Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
strangejoy
RaSoul
6 posters

Zweihander VS Greatsword of Artorias

RaSoul
    RaSoul
    Regular
    Regular

Zweihander VS Greatsword of Artorias Empty Zweihander VS Greatsword of Artorias

Post by RaSoul Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:17 pm

I need some advice regarding my weapon choice. I am soul level 46 and Im spending my soul levels on mostly str, then som end and vit.

Now is my question, which of these two swords would fit me the best? I got a lightning Zweihander +3 right now.

What is your experiences with these weapons?

Thanks for the help!
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Zweihander VS Greatsword of Artorias Empty Re: Zweihander VS Greatsword of Artorias

Post by strangejoy Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:23 pm

It depends on your target SL. The Great Sword of Artorias scales based on numerous attributes. It doesn't really shine at SL120. The zweihander is OK at 120 if you can handle the cool down period and slowness.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Zweihander VS Greatsword of Artorias Empty Re: Zweihander VS Greatsword of Artorias

Post by RANT Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:25 pm

greatsword of artorias is not that good until youre about sl 200 because it has some heavy requirements to qield it correctly, zwei is an awesome weapon but it has a C in str which its not that good, youre better off making lightning like you have now, its really good for the sl youre right now but around sl 120 theres a lot better options because the scale sucks compared to other swords or axes. if youre a str build try the demon great machete, axe or hammer and see what you like.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:30 pm

If you're min/maxing the greatsword won't be really effective for you until you're a pretty high level. But it's got a B scaling in both int and faith. So, unless you plan on taking one of those stats high enough to boost the sword, I'd take the the zweihander.

But, the sword looks freaking sweet. I currently swap between my Greatsword and my gravelord sword. My dude in all black iron, with eagle shield, and the great sword of artorias is such a badass.

Basically, the concept for my character was to take a cleric and turn him into this evil tank. Kinda like my pic ----->
    RaSoul
    RaSoul
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RaSoul Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:00 pm

So in the long term the Greatsword would be good... hmm then I just have to figure out when I want to cap happy

What about the Smoughs Hammer? Would that be any good with a build like this? Havent seen anyone playing with his hammer so far...
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:31 pm

If you wish to use the GS of Artorias, do NOT cap your character at any level, otherwise any elemental will do more damage. If you plan a STR build, get a Demon's great axe or Demon's machete and upgrade normal path
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:35 pm

Smough's hammer is not very useful as other options are far more powerful, and it requires 58/56 STR for 1 handing it..

and if you cap, I'd say lightning Zwei would be and excellent backup weapon, but If you found a weapon like Man-serpent greatsword/demons machete an buffed it, would be superior to lightning zwei.

if you dont cap, go crazy with your combat stats to max your power with artorias' greatsword.
    RaSoul
    RaSoul
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RaSoul Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:55 pm

Thank you for the advice.

I will look into the possibility of getting the Demon Machete, from the wiki pages it seems suitable for the style of my character big grin !!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:06 am