Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
PlasticandRage
RANT
ublug
cloudyeki
Uparkaam
Saturnine Knight
FruitPunchNinja
11 posters

Delayed Actions?!!!?!

FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Delayed Actions?!!!?! Empty Delayed Actions?!!!?!

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:44 pm

ok i need to rant, i mean i NEED to. this is really starting to drive me crazy and i need to see if its possibly my controller(god i feel like a scrub saying that). i never noticed it being this bad but i have noticed it. when you press a button and it takes almost exactly a second to react. it has literally caused me to lose 3 fights in a row and its starting to really piss me off.

i know this is a glitch and not my imagination because ive been able to make it occur multiple times. the weirdest thing is it doesnt even seem to be lag but something else, and EVERY time it seems like the exact same amount of time delay. its about a second but basically if you press any other buttons in the second then you do multiple things and cant stop yourself.

im really starting to understand why the creator apologized about the bugs in the game. what convinces me that this is not lag is that it can occur offline in single player. i never really seemed to notice it before but its gotten out of hand lately happening almost every other fight. im about to stop playing due to this and i think you guys all know how much i love this game.
    Saturnine Knight
    Casual
    Casual

Delayed Actions?!!!?! Empty Re: Delayed Actions?!!!?!

Post by Saturnine Knight Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:50 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean. Doesn't happen too often, but often enough to make me worry about it.

I'm noticing another glitch, though. I went to block, and instead I smacked the guy with my shield. I don't mean I bashed him with a tower shield, I smacked him in the head with a Grasscrest shield. In my left hand. That's not supposed to happen. And it's not like it was a deflect or anything, it was an attack; like if the shield were in my right hand and I smacked him. But it was in my left hand and I smacked him.

And he died. It was neat. I won.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:53 pm

I think this has happened to everyone. But not that frequently though. For me it happens occasioanally but not all the time. Have you tried using another controller?
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:54 pm

Saturnine that is hilarious.

That button lag has killed me so many times while hunting. I had a guy down to a sliver and I dodged to the side. and ended up doing 3 flips and then off the cliff.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:09 pm

yea theres honestly so many glitches i cant count but for whatever reason they have been so frequent im literally about to stop playing. i agree that i noticed this glitch before and it barely ever happend. the delay glitch and then this glitch where i parry i dont get a partial nor do i take dmg but the other player doesnt go into that animation and i cant riposte. also i had this really weird glitch where my equipment changed! this was today. i never really noticed any of these but they have been happening soooo much. i really dont mean to sound like im whining sometimes i do manage to still win but dying to these glitches is really starting to piss me off, if you cant tell by the size of my posts.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:52 pm

Some have said that resetting the ps3 controller makes it better, but I have never tried. It's the small hole on the underside, just use a toothpick or a paper clip to push the button.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:56 pm

hmmm thanks i did not even know about that. much appreciated i will see how that works out.
    Saturnine Knight
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Saturnine Knight Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:14 pm

Oh, and one more thing. This likely has to do with lag, but I absolutely love it when it happens. I'm dancing around some guy, and he's trying to hit me with Quelaag's sword. Suddenly, I don't dodge fast enough. Bam, he connects. It registers he hits me- I even start on fire and stuff, feel the vibration in my controller. But I don't take any damage. I just keep on dodging.

Then I usually manage to roll of a cliff or something.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:23 pm

so far pressing that tiny reset button has improved it greatly. i have never noticed this with other games but dark souls does take a lot of accurate button presses ext that other games dont. im thinking its something to do with the ps3 but maybe not.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:52 pm

isnt it input lag? i though my controller was broken and i got a new controller for that reason only only to find out that it's the freaking game! i was like FUUUUUUUUU! i couldve bought another game instead of a crappy controller. it doesnt happen often but when it does it has to be when you really need it, it sucks trying to dodge for your life only to llok at the button fail and you stand there, take the hit and die, lame.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:56 pm

ublug wrote:Some have said that resetting the ps3 controller makes it better, but I have never tried. It's the small hole on the underside, just use a toothpick or a paper clip to push the button.

I'm going to try this also. I didn't know about it either. I guess a little observation goes a long way.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:54 pm

I noticed that lately in PVP, when you hit the guy with low poise, even when you see the staggering animation, he backstab you. Lag is getting worse for me
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:39 am

Yeah FROM claimed they fixed it in the last patch, but I still get it all the time :-/
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:48 am

Ahh yeah, i have had glitches before... My bastard sword had the moveset of a Falchion... lets just say I had a lot of fun with that! also i had my BSS shoot crossbow bolts like an avelyn...
    RaSoul
    RaSoul
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RaSoul Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:11 am

This happens once in a while on Xbox too, but its not really that frequent in my case. So the problem is not the PS3, but the game itself happy
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:32 pm

yea i think some people might be mistaking lag in general from what im describing(this occurs offline as well)but it sounds like a lot of you have the same thing happening. Unfortunately it started again and its really a shame. Rant, it was the same for me it barely ever happened(1/100 fights) but now its a regular occurrence. starting to piss me off something serious...

just so everyone knows its not a case of me not noticing my stamina being drained i tested this like a mad scientist after i lost 3 fights in a row due to delayed actions. i was able to recreate it multiple times offline with full stamina. this is one of the main reasons i hope that we get this new content with a new patch. it just seems so strange how it just randomly chooses to happen, its driving me crazy.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:53 pm

yeah, mofo got a new controller because of it like me lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 am