Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
djgq42
Maneater_Mildred
THEGOLIATH
Uparkaam
somebody_else
Pargar-theGreat
Pharaun
Halicarnassis
shadowsoldiers
Eliteknight
Katakato
mpaschke
aRustySlot
ZeGlobox
russiannightmare
belkaizer
Soulkrazy
Comodreha
GrEeNgObLiN
kennereth
JBeast
strangejoy
DxV04
justwant2play
Cloudrunner
k0rruptid
Scudman_Slayer
Godless Servant
ChizFreak
Serious_Much
Toastfacekillah
aceluby
Carphil
theAnimus
38 posters

PvP Honor - An Intelligent Discussion

theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PvP Honor - An Intelligent Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: PvP Honor - An Intelligent Discussion

Post by theAnimus Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:46 am

Thanks for derailing!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

PvP Honor - An Intelligent Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: PvP Honor - An Intelligent Discussion

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:48 am

....sorry
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:31 am

Bump to get back on topic!

Do you feel like unplugging your internet/system mid invasion, whether you want to be invaded or not, is ever justified?
    ZeGlobox

Post by ZeGlobox Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:46 am

Well... it's up to the player...
    I've been invaded and killed in critical moments, and was quite mad about it in the past...
    I remember one time in anor lando, I had many souls (around 300k), just meters away from the next bonfire and couldn't use it because of the invasion.. Got killed by a lame chain lagstab... and killed again while reaching for my souls.. lost 300k because of that mofo... And was stupid enough not puting on a sacrifice ring before getting killed...
    but hey.. that's the game...

I only unplugged once while invaded by a runner who refused to fight... I hate that... in Anor Londo again.. the guy ran right to the huge elevator platform and made it go up... I didn't want to follow him... generally, I wait for them to come back to me.. only he never did... 20 minutes later, I unplugged..
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:01 pm

Do unto others as you would like them to do unto you. - Golden rule.

Do unto others before they do unto you. - Dark souls golden rule.
    ZeGlobox

Post by ZeGlobox Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:23 pm

lol exactly !
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:42 pm

ZeGlobox wrote:Well... it's up to the player...

You really believe that?

I feel like being disconnected mid match should count as a death. 95% of the time the person is intentionally leaving because they don't want to be killed. The other 5% maybe it's a legit power-outage or something, but it's kind of ridiculous IMO.

I used to play the UFC game, which is a 1v1 game, and there was an influx of people who would quit when you won, before the win/loss actually went towards your record (record being the leaderboard essentially), basically screwing you out of the past 5-20 minutes you just worked hard at to win. I can't imagine anyone defending that type of behavior, and to me, unplugging in Dark Souls is no different.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Yeah, I hate when I get disconnected from a host. I feel that if they don't want to be invaded they should just play offline. If they want to summon people for a boss, play offline until you get there, quit, and come back online to see if there are summon signs. Unplugging because you got invaded or you're losing is just being a puss.
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:16 pm

what about when an invader crystals out when he/ she is about to lose?
    Liff Daddy
    Liff Daddy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Liff Daddy Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:55 pm

If I invade I always bow, and so far I've always received a bow in return.

Disconnecting is lame, when I get invaded I usually know know I'm going to lose so I just try to get near the bonfire so I don't have to run far. It's just a game I don't see why getting invaded is such a big deal that you have to hard quit.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:57 pm

djgq42 wrote:what about when an invader crystals out when he/ she is about to lose?

Never had that happen to me personally.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:59 pm

djgq42 wrote:what about when an invader crystals out when he/ she is about to lose?

never happened to me, but I would use dried finger and backstabbed them
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:59 pm

only seen it twice. today was the 2nd time.
    zzCLR2Rzz
    zzCLR2Rzz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zzCLR2Rzz Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:34 pm

I think anything (aside from glitching) is fair in PvP, use any of the tools the game gives you to win and i expect the same from my opponent...

My only gripe about PvP is startign a new toon and getting invaded in undead burgh by someone with fire uchi.

Sorry didnt mean to get off topic
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:40 pm

I never see any of these really awful tactics (black crystal, etc.). To me, PVP honor is about not double or triple teaming, not intentionally invading people at a vastly lower SL, and not intentionally invading people without gear. In other words, its about not darkmooning tongue . Other than that, basically everything is fair game.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:44 pm

strangejoy wrote:I never see any of these really awful tactics (black crystal, etc.). To me, PVP honor is about not double or triple teaming, not intentionally invading people at a vastly lower SL, and not intentionally invading people without gear. In other words, its about not darkmooning tongue . Other than that, basically everything is fair game.

hey leave the DARMOON alone me and other members are very respectable if you what a fair fight on XBL Im always in Kilin fighting the guilty
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:46 pm

Just messin' around. I'm sure many DMs are honorable. Fyi, I'm on psn.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:59 pm

had the black crystal thing happen to me... he fire tempested my phantoms and me on our way to the gargs, we dodged and had him within an inch of his life then suddenly attacks don't connect and then he disappears, not even the kneeling animation to show what he'd done...
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:30 am

zzCLR2Rzz wrote:I think anything (aside from glitching) is fair in PvP, use any of the tools the game gives you to win and i expect the same from my opponent.

So are you saying you consider disconnected to be fair use of a tool in the game?

Also, I've never seen the black crystal thing happen, I'd imagine they'd have to get some distance on you though huh?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:31 pm

not really they just need 1 second once they've actually activated the item they're gone they're body might be there but thats just lag.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am