Dark Souls X-Files

    Share
    avatar
    befowler
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 2032
    Reputation : 188
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Sunlight Altar

    Dark Souls X-Files

    Post by befowler on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:53 pm

    We've all seen weird things in the game. But there's weird, and then there's downright creepy. What are some of the most unsettling or unexplained things you've seen? Here are a couple recent ones I've had.

    1) In Nito's tomb to join the gravelord covenant, I idly activated a bloodstain on the floor by the coffin. The resulting animation was nothing but a phantom floating in mid air while being violently shaken from side to side and up and down. I can only assume it was some sort of Nito grab attack (? - never seen it in person), but I didn't even see the ending/death, just this poor person being thrashed around in the air like a boned fish for a good 5-6 seconds.

    2) While running through Anor Londo towards the two giant guardians by the main doors, a ghostly phantom appeared down the steps running towards me, and then got backstabbed and killed. A moment last, another phantom using the same equipment appeared running towards me down the steps again, and also got backstabbed and killed. I moved forward a bit farther, and it happened a third time, in exactly the same way. I actually quit out of that character for a while because I was afraid the church doors were then going to open and a wave of blood would come down the stairs like the Shining or something.

    The truth is out there!


    _________________
    "They can be a great people, Solaire, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."

    Saturnine Knight
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 50
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-04-01
    Location : a tight spot

    Re: Dark Souls X-Files

    Post by Saturnine Knight on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:25 pm

    Hahah, those are great!

    I wish I've seen stuff like that, but I've got no stories to share. Well, except for the uncomphertable feeling when you're walking into a new area and you see a phantom run ahead of you. All of a sudden, he gets just absolutely flattened- running running running the BAM, face down on the ground, then fades away. I go in, expecting something huge to kick my ***... and there's nothing. It's probably just some PvP, but still...


    _________________
    Hydras? Manticores? Ancient ruins?

    That cinches it; Darkroot Forest is actually the Everfree Forest.
    avatar
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 407
    Reputation : 17
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 46
    Location : United States

    Re: Dark Souls X-Files

    Post by deadagain on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:26 pm

    Last night in the catacombs I was co op with a friend. Got to the room with the black knight before the drop to the wheel skeletons. Take out the knight and wait for my summon to take out skeletons from second ledge as I shoot arrows from upper ledge. When all skeletons were dead I try to jump to lower ledge but get stuck in mid air. I can roll in place and use magic but just can't go anywhere. It was a funny sight. My summon comes up to where I am and tries to dislodge me some how. Nothing is working so I start swinging at him and he lands a parry. I then fall to the ground faster than gravity would allow and die. I have been stuck before but it never killed me. It was very odd.


    _________________
    PSN. Slagnogler

    PSN Shubgoaroth






    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 30
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: Dark Souls X-Files

    Post by WyrmHero on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:32 pm

    1) Nito's Grab Attack (edited)

    2) Darkmoon Knightess in host's world (edited)

    Edit: X-Files case closed. Hurrah



    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: Dark Souls X-Files

    Post by cloudyeki on Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:21 pm

    First time I was going to Sif I had a sunbro with me. I was REALLY underlevel for this, as was my summon. I freaked at the first invisible knight, took 5 minutes to kill it. "that went well" we run up, clearing the npcs along the way. When I finish of the cleric by myself I turn and just suddenly see my summon spasm then fall to the floor and die. "Welp, I'm saving this for after Capra". And ran away with my tail between my legs.


    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!
    avatar
    befowler
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 2032
    Reputation : 188
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Sunlight Altar

    Re: Dark Souls X-Files

    Post by befowler on Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:45 pm

    WyrmHero wrote:1) Nito's Grab Attack (edited)

    2) Darkmoon Knightess in host's world (edited)

    Edit: X-Files case closed.


    Actually in the second one, I was human not summoned, and it occurred over at the stairs leading up to the big door you can open leading into the hall to S&O - i.e., fairly far from either the two Dark anor londo NPCs or the firekeeper knight NPC. It basically looked like a player getting chased down the stairs towards the rotating lift and BS'd by another invading player, but stuck in a loop that played the same thing three times and made me sleep with the lights on.


    _________________
    "They can be a great people, Solaire, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 30
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: Dark Souls X-Files

    Post by WyrmHero on Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:52 pm

    befowler wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:1) Nito's Grab Attack (edited)

    2) Darkmoon Knightess in host's world (edited)

    Edit: X-Files case closed.


    Actually in the second one, I was human not summoned, and it occurred over at the stairs leading up to the big door you can open leading into the hall to S&O - i.e., fairly far from either the two Dark anor londo NPCs or the firekeeper knight NPC. It basically looked like a player getting chased down the stairs towards the rotating lift and BS'd by another invading player, but stuck in a loop that played the same thing three times and made me sleep with the lights on.

    LOL were you in Dark or Light Anor?


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    befowler
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 2032
    Reputation : 188
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Sunlight Altar

    Re: Dark Souls X-Files

    Post by befowler on Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:22 pm

    I was in light Anor Londo, just a simple man with a date with two silver knight archers. Instead before I even got there I got to see the same phantom run down the stairs towards me and die gruesomely at my feet three times in a row. I took it as DkS code for "Time to go see what's happening in the burg on your sunbro char."

    deadagain wrote:Last night in the catacombs I was co op with a friend. Got to the room with the black knight before the drop to the wheel skeletons. Take out the knight and wait for my summon to take out skeletons from second ledge as I shoot arrows from upper ledge. When all skeletons were dead I try to jump to lower ledge but get stuck in mid air. I can roll in place and use magic but just can't go anywhere. It was a funny sight. My summon comes up to where I am and tries to dislodge me some how. Nothing is working so I start swinging at him and he lands a parry. I then fall to the ground faster than gravity would allow and die. I have been stuck before but it never killed me. It was very odd.

    This sounds hilarious (in hindsight anyway). I was similarly stuck on one of those rickety walkways in upper blighttown once, where my character could harness the awesome powers of elemental fire but not navigate a two inch step. I could run and roll in place but not go anywhere. The most embarrassing part was that I had a summon with me and he started mocking me with "Joy!" gestures -- until one of them made him back up too much and fall to his death. At least at that point I could homeward bone.


    _________________
    "They can be a great people, Solaire, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."

    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1776
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2012-02-18
    Age : 48
    Location : Oregon, US

    Re: Dark Souls X-Files

    Post by callipygias on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:18 pm

    I just touched a bloodstain next to the Firelink bonfire. The shadow moved around with its guard up, then suddenly was knocked way up into the air. WAY up. It's feet were over the top of the fully-stoked fire. What could have done that in Firelink, or is shadow damage just a representation, like how weapons are standardized?


    _________________
    XBL: callipygias33
    PSN: callipygias33


    "It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked." ~ Yarxov

    "Billy - what type of gladiator do you plan on being?" ~ TehInfamousAmos

    "Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate
    avatar
    befowler
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 2032
    Reputation : 188
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Sunlight Altar

    Re: Dark Souls X-Files

    Post by befowler on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:28 pm

    No, the damage animations seem to be specific. Like that Nito grab attack I mentioned above was one I'd never seen before although I've seen other types of grab attacks in bloodstains, particularly near the ents in darkroot.

    Can the graveyard giant skeletons do a popup attack like that? Or maybe aggro one of the NPCs? I've never seen PvP in firelink although maybe that's possible somehow. I want to believe.


    _________________
    "They can be a great people, Solaire, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."
    avatar
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3627
    Reputation : 144
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 23
    Location : World 4-2 Demon Souls

    Re: Dark Souls X-Files

    Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:33 pm

    does petrus have a dragonbone fist up his sleave?! the only weapons/things that do thatsort of animation are the bkga, the bkgs, the dbf, gravelord sword dance, the giant enemy clams, and nito


    _________________
    ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    avatar
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1668
    Reputation : 45
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Dark Souls X-Files

    Post by Uparkaam on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:02 pm

    One time I was helping someone as a phantom in Kiln. We were standing around for a while when the host suddenly started moving around, attacking the air and drinking estus. I thought that he went hollow. But then I noticed he was taking damage. He was clearly fighting someone... or something. But I couldn't see anything. I tried to help him by hitting the air around him but I didn't hit anyone. Then he just died. I still don't know what killed him.


    _________________
    GFWL & PSN accounts:
    GFWL: Rusty Patches
    PSN accounts:
    Uparkaam (main account)
    Dorkmoon
    Torch_Hollow
    Ravelord_Servant
    Gastro_Zombie
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: Dark Souls X-Files

    Post by skarekrow13 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:56 pm

    Those are weird as heck. I've seen the invisible assailant a few times in the Kiln.

    avatar
    befowler
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 2032
    Reputation : 188
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Sunlight Altar

    Re: Dark Souls X-Files

    Post by befowler on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:35 pm

    Yeah I've seen that in a video, from the host's perspective. A DW invades and the host's phantom starts randomly flailing around, obviously not sure where the guy is. Not even clear he could have hurt him if he did connect. I've also had ones where a DW invades but you don't get a warning message and he's invisible at first. You just start taking damage and getting knocked around, then suddenly he pops into existence along with the invasion message. Thanks for the warning, lol.


    _________________
    "They can be a great people, Solaire, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."

    DecaturRM

    Posts : 8
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-04-06

    Re: Dark Souls X-Files

    Post by DecaturRM on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:11 am

    A couple of days ago in New Londo I was in the building that Ingward is on top of and clicked a blood stain. I saw a phantom getting hit several times, and after every hit it went higher and higher in the air. Then after a few hits it started running away, while still floating in the air above me. Probably was being hit by the ghosts.
    avatar
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1213
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-03-14
    Age : 24
    Location : NYC

    Re: Dark Souls X-Files

    Post by mugenis4real on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:43 am

    befowler wrote:We've all seen weird things in the game. But there's weird, and then there's downright creepy. What are some of the most unsettling or unexplained things you've seen? Here are a couple recent ones I've had.

    1) In Nito's tomb to join the gravelord covenant, I idly activated a bloodstain on the floor by the coffin. The resulting animation was nothing but a phantom floating in mid air while being violently shaken from side to side and up and down. I can only assume it was some sort of Nito grab attack (? - never seen it in person), but I didn't even see the ending/death, just this poor person being thrashed around in the air like a boned fish for a good 5-6 seconds.

    2) While running through Anor Londo towards the two giant guardians by the main doors, a ghostly phantom appeared down the steps running towards me, and then got backstabbed and killed. A moment last, another phantom using the same equipment appeared running towards me down the steps again, and also got backstabbed and killed. I moved forward a bit farther, and it happened a third time, in exactly the same way. I actually quit out of that character for a while because I was afraid the church doors were then going to open and a wave of blood would come down the stairs like the Shining or something.

    The truth is out there!

    Please edit this into your post.
    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=JDZBgHBHQT8

    Sponsored content

    Re: Dark Souls X-Files

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:01 am