Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Serious_Much
bloodpixel
6 posters

I wish you could lock on at the feet on bigger bosses.

bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I wish you could lock on at the feet on bigger bosses. Empty I wish you could lock on at the feet on bigger bosses.

Post by bloodpixel Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:13 pm

It would be really helpful.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

I wish you could lock on at the feet on bigger bosses. Empty Re: I wish you could lock on at the feet on bigger bosses.

Post by Serious_Much Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:13 pm

Go fight the Tower knight on Demons and your wish shall be granted.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I wish you could lock on at the feet on bigger bosses. Empty Re: I wish you could lock on at the feet on bigger bosses.

Post by bloodpixel Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:19 pm

Only partially...
    Nate the Great

Post by Nate the Great Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:20 pm

i concur. i was just fighting the Iron Golem and for one, it said i was disconnected from xbox live and it just shut me out of the game and restarted. what in the hell?!?! i was doing well and suddenly i get removed from the game. now i reloaded my game and i am in front of the white light with the same amount of health and items that i had.

also i wanted to say that the targeting in this game is less than favorable. it locks onto the golem's body so you are swinging up at his crotch which you can never hit. it's easier to not lock on and swing at his legs but then you can't block because you're not centered on his attacks.

and i don't know if it's just my control of if it's the game, but the X button NEVER works when i hit it, and i always have to press it and hold because it is so unresponsive. i'll say it forever- nothing microsoft makes ever works properly.

sorry i just had to rant for a second. now i will go fight the golem and hopefully no shenanigans this time
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:39 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Go fight the Tower knight on Demons and your wish shall be granted.
    that was the 1st thin that i fout when i saw the name of this topic tongue
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:48 pm

Nate the Great wrote:i concur. i was just fighting the Iron Golem and for one, it said i was disconnected from xbox live and it just shut me out of the game and restarted. what in the hell?!?! i was doing well and suddenly i get removed from the game. now i reloaded my game and i am in front of the white light with the same amount of health and items that i had.

also i wanted to say that the targeting in this game is less than favorable. it locks onto the golem's body so you are swinging up at his crotch which you can never hit. it's easier to not lock on and swing at his legs but then you can't block because you're not centered on his attacks.

and i don't know if it's just my control of if it's the game, but the X button NEVER works when i hit it, and i always have to press it and hold because it is so unresponsive. i'll say it forever- nothing microsoft makes ever works properly.

sorry i just had to rant for a second. now i will go fight the golem and hopefully no shenanigans this time
    Sometimes controls won't work if you're actively blocking. For instance, I had a pyromancer and I tried to use great fireball, so I hit RB and nothing happened. A few seconds later I dropped mt shield and then the fireball went off and I hadn't pressed RB again. I haven't necessarily tested it, but it's happened to me many times so I'm near positive that sometimes actively blocking will prevent you from doing any other actions that would drop your shield
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:58 pm

^Holding your shield up will mess up most button commands.

@Nate:

Don't lock on to fight the Iron Golem! Lock on if you need to re-center yourself to block one of his attacks (if you do block--I just roll). Otherwise, it's easier to just walk between his legs and attack at his shins without lock-on.

@OP

I agree that the lock-on leaves much to be desired in this game... Specifically with regards to range, target prioritization (how about locking on to the target I'm directly looking at, rather than the closer one I couldn't even see on my left but which causes me to take a plunge...) and location on the target. But it's not such a big issue since fighting without lock-on is just as good, if not better. I prefer to play with lock-on off, and maybe turn it on real quick to re-center my character then turn if off again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:23 pm