Tao Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:39 pm

I'm working on upgrading Gargoyle tail axe for originality in PvP
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:39 pm

man serpent gsword is deff underused, its awesome for pve and pvp too, i think ive only seen it twice on pvp, the demon great machete is my fave and underused too, everyone keeps talking how good they are but i never see anyone using them. velka's rapier kicks ass on my int build and ive never seen anyone use it. jy4 pretty much listed all the overused ones except the katanas, everyone has either the uchi or laito.
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:40 pm

Thats a good point. I never see hand axes, maces, or hammers. I dont favor those so i wont be using them. The BKGA i see maybe once or twice a week, and its usually naked people that use it, no joke
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:42 pm

I've never seen a mace being used in PvP
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:44 pm

Demon machete is a bit underused because of BKGA wich i on the top 3 most used weapons on pvp

also some overused weapons are katanas

and a few underused are straight sword
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:45 pm

Seriously? Man serpent sword underused? I can tell a toon is a str build right away since it either uses a BKGA or that.

Oh, most common equipment ever should go to grass crest sheild. Not a weapon though.
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:45 pm

Man you guys say katanas are overrused and i hardly ever ever see them. People with katanas must not like me or something lol
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:46 pm

overused shield talk is good too. ill start a post on that one
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:48 pm

All I see are katanas, greataxes, and greatswords. It's nice when I get to fight a mage just to take out some of the redundancy.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:50 pm

Not too many straight swords or rapiers
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:52 pm

If rapiers did more damage i would use them. Or maybe im missing out on the best rapiers?
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:06 pm

Battle axes are underused, as is the reinforced club, the large club, and the great club. Don't laugh, each of these weapons mangle poise and shield guard. I once repeatedly got my ass kicked by some dude with a battle axe. He dodged, dodged, dodged, and then suddenly he drew me into an endless stunlock (I had over 60 poise).

Edit: Kats and BKGA are overused. I'm not sure why you haven't run into kats. Literally 50% of my pvp is against kats.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:10 pm

Most overused, quick hitting weapons like a katana or spear. Most underused, Longswords.

If people would stop limiting themselves I hope to see this becoming more used, I actually think I got a guy to pick one up for a change after beating him in a few duals. I think it is by far one of the best all around single handed weapons.
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:10 pm

i just watched a youtube video of a guy who had magic of 78 and killed this guy with a heavy soul arrow. totally off topic but it cracked me up cause he thought he was a hard azz
    Ser Winston
    Ser Winston

Post by Ser Winston Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:11 pm

I never see any Mace wielders outside of Petrus builds.

I also encountered a man trying to punch me with his Pyromancy Glove. When it hit, it actually hurt rather badly. I'd love to see more of that. It was a sight to see.
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:11 pm

for straight swords, i loved using the silver knight straight sword, pretty decent weapon if you ask me
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:12 pm

if you make that pyromancy glove to a plus 5 ascended, it can hurt pretty good if they punch you
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:15 pm

to bad the masamune didnt make its appearance in this game. washing pole is close but anyone who has seen ff advent children, the masamune was much longer and sexier
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:18 pm

well richard's rappier does 1000 damage when fully maxed out on its R2 combo if you hit the guy with it
    easily parriable and blockable though

all i see are katanas,daggers and BKGA

Katanas mostly buffed with either sunlight blade or darkmoon blade or crystal magic weapon

dagger most lagstabers do because they have higher critical damage

Bkga do i even have to say anything?
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:22 pm

I had no clue about ricard's rapier. I picked it up and was like yeahhhhhh this looks like junk. But i'll definitely have to check that out for my dex build. And about the BKGA, no words are needed.
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:31 pm

I def go with whips for most underused....other then myself I havnt ran acroos anyone else using it.
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:35 pm

@Deadmeat95

hey a fellow whip man. I just started using the notched one and i love it. Just got it to a plus 15 and it works beautifuly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 am