Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Rassa
BLA1NE
Railage
Magnetic North
8 posters

Equip Load Balance

Magnetic North
    Magnetic North

Equip Load Balance Empty Equip Load Balance

Post by Magnetic North Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:25 pm

I was playing around and I raised my End. up to 99. Problem with this is that I only get 139ish burden points.

What is my point? If anyone wants to pvp, it basically requires you to...

1.) use a ring slot to be faster
    2.) use medium-light armor in pvp.

I purpose raising the equip load so that the heaviest armors can midroll without a ring in pvp(40-50 End). Currently, in full cat's I can only get to a mid roll which for pvp and a medium armor set is pretty awful. What this does is raise the amount of diversity in pvp matches opening up more combinations of gear/weapons. What do you think?

Last edited by Magnetic North on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Equip Load Balance Empty Re: Equip Load Balance

Post by Railage Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:32 pm

Full Havels Armor is has a weight of 50, so you can do a medium roll..

The way it's set up is you have to prioritize, speed over defence. Or vice versa.

Which is what it should be.
    Magnetic North
    Magnetic North

Post by Magnetic North Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:41 pm

Railage wrote:

The way it's set up is you have to prioritize, speed over defence. Or vice versa.

Which is what it should be.

The problem is with the fact that defense doesn't do anything in PvP. you could be decked out without speed and still get 2-3 stabbed. They could either buff defense or... increase the speed to a midroll, which is still arguably too slow for pvp.
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:45 pm

Defense does make a difference and it's the poise on the heavier armor that matters much more.

If you want to be quick and nimble without using ring slots you have to run the risk of getting stunlocked to death.

If you're poise stacking without rings you should be slow, it balances things out.

If it was changed everything would be the same, except everyone ninja flipping with Giants Armor and a mask would also be wearing a hornets ring.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:05 pm

The point for raising your End to 99 is for something like this.

http://tinyurl.com/8xwy962
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:01 pm

I don't understand... Are you actually saying you're not content with 139 equip weight? What are you trying to do with it?? If people are able to do ninja flips in full havel's with a heavy weapon, I'm sure you can think of some way to be content with 99 End...

I apologize for how rude this post sounds, but you have to see it from my perspective: I think it's absolutely broken that it's even mathematically possible in this game for someone to do the example I gave above (not only someone... the majority of the "PvPers", now.). So I think someone who's not content with 139 equip weight, sans ring, is trying to do something broken.
    Rassa
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Rassa Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:40 am

BLA1NE wrote:I don't understand... Are you actually saying you're not content with 139 equip weight? What are you trying to do with it?? If people are able to do ninja flips in full havel's with a heavy weapon, I'm sure you can think of some way to be content with 99 End...

I apologize for how rude this post sounds, but you have to see it from my perspective: I think it's absolutely broken that it's even mathematically possible in this game for someone to do the example I gave above (not only someone... the majority of the "PvPers", now.). So I think someone who's not content with 139 equip weight, sans ring, is trying to do something broken.

Basically this. Equipment load and the way it works in this game is perfectly fine and i think one of the more interesting stats put into a combat game. What offsets this system is the poorly(and im being nice when i say poorly) balanced items in this game.

You have DWGR which gives you twice what havels ring does in equip load alone.

BKGA which has absurd damage output and attack speed for its weight and stat requirements. Not to mention one of the most versatile move sets.

Hornets ring. With how inconsistent latency is in the game, and backstabs being so problematic for what seems the majority of the players, amplifying that damage type by such a massive amount seems silly.

How utterly useless light armor is compared to heavy armor.

How crappy Large shields are. Their weight does not offset the meesly stability you gain. And shield bashes dont offset parrys at all.

The fact there is only ONE use for dual wielding. Which is to equip say a mace in your offhand to break someones poise faster and combo into a stunlock with a lighter weapon.
    And yet swinging your weapons often is usually more harmful than good with how crippling backstabs are. Especially when chained.

How pointless 25% equip roll is as a goal.

How pointless medium roll is. Youre better off in every scenario to equip a DWGR. In PvE it doesnt really matter. In PvP it does.

Fat roll should be bad as it is since when building this way youre character is meant to be tougher and rely on parrys and blocking. However, in PVP its impractical to play this way. PvE its fine.

How poorly weight is decided for weapons. Yeah okay, smoughs got the biggest mace and logically it makes sense its super heavy. What would make you take that weapon when it requires so many stats and still falls short in damage compared to others. Grant another example. DSS. Dragon weapons.

Giants armor.

Masks.

Keep in mind, im just pointing out the items that stand out above everything else. In a min max setting, these items arent like 5% better. Like i pointed out with DWGR compared to havels, its twice the amount.

You would see more interest in medium and heavy rolls if super fast rolls werent so easily attainable while wearing heavy armor.

TLDR equip rate is fine. Items are where balance issues are.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:46 am

Equip load is fine, DWGR is not. Should be only for 25% equip load, so no tank can flip. Hope they nerf it along with the DLC.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:53 am

I just think the DWGR should be an asthetic thing really. How I would love to see tanks moving slower, but again with BS, there are other issues. Man, my brain hurts just thinking about balancing a game.
    russiannightmare
    russiannightmare
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by russiannightmare Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:57 am

I have to agree with the community here. Equipment balance is fine it is with the items that things are broken. The darkwood grain ring to be exact. This ring should be rebalanced to only give a fast running speed between 25-50% burden and give the ninja flip only if your under 25% burden since its designed is players with very low to no poise, not tanks.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:26 am

My favorite toon can tank a hit from anything and still flip around like the circus just came to town. Obviously the DWGR is a little broken in this sense because I'm sure that I'm not the only person rocking a setup like this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 am