List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Share
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by ChizFreak on Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:01 pm

    I'm making a list of all the NPCs you can drain humanity from, excluding the ones that you can drain (perform the animation) but they don't give you any humanity, like the Crestfallen Warrior.

    Check the page: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Dark+Hand

    If you know of others NPCs, please tell me which one and how much humanity you can drain from them. Remember that raising your rank in DarkWraiths only lets you drain more humanity per try, but the total humanity you can drain from NPCs remains the same.

    This is to make people's journey through draining humanity easier, so they don't have to check ALL NPCs pages, they can just see the list and see who they already drained from and who they didn't do it yet. How much they can get, etc.

    A nice detail: You can drain a total of 22 humanity from Petrus, Reah, Nico and Vincent. So, when you see all of them at Firelink, Soulsuck... I mean drain their humanity! It's free, and doesn't make them hostile.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

    Posts : 1125
    Reputation : 240
    Join date : 2012-01-16

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by ublug on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:18 pm

    Nice, it's good to have these all listed on the same page. I added some more details on darkwraith covenant and cleaned up what was already on the page.

    You should add all npc's, even those with 0 humanity, or readers will think you forgot them in the list. I think someone have added numbers to some NPCs pages if you read through them. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Characters

    I believe the anor londo firekeeper is also 0. All hollows = 0? I think I also tried and failed with the undead merchant once.
    Sieglinde have a lot, 10 or something. Lautrec has 7?
    Siegmeyer, Ingward, Griggs and Solaire have about 4-5 each. Don't remember if Oswald has any, but don't piss him off until the end of the game, in case you need to absolve.
    If I remember correctly you can also use it on invading NPCs (mildred, kirk, leeroy) before you kill them. - just tried on kirk and he yielded nothing sad

    Are the amount they hold also the same in NG+?


    Last edited by ublug on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

    Posts : 2631
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Montreal

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by BLA1NE on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:26 pm

    Nice work. Between this, and the humanities and twin humanities you get from bosses, you can be a good way to 99 before even starting to invade people.

    Do you know if it makes a difference whether you humanity suck these NPCs before or after they go hollow?


    _________________
    Blaine Incarnate
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by ChizFreak on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:57 pm

    ublug wrote:Nice, it's good to have these all listed on the same page. I added some more details on darkwraith covenant and cleaned up what was already on the page.

    You should add all npc's, even those with 0 humanity, or readers will think you forgot them in the list. I think someone have added numbers to some NPCs pages if you read through them. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Characters

    I believe the anor londo firekeeper is also 0. All hollows = 0? I think I also tried and failed with the undead merchant once.
    Sieglinde have a lot, 10 or something. Lautrec has 7?
    Siegmeyer, Ingward, Griggs and Solaire have about 4-5 each. Don't remember if Oswald has any, but don't piss him off until the end of the game, in case you need to absolve.
    If I remember correctly you can also use it on invading NPCs (mildred, kirk, leeroy) before you kill them. - just tried on kirk and he yielded nothing sad

    Are the amount they hold also the same in NG+?

    Yeah, I often forget to drain their humanity in NG, so I do it in NG+ and it's the same amount.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

    Posts : 1125
    Reputation : 240
    Join date : 2012-01-16

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by ublug on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:06 pm

    BLA1NE wrote:Do you know if it makes a difference whether you humanity suck these NPCs before or after they go hollow?
    I don't think they have any humanity to be drained when hollow, could be wrong about this.

    Some more NPC's: Shiva + ninja, and the other forest hunters, Domhnall, The crystalline warrior in dukes archives.
    Have anyone tried the grab on Lautrec's helpers in anor londo, after he kills anastacia?
    avatar
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

    Posts : 2631
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Montreal

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by BLA1NE on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:27 pm

    I guess it would stand to reason that they have no humanity left when they go hollow... But it might be worth mentioning!


    _________________
    Blaine Incarnate
    avatar
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

    Posts : 1125
    Reputation : 240
    Join date : 2012-01-16

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by ublug on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:20 pm

    I added Solaire, Griggs and Oswald to the list.
    Was testing something NPC related, so I did the dark hand as well. If you pull in enemies and let them kill the NPC (while you are hiding behind), they will not aggro and might appear later in the game. But I was still blamed for Petrus's death by Reah and co :roll:
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by ChizFreak on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:30 pm

    ublug wrote:I added Solaire, Griggs and Oswald to the list.
    Was testing something NPC related, so I did the dark hand as well. If you pull in enemies and let them kill the NPC (while you are hiding behind), they will not aggro and might appear later in the game. But I was still blamed for Petrus's death by Reah and co :roll:

    Thanks for helping! I'm now with a pure dex/pure pyro toon so I wanted to be FULL DarkWraith with this guy. That's when the idea of making a list came up. Oh, and my username in the wiki is PipoXXXmax, so if you want to send me something, it's that. You can tell because my avatar it's the same haha.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    OmniBot
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 85
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by OmniBot on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:07 pm

    I know you can get humanity from the two darkmoon NPCs that appear in dark Anor Londo, though I'm not sure how much.

    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by ChizFreak on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:51 pm

    OmniBot wrote:I know you can get humanity from the two darkmoon NPCs that appear in dark Anor Londo, though I'm not sure how much.

    Really? Because if that's true, my friend, you have made one of the most important discovers that will make a lot easier for people to get 99 humanity!


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by Tolvo on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:12 am

    Very nice works you guys, I always thought Reah had the most humanity I'd ever drained in game. Incredibly useful, added to the Resources thread!
    avatar
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

    Posts : 1125
    Reputation : 240
    Join date : 2012-01-16

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by ublug on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:59 pm

    Lautrec had 7.
    I tried on maneater mildred (dark spirit), and was able to steal 8 humanity from her. I also tried to exploit this by sending her home (entering the boss) and then warp back to the bonfire so she invaded again. She had 0 on the second invasion. After I killed her she also dropped 1 soft humanity and 3 humanity items as usual.
    I have also drained the darkmoon girls in anor londo, but don't know the amount. I remember trying to exploit that for infinite drops since they respawn, but they had a set amount each.

    / This also makes me curious about leeroy's amount, and if draining him will be problematic :silent:
    avatar
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by aceluby on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:18 pm

    ublug wrote:I added Solaire, Griggs and Oswald to the list.
    Was testing something NPC related, so I did the dark hand as well. If you pull in enemies and let them kill the NPC (while you are hiding behind), they will not aggro and might appear later in the game. But I was still blamed for Petrus's death by Reah and co :roll:

    I do this w/ Shiva & his body guard in Btown. I kite the bug over to that area and block his fire as he attacks. Shiva won't attack you this way until his bodyguard is dead.


    _________________
    Aceluby on PSN, add me!

    SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    avatar
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

    Posts : 2631
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Montreal

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by BLA1NE on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:33 pm

    Do you need to kick Lautrec to get him up to be able to suck him, or can you do it while he's sitting?

    Edit: damn, you're up to 57 humanity already. Between this and the humanities/ twin humanities you get from bosses, you can be at 99 humanity by the end of the game without ever invading anyone.


    _________________
    Blaine Incarnate
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by ChizFreak on Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:26 pm

    BLA1NE wrote:Do you need to kick Lautrec to get him up to be able to suck him, or can you do it while he's sitting?

    Edit: damn, you're up to 57 humanity already. Between this and the humanities/ twin humanities you get from bosses, you can be at 99 humanity by the end of the game without ever invading anyone.

    You need to kick him. Same with Patches I believe. Also I added the humanity Siegmeyer's daughter gives you. 9 Humanity wow...

    Also we need people to test drain in Merchants and Blacksmiths.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

    Posts : 1125
    Reputation : 240
    Join date : 2012-01-16

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by ublug on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:32 am

    Added more to the list. Joined the forest hunters and tried on all the npc's in the forest, but they all had zero.
    The only npc's missing afaik is Lautrec's two phantoms in Anor Londo.
    Need to re-test Andre as well. Couldn't do the grab attack on him when I tried, but will re-check since I found out you can parry him.
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by Rynn on Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:01 pm

    ublug wrote:Added more to the list. Joined the forest hunters and tried on all the npc's in the forest, but they all had zero.
    The only npc's missing afaik is Lautrec's two phantoms in Anor Londo.
    Need to re-test Andre as well. Couldn't do the grab attack on him when I tried, but will re-check since I found out you can parry him.
    Andre and all the blacksmiths cannot be drained.
    The knight who gives you the Estus flasks has at least 1 humanity, but he dies as soon as you try to "take" it.
    avatar
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

    Posts : 1125
    Reputation : 240
    Join date : 2012-01-16

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by ublug on Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:18 am

    I came across this when cleaning up forum posts:

    Deathwing wrote:I found out this yesterday. When you go to painted world of ariamis after killing the dragon on the bridge you see a creature which is blocking the path equip dark hand and then steal humanity from that then go to bonfire (or die) and come back and again steal humanity ( when you come back its sitting again ). Continue the process.
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/message/view/home/46307440

    Anyone tried it?
    avatar
    Langoulk
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 94
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by Langoulk on Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:26 am

    So level 3 of the Darkwraith really drains 10 humanity per drain in PvP?


    _________________
    PSN player. PSN ID: broken-necktie
    avatar
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

    Posts : 2631
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Montreal

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by BLA1NE on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:35 am

    ^As many as your opponent has, up to 10 at a time. So if they have less than 10, that's how many you'll get.

    @U

    I was just there... I'll try it tomorrow.


    _________________
    Blaine Incarnate
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by Rynn on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:55 am

    BLA1NE wrote:^As many as your opponent has, up to 10 at a time. So if they have less than 10, that's how many you'll get.

    @U

    I was just there... I'll try it tomorrow.
    I might have to do that to bother some people in PvP later. Darkwraith invades me? Steal his humanity.
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by ChizFreak on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:35 pm

    ublug wrote:I came across this when cleaning up forum posts:

    Deathwing wrote:I found out this yesterday. When you go to painted world of ariamis after killing the dragon on the bridge you see a creature which is blocking the path equip dark hand and then steal humanity from that then go to bonfire (or die) and come back and again steal humanity ( when you come back its sitting again ). Continue the process.
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/message/view/home/46307440

    Anyone tried it?

    You mean, trying to drain the legs of the zombie dragon that stay there?


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

    Posts : 1125
    Reputation : 240
    Join date : 2012-01-16

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by ublug on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:44 pm

    ChizFreak wrote:You mean, trying to drain the legs of the zombie dragon that stay there?
    I guess that's the idea, but while its lying down.
    I tried, both with and without priscilla alive, but I couldn't drain any humanity. The grab attack made it rise up, just like a normal jump attack will do. Did a few runs and tried to hit some different parts, also tried against the legs. None of my test characters were darkwraiths, perhaps that would have made a difference, or it could have been patched.
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by Tolvo on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:43 pm

    By the way, whenever I drain the Crestfallen warrior he contains one humanity.
    avatar
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

    Posts : 2631
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Montreal

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by BLA1NE on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:42 pm

    ublug wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:You mean, trying to drain the legs of the zombie dragon that stay there?
    None of my test characters were darkwraiths, perhaps that would have made a difference
    Nope, I tried too, with my Darkwraith +3, didn't do anything.


    _________________
    Blaine Incarnate

    Sponsored content

    Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:53 pm