Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Yesuurd
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
Carphil
Serious_Much
FexDS
Rin
BartholomewWenceslas
ErrJon6661
Tolvo
14 posters

Resource Threads to Check Out for Rookies and Vets

Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Resource Threads to Check Out for Rookies and Vets - Page 2 Empty Re: Resource Threads to Check Out for Rookies and Vets

Post by Emergence Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:15 pm

It may change. If I feel it gets in the way or obscures the important announcements I may revert it back to sticky. Just testing it for the time being.

Sorry for the nudge Tolvo, but you worked it out like a champ!

(Reminder, never approach Emergence with an idea.)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Resource Threads to Check Out for Rookies and Vets - Page 2 Empty Re: Resource Threads to Check Out for Rookies and Vets

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:19 pm

It's all good, I understand if it gets reverted back to a Sticky. Either way thanks for the help, I'm hoping a people do get some good use out of it.

Be careful about approaching Emergence with an idea unless you're willing to follow through on it haha.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:51 pm

I'm writing up a little SL120 build guide in the first post of the thread i started the other day, it's nearly finished.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:11 pm

There is a link in the main post leading to the PvP Build section of the Wiki, that is a spot for such builds to be added in a centralized area.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:14 pm

It's not a sample build though, it's a guide that explains how to build an SL120 character efficiently. Have a look.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:16 pm

Ah, alright then. I will add that to the description since it is already in the main post.

EDIT: Added.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:33 pm

Does anyone think I should add User Made Covenants to the page as well? I'm a bit torn on this, while they deserve more attention this thread is more so for sending people to spots where they can learn and be informed about the game in general. What do you guys think?
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:46 pm

Yes I feel it should.

The wiki's user covenant page is this

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/User+Made+Covenants
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:33 am

I'll wait until I get some more Feedback in regards to user made covenants.

I've also added a page on PvP uses of Pyromancy.

EDIT: Also added the Gravelord Cursebook, a listing of all known Black Phantom Mobs that appear in Cursed Worlds.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:55 pm

Added the list of NPC's that can be drained of humanity and for how much, as well as the thread containing links to statues and other important bits of imagery relating to lore.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:54 am

Added A Newbie's Tale. Jesus christ guys, looking through that thread you've gone above and beyond, it really shows just how helpful this community is. Even if you've beaten the game I suggest you thumb through, it is a very interesting read and pretty heart warming if I must say. I'm a big old softy so it's a bit lame of me, but I love that threads like this exist.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:11 pm

Tolvo can you change the title of this post? I don't think newbies know what are resource threads, lol.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:42 pm

Maybe if enough people think there should be a change. Also I haven't gotten enough feedback yet on User Covenants and whether they should be added.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:45 pm

You can add the Lifehunters, the Protectors and the Gravesworn!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:47 pm

Well see it comes down to that this thread is for useful game information, and while user covenants are fun they're not really great resources for players you know? I added Gravelord's united which is sort of a User Cov thing, but because it was full of so much information about Gravelords. Maybe if the other user covs have information that players can use like tactics, use of armor sets, weapons etc, then I should add them.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:25 pm

Added a short thread detailing information about levelling up in regards to reasons to, or not to. Useful for those who wonder why so many people play at SL120.

EDIT: I also added another thread detailing the importance of upgrading the proper weapons.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:21 pm

Added two threads that give information regarding how the reputation system works, along with a few tips for making yourself a bit more known in the community.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:30 pm

Added the forum Introductions thread for new and old members. If I see it really isn't an interesting thing for most I may remove it though.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:57 pm

I've added a section for useful videos. If you know of any link them to me and I'll look them over. I'm looking more for informative things, rather than merely videos of people PvP'ing. Also if a video contains any information about glitches, mods, etc, I will not link it in the thread.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:56 am

Added Bla1ne's interesting thread about AR versus actual damage done.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:22 am

Added the active Xbox Live FC.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat May 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Some were talking about a videos section of the forum, and they aren't sure about where exactly to post them. I've decided to add a section for interesting videos, or rather important videos. I've started it with Epic Name Bro's video on the difficulty, experience, and love of Dark Souls. I won't be adding the videos that everyone makes no, that's not the point. But his video is something everyone might want to see, it's a well informed review of the game and describes just what it is we all love about the game.

If you have a video that is either important, or very useful just link it to me and I might add it.
    chimi chongos

Post by chimi chongos Wed May 09, 2012 6:36 pm

Out of curiosity is there an abbreviations or glossary thread I can check out to look up all of the abbreviations frequently used on this forum? I've searched and I couldn't find anything. I can figure out most of the abbreviations based on the context of the thread but it would be nice to have a "Commonly Used Abbreviations" thread or something to that effect.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed May 09, 2012 10:41 pm

We actually have a thread and a page for that already, I think Emergence may have set it up so messaging him would probably be the way to go. I'm searching for it myself and I'll link to the pages, but it may take me a bit to do it manually.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat May 19, 2012 12:01 pm

[/center]Abbreviations and Acronyms

I found it! Abbreviations and Acronyms thread, here and in the flesh! Added to the big post! That was buried so deep in the general discussion, holy hell.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 pm